Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

popsthebuilder

Posters like AMR and Nang are truly passionate about what they believe. However, what they believe is entirely wrong according to the written word of God. Posters may respect certain other posters, but, still reserve the right to discern the truth from a counterfeit. I respect Lon. I like Lon. However, I believe he follows after the false doctrines of Calvinism.
Yet you can't show it to be false.

You can repeat it all you want, but it is of little worth if you can't back it scripturally.

I posit that you hold the Calvinist doctrine with such animosity because it strips you of the false notion of continuing in sin all while vainly considering yourself saved.

Sent from my Z988 using Tapatalk

Nang

TOL Subscriber

You can repeat it all you want, but it is of little worth if you can't back it scripturally.

I posit that you hold the Calvinist doctrine with such animosity because it strips you of the false notion of continuing in sin all while vainly considering yourself saved.

Bingo!

You have nailed it . . .

Deuteronomy 11

26 Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
27 A blessing, if ye obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day:
28 And a curse, if ye will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which ye have not known.

Joshua 24:15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

John 3

14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 5

39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
40 And ye will not come to me [not "cannot come"], that ye might have life.

1 John 2:2 And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.

John 6

28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Acts 10

34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons:
35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

Revelation 22:17 And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

John 3:36 says, "He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him." Nothing could be plainer. The man who goes to heaven goes because he comes to Jesus Christ and trusts Him as Savior. And the man who goes to hell does so because he refuses to come to Jesus Christ and will not trust Him as Savior.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

We need only read through the written word of God in order to see His character and intent. His character and intent do not match up with the false doctrines of Calvinism. The Calvinists say, "Man has no free will" yet, we come across evidence throughout the Bible that PROVES man has free will. One example I like to use is, Matthhew 23:37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!"That verse alone PROVES that man has a freewill to choose to follow God or not to follow Him.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
If a "Man-made" doctrine doesn't match the Scriptures, we MUST delete the Man-made doctrine and consider it wrong. That's what needs to be done with the false doctrines, gospel, and out of character god of Calvinism.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Obviously, God created His "beings" with free will. Not only we human beings but , the angels, as well. Lucifer (Satan) and a third of the angels "chose" to rebel against God and were cast out of Heaven, Adam and Eve "chose" to rebel and were cast out of the Garden of Eden. Do you see a connection here? Free will IS the connection between the two events.

We need only read through the written word of God in order to see His character and intent. His character and intent do not match up with the false doctrines of Calvinism. The Calvinists say, "Man has no free will" yet, we come across evidence throughout the Bible that PROVES man has free will. One example I like to use is, Matthhew 23:37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!"That verse alone PROVES that man has a freewill to choose to follow God or not to follow Him.

It's such insanity, this concept our dear Lord Jesus was weaping over Jerusalem, because they were responding to Him as they were created to? What would be the problem, if they were predestined so, as they would just have been doing His will, right? And He would complain, in the first place, because they were being what they were made to be? Just senseless.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Logically speaking, if Lucifer and his fellow angels didn't have free will, then, God Himself would have ordained Lucifers rebellion. By the same token, if humanity (in the form of Adam and Eve) didn't have free will, then, God Himself had to have willed them to sin in the garden of Eden. What other possibility is available? God is a logical/reasonable God. We MUST believe that. He created humanity to be logical and reasonable. Therefore, we MUST use our God given heads to see these things as they really are and not as we imagine they are.

Obviously, God created His "beings" with free will. Not only we human beings but , the angels, as well. Lucifer (Satan) and a third of the angels "chose" to rebel against God and were cast out of Heaven, Adam and Eve "chose" to rebel and were cast out of the Garden of Eden. Do you see a connection here? Free will IS the connection between the two events.

They have this god with a small 'g' it seems, who writes this very long play, and complains when all the actors perform their roles as expected? What sort of god creates the entire scenario, writes the play, then complains of his scenario, as if scolding the villain actors for reading and performing their lines well, like the hero actors? My God said let us reason together, not let us lack reason, Isaiah 1:18. Calvin was on drugs... or something...

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Why would God create man to rebel against Him and go off and worship idols? Of what benefit would that be to God? It's the kind of illogic that creates a scenario where an earthly Father makes his child rebel against him so he can punish that same child? Where's the LOGIC in ALL of this?

You are a typical Calvinist WLJ. You've been indoctrinated to the point of being totally brainwashed by false doctrine.

I don't know what your problem is, and I've clearly been speaking against Calvinism, in fact. But you do have a problem, now are attacking me. Being hateful, gratuitously insulting and mean, seems to be something you specialize in, seen in post after post after post to people, and you're a real disappointment. When you so often speak evilly to others, where is YOUR spiritual discernment, that you don't have it in you to simply be a decent person? Do you get your incessant hatefulness from Christ? Physician, heal thyself.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Calvinism creates an environment where the "god" of Calvinism is merely playing the puppeteer to his creations. They do his bidding and he does what he pleases with them, on a whim. That is the god (small g) the Calvinists worship. To their god, the world is his chessboard and humanity represents the varied pieces that he moves around as he pleases. Their god seems to mainly be playing a game of sorts when it comes right down to it.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I don't know what your problem is, and I've clearly been speaking against Calvinism, in fact. But you do have a problem, now are attacking me. Being hateful, gratuitously insulting and mean, seems to be something you specialize in, seen in post after post after post to people, and you're a real disappointment. When you so often speak evilly to others, where is YOUR spiritual discernment, that you don't have it in you to simply be a decent person? Do you get your incessant hatefulness from Christ? Physician, heal thyself.

If I misunderstood what you were saying in that post, I apologize to you. It appeared that you were "pro-Calvinist?" Perhaps, I didn't catch the subtle way you were approaching the subject? I will delete that post. My apologies.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
They have this god with a small 'g' it seems, who writes this very long play, and complains when all the actors perform their roles as expected? What sort of god creates the entire scenario, writes the play, then complains of his scenario, as if scolding the villain actors for reading and performing their lines well, like the hero actors? My God said let us reason together, not let us lack reason, Isaiah 1:18. Calvin was on drugs... or something...

Good post.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
As happens, there are times when we "misunderstand" the intent of others, while posting words without seeing the expressions on others faces. This is one of the limitations of E-Mails and posting.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
theres only one God

We agree on that much!

The direct and intentional implication is that your god does not exist.

The real God is just and He does rightly because it is right.

Deuteronomy 32:4 He is the Rock, His work is perfect; For all His ways are justice, A God of truth and without injustice; Righteous and upright is He.​