Does Calvinism Make God Unjust?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Luke 8:11-14 KJV
(11) Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God.
(12) Those by the way side are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved.
(13) They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.
(14) And that which fell among thorns are they, which, when they have heard, go forth, and are choked with cares and riches and pleasures of this life, and bring no fruit to perfection.

Since you just equated "believed" with "requires the predestined Holy spirit first" with "eternally saved" I think that Jesus just destroyed Calvinism in the gospel of Luke with that parable. The good news is that the true and honest gospel is much much better than that allowed by Calvinism.

Hardly.

The visible churches are full of hypocrites, who sit and hear the gospel preached, but who never bear the fruit of the Spirit, because they were never regenerated to new spiritual life. The Holy Spirit does not indwell them, and their dead hearts remain hard as stone in unbelief.

Regeneration precedes saving faith . . .

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Calvinists would have us believe that God chose who He desired to "Save" before the foundation of the world and the rest were chosen for eternal damnation. Calvinism is not only a "Major Cult" it is a "Counterfeit created by Satan."

beloved57

Now as to this guy calling my post false, I have been a preacher for 25 years, the only kind of people I meet who always say everyone's thoughts and understandings are wrong except theirs is the kind of people you have to be weary of.

{{{ We were all elected via the blood of Christ, some just choose to not accept this calling. Jesus was slain before the foundation of the world, thus we were all predestined by God to be saved through Jesus' blood. It is really simple logic, God can not lie, and if He desires that all men would not perish, but have everlasting life, then Calvinism is just a misunderstanding of the word. Which is not a rare case in Christendom.}}}

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, ( So what is God's Will ? )

2 Peter 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:3 This is good and pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, 4 who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

We are predestined unto Christ Jesus' salvation, that is Gods will, that all should choose Jesus' Blood.

Revelation 13:8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world. So Jesus was a Sacrifice for us before the Universe was even created, because God knows the beginning and the ending and everything in between.

You made quite a few false statements!

Rosenritter

There's no if's about it.

Your works of the flesh, are filthy rags Is 64:6, that cannot save you!

But those who are Elect of God they are in a Reconciled state with Him, made Righteous by Christ's death for them Rom. 5:10; 5:19.

They are sinless and holy is God's sight even while they remain in a flesh body: Blessed even in their sins apart from them doing anything.

That's what the Blood of Christ accomplished for all His Sheep.

Is 53:5-
5 But he was wounded for our [The Sheep] transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.
6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.
10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
11 He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

~~~~~

Actually, there ARE some "IF"s about it.

Hebrews 6:4-8 KJV
(4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
(5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
(6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
(7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

That word that is highlighted red and underlined is "IF."

Rosenritter

Total depravity means you can't run from being a sinner. Sin follows you everywhere you go. Thats why God has to control every molecule according to His pleasure cause men can't change how the atoms orbits. If you deny you're made of molecules, you're an arminian. You may think like an arminian to feel better. Calvinists feels better knowing God is the boss

Since when did "Total Depravity" become an unquestionable tenet of the gospel, an accepted truth by which all scripture must be bent around?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
It appears as if "Most" Calvinists are fairly intelligent, studious, arrogant, and detail oriented. These types of people are drawn to Calvinism. John Calvin was known as "The Pope of Geneva." He came out of Catholicism, however, he brought a truckload of Catholic beliefs with him. Including water baptizing babies, etc. He was a vicious, murderous, sadistic, and tyrannical man according to history. He was culpable for the deaths of over fifty human beings during his "Reign of Terror."

It's been said: "You can take Calvin out of the Catholic Church, but, you can't take the Catholic Church out of Calvin."

Rosenritter

Total depravity means you can't run from being a sinner. Sin follows you everywhere you go. Thats why God has to control every molecule according to His pleasure cause men can't change how the atoms orbits. If you deny you're made of molecules, you're an arminian. You may think like an arminian to feel better. Calvinists feels better knowing God is the boss

Calvinists don't really feel better knowing God is boss. If they truly let God be boss, they wouldn't resent God being willing to extend mercy to all. I suspect that Calvinists feel better thinking that they are elite, and that they do not have responsibility.

Matthew 20:10-15 KJV
(10) But when the first came, they supposed that they should have received more; and they likewise received every man a penny.
(11) And when they had received it, they murmured against the goodman of the house,
(12) Saying, These last have wrought but one hour, and thou hast made them equal unto us, which have borne the burden and heat of the day.
(13) But he answered one of them, and said, Friend, I do thee no wrong: didst not thou agree with me for a penny?
(14) Take that thine is, and go thy way: I will give unto this last, even as unto thee.
(15) Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

It somehow disturbs Calvinist thought that he might be more good, more loving, more merciful. Or that he might require something of whom he has chosen, that there might be expectations, and conditions, and penalties if one takes their calling lightly. See also Matthew 18:32-35, also Matthew 25:14-30.

Matthew 18:32-35 KJV
(32) Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
(33) Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
(34) And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
(35) So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Matthew 25:24-30 KJV
(24) Then he which had received the one talent came and said, Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed:
(25) And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine.
(26) His lord answered and said unto him, Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed:
(27) Thou oughtest therefore to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury.
(28) Take therefore the talent from him, and give it unto him which hath ten talents.
(29) For unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath.
(30) And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

God has expectations for those whom he gives ability, and upon those whom he has chosen and given talents, ability, or forgiveness, that is still conditional. To deny that is to deny Jesus, and the gospel, but it will allow you to remain Calvinist.

Rosenritter

Anyone who accuses a professed Christian of eternal damnation is a hypocrite (ie; pretender, liar, pietist).

That includes any on TOL who do this.

None of us know the eternal security of another.

I am a professed Christian. But AMR (Ask Mr. Religion) said I am reprobate and irrevocably slated for eternal damnation. You therefore agree that AMR is a hypocrite and a liar? After all, even by his beliefs, I could be one of the predestined elect and he or I would have no way of knowing.

Rosenritter

False statements not found in scripture!

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Rondonmonson

We were all elected via the blood of Christ, some just choose to not accept this calling. Jesus was slain before the foundation of the world, thus we were all predestined by God to be saved through Jesus' blood. It is really simple logic, God can not lie, and if He desires that all men would not perish, but have everlasting life, then Calvinism is just a misunderstanding of the word. Which is not a rare case in Christendom.

You don't believe Jesus was slain before the foundation of the world?

Revelation 13:8 KJV
(8) And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Your "False statements not found in scripture" claim doesn't carry a lot of weight. It's one thing if you choose not to believe the scripture, but don't claim that it's not found in scripture.

Rosenritter

Looks as if you're a wee bit confused Rosie. By the way Rosie, James was written to the twelve tribes of Israel. Learn how to "Rightly Divide."

You don't even have the sense to be shameful at how you wrest the scripture to your own destruction. So James, in a letter he wrote specifically addressing the twelve tribes of Israel, when he says that if you bridle not your tongue your religion is in vain, that only applies to "Jews?"

So you, claiming to be a Gentile, believe that you have no obligation to bridle your tongue, and that your religion is pure and spotless when you deceive your own heart?

And even accepting your insane interpretation,
notice James wrote to the twelve tribes of Israel. Judah, Levi, and Benjamin make up only three. You could easily be from Gad, or Reuben, or Simeon and you wouldn't know because you haven't traced your lineage. The other tribes were scattered abroad and could be anywhere.

I know enough to "rightly divide" your words away from scripture, judging your sayings to be false and insane.

Rosenritter

Rosie, you lack true discernment. B57 is what they call a "Hyper-Calvinist." Even Nang wouldn't go along with everything B57 preaches. He believes that God creates ALL sin.

Beloved at least is exercising some proper responses. When he doesn't agree with a statement, he will say "stop" and "I disagree with that statement right there" and "let's go back and discuss that before going forward." It's a credit, good behavior, something that you unfortunately don't see every day. And Hyper-Calvinism is the logical end of Calvinism. At least Beloved is being consistent. If there's inherent contradiction in Beloved's consistently-held beliefs, perhaps he (she?) may be able to adjust when (if?) that becomes apparent.

You are what I might term a hyper-Dispensationist. When someone says that BECAUSE James says "your religion is vain if you bridle not your tongue, if you do not show love" and decides that it was 1) only written to Jews and 2) they are not a Jew, therefore 3) they may act in a matter that shows no love and they are immune that goes beyond being consistent, that's just logically defunct. That's not proper math. And reasons like that are why I've wanted nothing to do with anything that calls itself "Dispensationist." Because it bears bad fruit.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
You don't even have the sense to be shameful at how you wrest the scripture to your own destruction. So James, in a letter he wrote specifically addressing the twelve tribes of Israel, when he says that if you bridle not your tongue your religion is in vain, that only applies to "Jews?"

So you, claiming to be a Gentile, believe that you have no obligation to bridle your tongue, and that your religion is pure and spotless when you deceive your own heart?

And even accepting your insane interpretation,
notice James wrote to the twelve tribes of Israel. Judah, Levi, and Benjamin make up only three. You could easily be from Gad, or Reuben, or Simeon and you wouldn't know because you haven't traced your lineage. The other tribes were scattered abroad and could be anywhere.

I know enough to "rightly divide" your words away from scripture, judging your sayings to be false and insane.

Seems as if you have some deep rooted "Anger Issues." Perhaps you should take some "Self-Control" classes to help resolve your PROBLEM?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Beloved at least is exercising some proper responses. When he doesn't agree with a statement, he will say "stop" and "I disagree with that statement right there" and "let's go back and discuss that before going forward." It's a credit, good behavior, something that you unfortunately don't see every day. And Hyper-Calvinism is the logical end of Calvinism. At least Beloved is being consistent. If there's inherent contradiction in Beloved's consistently-held beliefs, perhaps he (she?) may be able to adjust when (if?) that becomes apparent.

You are what I might term a hyper-Dispensationist. When someone says that BECAUSE James says "your religion is vain if you bridle not your tongue, if you do not show love" and decides that it was 1) only written to Jews and 2) they are not a Jew, therefore 3) they may act in a matter that shows no love and they are immune that goes beyond being consistent, that's just logically defunct. That's not proper math. And reasons like that are why I've wanted nothing to do with anything that calls itself "Dispensationist." Because it bears bad fruit.

Like I suggested: Take some self-control classes. You sound a bit UNHINGED.

Rosenritter

Hardly.

The visible churches are full of hypocrites, who sit and hear the gospel preached, but who never bear the fruit of the Spirit, because they were never regenerated to new spiritual life. The Holy Spirit does not indwell them, and their dead hearts remain hard as stone in unbelief.

Regeneration precedes saving faith . . .

I noticed you invented a new term "saving faith." That means you acknowledge other types of faith. Initial faith, for example. One is not saved by their own faith, they are saved by the grace of God which he extends to those that place their faith in him. Faith is then helped. If you want to call the full-fledged development of that initial faith as "saving faith" then perhaps I might agree.

But you're already quoting Calvinist terms and dogma that aren't spoken of in scripture. So what's the point in continuing? Go back to scripture.

Nanja

Actually, there ARE some "IF"s about it.

Hebrews 6:4-8 KJV
(4) For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
(5) And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
(6) If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
(7) For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
(8) But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

That word that is highlighted red and underlined is "IF."

The Elect can't fall away.

Their sins were laid on their Surety Heb. 7:22 Christ Jesus Is. 53:6.

Phil. 1:6
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

This is also the Sanctifying Work of the Holy Spirit.

2 Thes. 2:13
But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

~~~~

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I noticed you invented a new term "saving faith."

Not my invention . . .

That means you acknowledge other types of faith.

Types?

Faith is belief. There are all kinds of belief, but only one faith that saves, and that is faith in the righteousness of Jesus Christ.

Initial faith, for example.

I do not know what you mean by this term.

One is not saved by their own faith, they are saved by the grace of God which he extends to those that place their faith in him.

The grace of God regenerates (changes the heart of a sinner) in order that one can believe the truths of God and repent from sin. Without this miracle performed, no sinner can willfully believe in God or turn away from their sinfulness. The faith implanted in the new, regenerated heart actually justifies the soul; thus the term "saving faith."

Faith is then helped. If you want to call the full-fledged development of that initial faith as "saving faith" then perhaps I might agree.

The faith founded upon Christ's righteousness builds upon itself (Romans 1:17), through the guidance and instruction of the indwelling Holy Spirit. (John 16:13) It is a permanent and "saving faith". This is the process of sanctification.

Both God's works of Justification and Sanctification work to our ultimate salvation, and faithfulness is a fruit of the Holy Spirit (Galatians 5:22) who is the guarantee of the believer's inheritance of everlasting life. (Ephesians 1:13-14; II Corinthians 1:22, 5:5)