Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Especially when blaming Jesus Christ for the evil clips!!!

Why would anyone want to do that, or create that, or show that, or defend that .. . in the name of Jesus Christ, who they ultimately are inferring is the cause of all that gross picture of sin.

Horrible!

God is not the cause of such evils. And no Calvinist/Reformer on this forum says God is the author of such horror.

Only the anti-Calvinists post this ugly bad stuff, in the desire to misrepresent our teachings.

B57 and Nanja believe that. Ask them? They're "Hyper-Calvinist" Crazies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I had an odd dream last night. People of all sorts were walking up a staircase and as they walked along the staircase they had to write their sins on a wall. Well, suddenly I see Nang walking down the downward staircase, so I asked her, "Where are you going?" She answered: "I'm headed down for more chalk."

musterion

Like I have often observed, when one is unable or has nothing substantive to contribute to a discussion, things like the above are the default diversionary approach, hoping to cover up one's inadequacies. I only wish that persons who have nothing to say would cease giving us ample evidence of it. ;)

AMR

Like when Nang dismisses valid points with a lazy "Bah." That never earns your rebuke.

Gotta tell you, if I believed TOL from Knight on down was allowing my quote-mined slander, I would not hang around at all. Funny that you're still here, despite such an outrage as you feel was done to you so long ago.

popsthebuilder

I had an odd dream last night. People of all sorts were walking up a staircase and as they walked along the staircase they had to write their sins on a wall. Well, suddenly I see Nang walking down the downward staircase, so I asked her, "Where are you going?" She answered: "I'm headed down for more chalk."
That's just low down homey.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Bump for a great post. Bless you, Nang. May God use you to stir the hearts/minds of His beloved.

How evil do you have to be to be the guy who encourages others in their evil?

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

popsthebuilder

How evil do you have to be to be the guy who encourages others in their evil?

Isaiah 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil; Who put darkness for light, and light for darkness; Who put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
What evil was encouraged?

Can not the "grace gospel" be seen as promotion of evil veiled as good?

This is a serious question and by no means a stab at anyone or their belief.

The question stems from ignorance and logic.

Peace

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Going to WAR with "The Grace Gospel" isn't such a good idea Pops. Christ Himself met Paul on the road to Damascus in order to give Paul that message. I mean, WHO are you to say it was the wrong message?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Kind of like asking if someone has stopped beating their wife. "Yes?" :doh: "No." :doh:
No, Lon. You're wrong again. Questions like the one you suggest are designed to embarrass the person giving the answer no matter which answer they give. There's only one answer to my question that is at all embarrassing.

In the end, both are EXACTLY what the asker wanted to hear and imho, it is nothing but vitriolic dishonesty to win a stupid contest.
I didn't put those words in AMR's mouth! I quoted him directly! He those things of his own free will and meant every word.

And, by the way, - in case you missed it - this is a debate forum where we try to win the argument (or at least some of us do). It's a perfectly valid tactic to use your opponent's words against them.

Okay, you can ask a question that I personally won't answer. Next? "Lon is dishonest." :nono:
At least you have the guts to respond to the fact that I even asked the question and make some attempt to explain why you won't answer it.

The fact that you won't answer it - for whatever reason - speaks volumes about what you think about God.

I will answer it!

NO! I categorically deny the truth of AMR's comments and denounce Jeffery Dahmer as an evil homo. God dispised both him and his actions and had nothing whatsoever to do with the crimes he committed. God did not plan them, He did not ordain them, He did not predestine them and it was NOT His will that they occur. Jeffery Dahmer was acting in opposition to God's will and was, therefore, EVIL.

See?! That wasn't so hard. In fact, it's such an easy question to answer that the only reason to refuse to immediately answer my question is because you're embarrassed by your answer, which was the point in asking it.

Again, you simply win a 'stupid' contest. It is a debate tactic with no winner, certainly not God.
You're only arguing against yourself here, Lon.

Both God and I won this one. God is good, He did not predestine evil, He didn't want evil, He doesn't want evil. God works justice by punishing evil and defending the righteous. God is good!

Make it your ambition, not to defeat Calvinism, but to Glorify God and uphold His truths. Acts 5:38,39
The later accomplishes the former.

Was Gamaliel correct? We often go at each other on TOL as if Gamaliel was/is wrong :think:
You're likening Calvinism to the Apostles believing and teaching that Jesus is the Messiah?

Would you have made the same argument about those who fought against the lies of Fascism in Pre-World War II Germany?
Do you make the same argument about those who desire to kill as many pre-born black babies as they can figure out how to kill?

Just how obviously evil does something have to be before your Gamaliel argument no longer applies?

Is blasphemy evil enough for you?
Is attributing - by direct implication - the evil acts of Dahmer to God's will evil enough for you?

Clearly not!

2 playing field leveling questions (imho):
1) Is God in control of the world?
2) If yes, how much? (all things?)

Imho, our whole goal needs to be how to address these two questions both with believers, and nonbelievers alike. Further, I believe scripture makes it clear what the answers are, even if someone else disagrees on what I overtly assume those answers are.
In Him -Lon

God is NOT controlling people when they do evil things!

Christians of every stripe, including Calvinist, are all the time telling both believers and unbelievers alike that they should allow God to take control of their lives. They use corny one-liners like "God is not my co-pilot, He's my only pilot!" and other similar comments. What do they mean by that except that you should do rightly? They don't mean that you can do whatever you want. They do not mean that you can rape, murder and eat homosexual prostitutes because God is in control of your life! That isn't what it means to say that God is in control! THAT ISN'T WHAT IT MEANS!!!!

God definitely is in control of His universe but that does not mean that He maticulously controls the direction and speed of every subatomic partical and every action of every man, woman and child on planet Earth. When I drive my car, it is under my control. I decide how fast it goes, which direction is goes in, whether the windows are up or down, whether the radio is on or off and how loud its playing and which station it's tuned too, etc, etc. But I don't have to pay any attention to which piston is up and which is down, I don't have to control which molecule of fuel goes into the fuel pump and which remains in the tank, I don't have to splin the fan blades in the air conditioner or cause the windshield to prevent a rock from spliting my forehead open. All of that happens because of the way it was designed. But the designer doesn't have to be will me in the car for all that to happen either. It happens because of the nature of those systems. It is the same with the world and God. God designed the world very well and does not have to maticulously control every event in order for the world to be under His control.
The word soveriegn does not mean "maticulous control of every event that occurs." It means, "Highest authority." God is The Soverign of all that is. All power and authority belongs to Him and comes from Him. Any ability and authority anyone has can be immediately recalled by God at any time. Your next breath is not guaranteed to you. This sort of mass recall of authority is exactly what God did when He flooded the world.

There's more to say here but I'm out of time.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
The Grace Gospel is, that Christ came in the form of a man and took upon Himself the sins of ALL humanity. However, in order to reap the benefits of that "Ultimate Sacrifice," one must hear that Gospel and place one's faith in Christ as their Savior. According to the Grace Gospel, it's received by faith alone without anything else. It's a gift from God to those who put their faith in His Son and what He accomplished on the cross and His subsequent resurrection.