ECT Do those who believe MAD have no problem disregarding what Jesus actually taught ?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
I've NEVER read anything by Darby, Scofield, etc. I wasn't taught the truth by any of those Giants of the past. I study a myriad of things, both secular and of a religious nature. I'm inquisitive by nature. I stay away from commentaries and religious historical figures. I have no interest in Luther, etc. Although, I do admire the GREAT Martyr "John Huss" and the writer of Amazing Grace "John Newton." Movies should be made about these two interesting men.

Right Divider

Body part
If you claim to follow Paul, then you should do what Paul said:

(Titus 1:9)He must be devoted to the trustworthy message we teach. Then he can use these accurate teachings to encourage people and correct those who oppose the word.

Ask me anything about the word, and I will defend it.
Read it more closely, you Bible twister.

Titus 1:1-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; (1:2) In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; (1:3) But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; (1:4) To Titus, [mine] own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. (1:5) For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee: (1:6) If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. (1:7) For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; (1:8) But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; (1:9) Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Again Paul singles himself out as having received the doctrine that he preaches. The "faithful word as he hath been taught" is what PAUL taught them.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Paul first took his "Message" (God's Message) to the Jews. Thereafter, he specifically became The Apostle to the Gentiles. Today, in this Dispensation of Grace, both Jew and Gentile alike are under the Grace Gospel as preached by the Apostle Paul 2000 years ago.

musterion

Read it more closely, you Bible twister.

Titus 1:1-9 (AKJV/PCE)
(1:1) Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness; (1:2) In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began; (1:3) But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour; (1:4) To Titus, [mine] own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. (1:5) For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee: (1:6) If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly. (1:7) For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; (1:8) But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate; (1:9) Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

Again Paul singles himself out as having received the doctrine that he preaches. The "faithful word as he hath been taught" is what PAUL taught them.

Paul was just using figures of speech. He never LITERALLY meant what he wrote.

Right, pretties?

dodge

You just continue to pile up your stack of lies. Not very good for you.

Have to followed Jesus' instruction to sell all that you have? Please come clean and answer that question.

P.S. His followers in Acts 2:44-45 did it, have you?

YOU justify ignoring everything Jesus taught to follow Paul and place more importance on Paul than Jesus. Your loss NOT mine.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Nope. I believe what Paul preached. Why don't you?

What I have hatred for is the false teachings of Darby that you adhere to.

Darby's teachings are contrary to what Paul preached.

I've NEVER read anything written by this Darby fellow. Tell me what he believed and how it contradicts what Paul preached?