Do You Judge Your Own Thoughts?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I said
I believe the Word the way it is written.

One of the rules of believing is "Don't think beyond what is written"

I said
Ok I guess I'll have to break it down for you.
This verse says the Holy Spirit brings to remembrance what Jesus has "said" Not going to say, not might have said. But what Jesus has already said to you. By quoting the verse.

14:26
“But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.

(looks for part that says "by quoting the verse")

pretty sure it's not in there:idunno:

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
by thinking beyond what is written

iow, breaking the rules

I said
lol with that kind of logic, its no wonder you cant talk bible. You don't understand bible talk so it doesn't do any good to talk to you about the bible. Or is that to much over your head?

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I find it humorous that your opening question was really a philosophical one. That is, in philosophy and ethics and even Psych (my major) we have a school of study that examines the validity and objectivity of our thought processes. In other words..."the nature of Knowledge."

Yet....the first few posts here all I see are pasted bible tracts. Which are not really thinking for yourselves, is it now? The problem with many biblical fundies I think is they engage in what we call Circular Reasoning. Which is, btw, one of our Five Fallacies of Logic. What CR is, is when you say something is true because, well, your bible says so! LOL.

Some folks need to learn to think for themselves and word their own arguments. Instead of always running to the bible. Also, the veracity of the bible needs to be questioned. As it was written a very long time ago, and has been edited and revised many times. And has many errors and contradictions. And all of its authors of course had their own agendas. The bible was never even meant to be one single cohesive book. That is why so much of it is out of order and makes little sense.

Examine your thoughts. Think for yourself. Engage you mind.

I said
ROFLOL Its obvious you didn't check and see which spirit was guiding you when you came up with that name. Fire Monkey????
After seeing your comments I would have to ask are you an atheist? I have seen many ignorant people accuse the bible of being wrong. I have found it to be perfect so it is obvious we are not going to be in agreement.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
17 But He, knowing their thoughts, said to them: "Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation, and a house divided against a house falls.
Rom 1:21-22
21 because, although they knew God, they did not glorify Him as God, nor were thankful, but became futile in their thoughts, and their foolish hearts were darkened.
22 Professing to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 2:14-15
14 for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves,
15 who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
1 Cor 3:20
20 and again, "The Lord knows the thoughts of the wise, that they are futile."
Phil 3:18-21
18 For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
19 whose end is destruction, whose god is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame-- who set their mind on earthly things.
20 For our citizenship is in heaven, from which we also eagerly wait for the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
21 who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.
(NKJ)
xxx Thoughts are in our minds but where do they come from. They come from spirits. From our birth we have had the enfluence of our guardian angel and the devil. One says do it the other says not to do it. We have always had to choose which thought to go with. But we havent always chose the right one. So God said He would give us a Helper the Holy Spirit(verses) that would discern our thoughts and give us a verse showing us who is who between them.

Rom 8:27
27 Now He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the spirit is, because He makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
(NKJ)

Mark 11:25-26
25 "And whenever you stand praying, if you have anything against anyone, forgive him, that your Father in heaven may also forgive you your trespasses.
26 "But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."
(NKJ)

Matt 6:14-15
14 "For if you forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you.
15 "But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
(NKJ)
Shalom.

No.

Shalom.

Jacob

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
These revelations from Jesus are for born again Christians. Not for you.
Shalom.

I am a born again Jew. I used to be a born again Christian. But I observe the Torah as a Jew. I live in obedience to God's Commandments per Yeshua's instruction in Matthew 5:17-20.

See

Matthew 5:17-20

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I am a born again Jew. I used to be a born again Christian. But I observe the Torah as a Jew. I live in obedience to God's Commandments per Yeshua's instruction in Matthew 5:17-20.

See

Matthew 5:17-20

Matthew 5:17-20 NASB - 17 "Do not think that I came to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I did not come to abolish but to fulfill. 18 "For truly I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not the smallest letter or stroke shall pass from the Law until all is accomplished. 19 "Whoever then annuls one of the least of these commandments, and teaches others to do the same, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever keeps and teaches them, he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. 20 "For I say to you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the scribes and Pharisees, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
That is the key. A born again Christian fulfills the law by walking in love. You failed and never did get to be born again. So you were kicked out of Christianity. So your trying to be a Jew. Which your failing at that also.
Jesus came to lead people out of Judaism, into Christianity. You failed at Christianity, so now your trying as a Jew. You never learned what love is.

Rom 13:10
10 Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.
(NKJ)

The problem is by going backwards you have become an antichrist.

John 10:7-8
7 Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
8 "All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
(NKJ)