ECT Dispensation of Grace

turbosixx

I know you are not in that church and am telling you so. Those people sold their possessions and had all things common. Why haven't you?

I help those in need.

What did you have to do to be saved? You believe Acts 2:38 KJV is the gospel that saves, so did you have to be water baptized for salvation then?

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I do as he says and obeyed the gospel.

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.

It's really very simple.

Same thing Paul did to these Gentiles. Baptized the believers.
Acts 16:32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. 33 And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

turbosixx

There was NO rebaptism. That's just shear ignorance on your part.

There is ONE baptism for the Body of Christ and there is NO water involved.

So Paul didn't water baptize these Gentiles?
Acts 16:32 And they spoke the word of the Lord to him together with all who were in his house. 33 And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

DAN P

Yep, I feel persecuted. I'm not saying you but MADist have called me all kinds of things because I don't see as they do.

Hi and Saul had them thrown into jail and killed which is not happening to you , so just keep saying what you believe !!

Do you believe what I write ?

I know you do not , so WHAT !!

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber
I help those in need.
Do you now?

Jesus is my Lord and Savior. I do as he says and obeyed the gospel.
Oh? Let's test that: Why didn't you obey what that church had to?

Luke 12:32 Fear not, little flock; for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom.

Luke 12:33 Sell that ye have, and give alms; provide yourselves bags which wax not old, a treasure in the heavens that faileth not, where no thief approacheth, neither moth corrupteth.

Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation. 16 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.
There you have it, folks. Sixx believes water baptism is necessary for salvation even though Paul writing TO US beseeches us to keep the unity of the Spirit which includes, but one (Ephesians 4:1-6 KJV) and that baptism is not in water or by man, but identification into Christ's death (Romans 6:3-4 KJV) and that by one Spirit into one Body (1 Corinthians 12:13 KJV)!

You're not trusting the Lord for salvation, but YOUR work! You want God to owe you something (Romans 4:4-5 KJV)! Well, He doesn't!

turbosixx

BECAUSE THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS STILL ACTIVE THEN !!!

I agree the Holy Spirit was still active then, but what does Paul question when they hadn't received the Holy Spirit? What they were taught? Did they believe? No, he questions their baptism.

P.S. I didn't get supersized but I did get my very own special category.

turbosixx

You're not trusting the Lord for salvation, but YOUR work! You want God to owe you something (Romans 4:4-5 KJV)! Well, He doesn't!

I'm trusting the Lord, he said and I quote:
6 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved;

You are a follower of Paul and not Christ.

heir

TOL Subscriber
I'm trusting the Lord, he said and I quote:
6 He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved;
Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

I know. You wrongly take someone else's requirements for salvation and apply them to yourself. When will you build an ark?

You are a follower of Paul and not Christ.
Correction:
1 Corinthians 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

And why wouldn't I? And an even better question, Why don't you?

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though ye have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.

1 Corinthians 4:16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

turbosixx

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

I know. You wrongly take someone else's requirements for salvation and apply them to yourself. When will you build an ark?

Tell me Paul didn't baptize believers.
Here are Gentiles, no need to be a Jew to win a Jew. This is on his second journey.

Acts 16:14 A woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple fabrics, a worshiper of God, was listening; and the Lord opened her heart to respond to the things spoken by Paul. 15 And when she and her household had been baptized,

Isn't this in keeping with what Jesus said to do?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
2 Beware of the dogs, beware of the evil workers, beware of the false circumcision; 3 for we are the true circumcision, who worship in the Spirit of God and glory in Christ Jesus and put no confidence in the flesh,

What is the meaning of baptism?

turbosixx

First, I thought of something else for your last question.

Was Lydia of the circumcision or the jailer?
14 A woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple fabrics, a worshiper of God, was listening; and the Lord opened her heart to respond to the things spoken by Paul. 15 And when she and her household had been baptized,

As for the meaning.
Rom. 6:3 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
First, I thought of something else for your last question.

Was Lydia of the circumcision or the jailer?
14 A woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple fabrics, a worshiper of God, was listening; and the Lord opened her heart to respond to the things spoken by Paul. 15 And when she and her household had been baptized,

As for the meaning.
Rom. 6:3 Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection,

I other-words, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4. And if we know this, why would we need to be baptized since it is only an outward symbol of an inward transformation?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Paul defines it as burial with Christ.

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. (Romans 6:4 NKJV)​

turbosixx

since it is only an outward symbol of an inward transformation?

That is not what the bible says but what man says.

What does Paul say, it's how we die with Christ.
4Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death,

5For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection

Baptism in the name of Jesus, is what places us into Christ where we have access to his blood.
Gal. 3:27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Baptism is how Jesus told the apostles to make disciples.
Matt. 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
That is not what the bible says but what man says.

What does Paul say, it's how we die with Christ.
4Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death,

5For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection

Baptism in the name of Jesus, is what places us into Christ where we have access to his blood.
Gal. 3:27 For all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.

Baptism is how Jesus told the apostles to make disciples.
Matt. 28:19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit,
Baptism of the Spirit is what places us in Christ. Water has nothing to do with it. Think about it before you answer.

Ephesians 4:4-6 New King James Version (NKJV)

4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

turbosixx

Baptism of the Spirit is what places us in Christ. Water has nothing to do with it. Think about it before you answer.

Ephesians 4:4-6 New King James Version (NKJV)

4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called in one hope of your calling;
5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism;
6 one God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

If that's the case then why would Paul ask this question?
Acts 19:2 He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?"

When he finds out they didn't even know about the Holy Spirit, what does he question? Were they taught the gospel? Did they really believe? No, he questions their baptism. Why would he question their baptism?

3And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?" And they said, "Into John's baptism."