ECT Dispensation of Grace

turbosixx

And the next question to ask is whether the baptism into the Lord Jesus even involved water at all (I believe it did not).

If not, please explain why Paul asked this question of believers? If we receive the Holy Spirit upon belief.
Acts 19:2 He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?"

When he finds out they didn't even know of the Holy Spirit, he asks them "into what were you baptized?" Again, if the Holy Spirit is given at belief, why would he question baptism?

He sets them straight then he baptizes them again, in the name of Jesus.

5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

turbosixx

Paul had Timothy circumcised. Paul shaved his head and took a vow.
He became as a Jew, for the sake of the Jew, at that time.

Didn't he?

Sure did, to prevent problems, not to follow the truth of the gospel.

These people had already been baptized, why would he need to do it again based on your argument?

turbosixx

Another classic wrong reading of that passage, many do that.

Paul was talking about John the baptizer and what THEY (the people that hear JtB) did when THEY heard him in the Jordan river.

In reference to Acts 19, you really haven't looked into it have you. These people weren't taught by John but Apollos. They heard the gospel with ONE exception, baptism into Christ.

Acts 18:24 Now a Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was mighty in the Scriptures. 25 This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John; 26 and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue.

And that is the ONLY THING Paul questions, their baptism.

3And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?"

turbosixx

Galatians 1:13 For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it:

Yep, I feel persecuted. I'm not saying you but MADist have called me all kinds of things because I don't see as they do.

Right Divider

Body part
In reference to Acts 19, you really haven't looked into it have you. These people weren't taught by John but Apollos. They heard the gospel with ONE exception, baptism into Christ.

Acts 18:24 Now a Jew named Apollos, an Alexandrian by birth, an eloquent man, came to Ephesus; and he was mighty in the Scriptures. 25 This man had been instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in spirit, he was speaking and teaching accurately the things concerning Jesus, being acquainted only with the baptism of John; 26 and he began to speak out boldly in the synagogue.

And that is the ONLY THING Paul questions, their baptism.

3And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?"
You are so completely confused and unwilling to be otherwise.

DAN P

And the next question to ask is whether the baptism into the Lord Jesus even involved water at all (I believe it did not).

Hi and in 1 Cor 1:17 , HOW will you explain this verse ??

What most Acts 2 Pentecostals FAIL to see is that BAPTIZO is a transliterated word and has many meaning !!:bang::bang:

And example is Acts 19:4 it says that john indeed BAPTIZO /BAPTISM with a BAPTISMA which means the one doing the water Baptism which speaks of John !!

This means you have to check the Greek text to see what is meant !!

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
Yep, I feel persecuted. I'm not saying you but MADist have called me all kinds of things because I don't see as they do.
No, you are not in the church of God is the point. That church was this one!

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The one that was "added" to in early Acts!

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

That's not the church, the Body of Christ!

turbosixx

No, you are not in the church of God is the point.

So you've rightly divided me out. :)

I believe Jesus died, was buried and resurrected the third day for the forgiveness of my sins. I recognize him as my Lord and Savior. What am I lacking?

heir

TOL Subscriber

Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

Acts 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

He didn't know Paul's gospel until this happened!

Acts 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

turbosixx

No, you are not in the church of God is the point. That church was this one!

Matthew 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

The one that was "added" to in early Acts!

Acts 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call. 40 And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. 41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

That's not the church, the Body of Christ!

What is this if it's not the body of Christ? So you are dividing churches too?

turbosixx

Acts 18:24 And a certain Jew named Apollos, born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came to Ephesus.

Acts 18:25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

He didn't know Paul's gospel until this happened!

Acts 18:26 And he began to speak boldly in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.

What does the scripture say was the only thing he had wrong? Baptism.

Paul then correctly baptizes these people in the next chapter.

Right Divider

Body part
So does God have two groups of people today? Jews waiting on the kingdom and Christians?
Today, we all live under the dispensation of the grace of God (which God gave to Paul for us). In this dispensation there is no difference.

Before this dispensation and after there was and will be a difference.

It's all in the Bible.

heir

TOL Subscriber
So you've rightly divided me out. :)
I know you are not in that church and am telling you so. Those people sold their possessions and had all things common. Why haven't you?

I believe Jesus died, was buried and resurrected the third day for the forgiveness of my sins. I recognize him as my Lord and Savior. What am I lacking?
What did you have to do to be saved? You believe Acts 2:38 KJV is the gospel that saves, so did you have to be water baptized for salvation then?

Right Divider

Body part
What does the scripture say was the only thing he had wrong? Baptism.

Paul then correctly baptizes these people in the next chapter.
There was NO rebaptism. That's just shear ignorance on your part.

There is ONE baptism for the Body of Christ and there is NO water involved.

Right Divider

Body part
I know you are not in that church and am telling you so. Those people sold their possessions and had all things common. Why haven't you?

What did you have to do to be saved? You believe Acts 2:38 KJV is the gospel that saves, so did you have to be water baptized for salvation then?
Probably TWICE!