Do You Judge Your Own Thoughts?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Is your mind and your brain different?

Shalom.

Yes. In some ways, yes. But also no. You can think with both your mind and your brain. You think with your brain, and you can think with your mind.

Is your mind and your brain different? Are your mind and your brain different? These are different questions.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

Yes. In some ways, yes. But also no. You can think with both your mind and your brain. You think with your brain, and you can think with your mind.

Is your mind and your brain different? Are your mind and your brain different? These are different questions.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
???

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
lol

Shalom.

I am thinking. This is proof that I think. Do you think with your mind or do you think with your brain or do you think with both? Some people say they think with their heart.

Shalom.

Jacob

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Shalom.

I am thinking. This is proof that I think. Do you think with your mind or do you think with your brain or do you think with both? Some people say they think with their heart.

Shalom.

Jacob

I said
Neither I listen.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I said
Neither I listen.
Shalom.

What do you listen to? How do you listen? Do you listen with your ears? Do you listen with your heart? Do you listen with your mind? Does your brain help you to listen?

Shalom.

Jacob

Truster

More importantly a man should be in control of his thoughts.

..."and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Messiah;" This is liberty in action the apprehension of thoughts. It's wonderful.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
More importantly a man should be in control of his thoughts.

..."and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Messiah;" This is liberty in action the apprehension of thoughts. It's wonderful.

I said
If we could be we could cease from sin.

Truster

I said
If we could be we could cease from sin.

Not quite..., but it does aid sanctification. I don't like a blue bottle in my home. When one flies in like a drone I must rid myself of it. I treat sin in the same way. Sinful thought can enter, but it's not welcome and I must rid myself of it.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Not quite..., but it does aid sanctification. I don't like a blue bottle in my home. When one flies in like a drone I must rid myself of it. I treat sin in the same way. Sinful thought can enter, but it's not welcome and I must rid myself of it.

I said
Don't get me wrong I do believe we should strive to do that. But according to this we cant. But should try.

1Jo 1:8

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

1Jo 1:9

If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 1:10

If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
Look everyone I will probably miss a lot of posts for a few days. I'm trying to get my garden in while it isn't raining.

DavidK

I said
lolol The verses all come from the Holy Spirit or Jesus. I share them when I get them. Like for you I don't get any verses.

Oh that's a shame.

I'd be fascinated to see how you could back up, "You cant know God until you know the devil." with scripture.

DavidK

I said
That comes from experience.

I see.

It feels backwards from my experience. The devil masquerades as an angel of light (2 Cor 11), and the way we know the fake is by intimately getting to know the real. It's through hearing the Shepherd's voice that we recognize false shepherds, not the other way around.

The idea we need darkness to comprehend Light diminishes the Light to be dependent on darkness.

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
I see.

It feels backwards from my experience. The devil masquerades as an angel of light (2 Cor 11), and the way we know the fake is by intimately getting to know the real. It's through hearing the Shepherd's voice that we recognize false shepherds, not the other way around.

The idea we need darkness to comprehend Light diminishes the Light to be dependent on darkness.

I said
ok explain that to me in detail. How do you know the Shepherds voice and what does it sound like?