Do You Judge Your Own Thoughts?

DavidK

I said
ok explain that to me in detail. How do you know the Shepherds voice and what does it sound like?

I start with scripture. The "verses" as it were. This is the voice of the Lord expressed through men as agreed upon by the Church over the centuries. I immerse myself in scripture, asking the Holy Spirit to lead me in understanding.

Over time, I become familiar with His character, and I listen for the Holy Spirit resident inside me. If what I hear the Holy Spirit is saying is confirmed by scripture, and glorifies Jesus, then it is His voice. If I find that it contradicts scripture, I realize that what I heard was not His Spirit, but instead my flesh or perhaps the voice of the adversary.

Like any relationship, the more time spent talking to Him leads to more confidence in knowing Him, and what His voice is like.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I start with scripture. The "verses" as it were. This is the voice of the Lord expressed through men as agreed upon by the Church over the centuries. I immerse myself in scripture, asking the Holy Spirit to lead me in understanding.

Over time, I become familiar with His character, and I listen for the Holy Spirit resident inside me. If what I hear the Holy Spirit is saying is confirmed by scripture, and glorifies Jesus, then it is His voice. If I find that it contradicts scripture, I realize that what I heard was not His Spirit, but instead my flesh or perhaps the voice of the adversary.

Like any relationship, the more time spent talking to Him leads to more confidence in knowing Him, and what His voice is like.

I said
How does God speak to you? How does the Lord speak to you? How does the Holy Spirit speak to you?

DavidK

I said
How does God speak to you? How does the Lord speak to you? How does the Holy Spirit speak to you?

Through scripture first. Through the counsel of my brothers and sisters. Through the still small voice. All of it weighed against scripture.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Through scripture first. Through the counsel of my brothers and sisters. Through the still small voice. All of it weighed against scripture.

I said
Scripture is the key. Quoted scripture. Not interpreted scripture. The devil does most of his deception through interpretation. The Holy Spirit only quotes scripture. And we the interpretation comes from either our guardian angel or the devil.
That is where people get tricked through interpretation.
2Co 11:14

And no wonder! For Satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light.

2Co 11:15

Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also transform themselves into ministers of righteousness, whose end will be according to their works.

DavidK

I said
Scripture is the key. Quoted scripture. Not interpreted scripture. The devil does most of his deception through interpretation. The Holy Spirit only quotes scripture. And we the interpretation comes from either our guardian angel or the devil.
That is where people get tricked through interpretation.

It's impossible to have a conversation about scripture without interpretation. Interpretation simply means "explain the meaning of". You and I can quote scripture at each other all day, but if we think the same scripture means two different things, we'd never know without interpretation.

Yes, the adversary twists scripture by giving them the wrong meaning.

But our Lord interpreted scripture.

Luke 4:18-20 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.” Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.” 22 So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, “Is this not Joseph’s son?”

He read out the words of the prophet, and then told those in the synagogue that the scripture meant Him.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
It's impossible to have a conversation about scripture without interpretation. Interpretation simply means "explain the meaning of". You and I can quote scripture at each other all day, but if we think the same scripture means two different things, we'd never know without interpretation.

Yes, the adversary twists scripture by giving them the wrong meaning.

But our Lord interpreted scripture.

Luke 4:18-20 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, Because He has anointed Me To preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, To proclaim liberty to the captives And recovery of sight to the blind, To set at liberty those who are oppressed; To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.” Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him. 21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.” 22 So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, “Is this not Joseph’s son?”

He read out the words of the prophet, and then told those in the synagogue that the scripture meant Him.

I said
Oh your not going to like this. Everything Jesus spoke He spoke in parables. And the apostles only gave us the milk understanding. They both said to find the Holy Spirit and learn from Him. He is the only guarantee

Mat 13:34

All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,

1Co 3:2

I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;

DavidK

I said
Oh your not going to like this. Everything Jesus spoke He spoke in parables.

It's no surprise. You and I have done this dance before. I take pretty long breaks and then come back, so I don't expect that you remember.

And the apostles only gave us the milk understanding. They both said to find the Holy Spirit and learn from Him. He is the only guarantee

The Holy Spirit does teach and guide us, yes. But He never contradicts scripture, because He inspired that as well, and God doesn't contradict God.

All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,

You're interpreting, and incorrectly. Jesus spoke to them (the multitudes) in parables (at that time), and didn't speak to them without a parable. No where does it say that Jesus never said anything but a parable to anyone. In fact, he went in privately and interpreted the parables to the disciples. Read on to verse 36.

I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able;

You have a tendency to hang a lot on one verse.

Have you ever read the New Testament in the order it was actually written? The letters to the Corinthians were pretty early.

Tnkrbl123!

I said
Oh your not going to like this. Everything Jesus spoke He spoke in parables. And the apostles only gave us the milk understanding. They both said to find the Holy Spirit and learn from Him. He is the only guarantee

woah hold on. This thread is called "do you judge your own thoughs?" So I am sure you are trying to tell everyone that you judge your own thoughts and then saying that other people do not (as is the same thing you do with 90% of your threads)

so Squeaky have YOU judged YOUR own thought and words here?

please explain who told you that Jesus ONLY spoke in parables?

this is what DavidK has tried to explain to you also. You must understand the meaning of the verse. yes the verse says "All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables." but this was when he spoke to the "multitudes" but just because he spoke to the multitudes in parables does not mean He ONLY spoke in parables.

So I am trying to figure out who told you or where you heard it from that Jesus did not speak unless it was in a parable. Can you please enlighten us because from what I read in my Bible Jesus spoke many many many times that was not in parables. In fact Jesus spoke plain as day clear as glass.

Tnkrbl123!

It's no surprise. You and I have done this dance before. I take pretty long breaks and then come back, so I don't expect that you remember.

The Holy Spirit does teach and guide us, yes. But He never contradicts scripture, because He inspired that as well, and God doesn't contradict God.

You're interpreting, and incorrectly. Jesus spoke to them (the multitudes) in parables (at that time), and didn't speak to them without a parable. No where does it say that Jesus never said anything but a parable to anyone. In fact, he went in privately and interpreted the parables to the disciples. Read on to verse 36.

Have you ever read the New Testament in the order it was actually written? The letters to the Corinthians were pretty early.

You seem to very learned in understanding the scripture and much better than I am at putting your thoughts into words. Can you please try to explain to Squeaky that nowhere in the Bible does it say that "you MUST spend 3 years in the milk and 11 years in the meat". He seems to think that Paul taught the churches when he wrote his earliest letters especially from the milk understanding. and because Paul "stayed in one place for 3 years before travelling somewhere else" that that means that everyone must spend 3 years in the "milk." You and I and everyone know that that is a terrible interpretation of the scripture but he thinks his interpretation is the only right one.

you seem to be able to express correct interpretations very well can you please help me out?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned

I said
I have run across lots of people with tunnel vision. ( without a parable He did not speak )

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
woah hold on. This thread is called "do you judge your own thoughs?" So I am sure you are trying to tell everyone that you judge your own thoughts and then saying that other people do not (as is the same thing you do with 90% of your threads)

please explain who told you that Jesus ONLY spoke in parables?

this is what DavidK has tried to explain to you also. You must understand the meaning of the verse. yes the verse says "All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables." but this was when he spoke to the "multitudes" but just because he spoke to the multitudes in parables does not mean He ONLY spoke in parables.

So I am trying to figure out who told you or where you heard it from that Jesus did not speak unless it was in a parable. Can you please enlighten us because from what I read in my Bible Jesus spoke many many many times that was not in parables. In fact Jesus spoke plain as day clear as glass.

I said
The Holy Spirit told me.

Matt 13:34-35
34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
35 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world."
(NKJ)

Tnkrbl123!

I said
I have run across lots of people with tunnel vision. ( without a parable He did not speak )

please explain who told you that Jesus ONLY spoke in parables

Tnkrbl123!

I said
The Holy Spirit told me.

34 All these things Jesus spoke to the multitude in parables; and without a parable He did not speak to them,
35 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying: "I will open My mouth in parables; I will utter things kept secret from the foundation of the world."
(NKJ)

ok so you are saying that the Holy Spirit told you that Jesus never spoke unless he used a parable?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
You seem to very learned in understanding the scripture and much better than I am at putting your thoughts into words. Can you please try to explain to Squeaky that nowhere in the Bible does it say that "you MUST spend 3 years in the milk and 11 years in the meat". He seems to think that Paul taught the churches when he wrote his earliest letters especially from the milk understanding. and because Paul "stayed in one place for 3 years before travelling somewhere else" that that means that everyone must spend 3 years in the "milk." You and I and everyone know that that is a terrible interpretation of the scripture but he thinks his interpretation is the only right one.

you seem to be able to express correct interpretations very well can you please help me out?

I said
lol At least ask him to do it with scripture.

Tnkrbl123!

I said
lol At least ask him to do it with scripture.

Well you can't prove an idea with scripture if it is false. The Holy Scripture is TRUTH, not a word of it is false. It is divinely inspired from GOD Himself. God cannot tell a lie and so therefore you will find no lies in scripture

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Squeaky,

Tnk is obsessed being angry at you.

she is doing that to me too.

She is not interested in what you have to say.

she is angry and obsessed person.

Tnkrbl123!

Squeaky,

Tnk is obsessed being angry at you.

she is doing that to me too.

She is not interested in what you have to say.

she is angry and obsessed person.

I am not talking to you. You have no idea what it means to follow Jesus because you do not know who Jesus is. And in fact you are stalking me because you are the one who seems to be obsessed with me!

Tnkrbl123!

I said
The Holy Spirit told me.

(NKJ)

I am just wondering how it works if the Bible has no falsehood in it whatsoever and if you say something that the Bible says the opposite. And if what you say you claim the Holy Spirit told you but that it is opposite from what the Bible says then who should we believe is telling the truth? the "Spirit " talking to you or the Holy Bible that God gave to everyone in the world? it is a genuine inquiry that I am trying to figure out

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I am not talking to you. You have no idea what it means to follow Jesus because you do not know who Jesus is. And in fact you are stalking me because you are the one who seems to be obsessed with me!

You are the most contributor of the thread of bashing meshak thread.

you are sad and obsessed person.

Tnkrbl123!

You are the most contributor of the thread of bashing meshak thread.

you are sad and obsessed person.

Well I am only pointing out the truth :) peace atheist

ps. if you took the time to read you would notice it is not a bash meshak thread it is an "expose meshak hypocracy" thread. huge difference