ECT Dispensation of Grace

HisServant

So what ? What is your point with this ? I see your problems now, more and more. You can't concentrate for any length of time and you lose sight of the main points.

He is pointing out that your main points are based on twisting of words that have no historical basis in meanings...

If your foundation is all messed up, no matter what you build on it is worth responding to....

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
He is pointing out that your main points are based on twisting of words that have no historical basis in meanings...

If your foundation is all messed up, no matter what you build on it is worth responding to....

Nope he wasn't replying to my post, you sound as lost as he is. :carryon:

It's written as plain as day - rightly dividing the word of truth.

2 Timothy 2:15 KJV -

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The fools here stumble over simple words and meanings, it never ceases to amaze me. :chuckle: - and amuse me, even though, it is really sad actually.

Right Divider

Body part
Rightly divide the truth means to accurately handle the truth. As in skill to cut a straight line. Here are the Greek words used in 2 Tim. 2:15.

orthotomeó: to cut straight
Original Word: ὀρθοτομέω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: orthotomeó
Phonetic Spelling: (or-thot-om-eh'-o)
Short Definition: I cut straight, handle correctly
Definition: I cut straight; met: I handle correctly, teach rightly.

This is the Greek word that means to divide into different parts or separate.

merizó: to divide
Original Word: μερίζω
Part of Speech: Verb
Transliteration: merizó
Phonetic Spelling: (mer-id'-zo)
Short Definition: I divide, part, share
Definition: I divide into parts, divide, part, share, distribute; mid: I share, take part in a partitioning; I distract.
CUT does not mean separate? :think:

You are an extremely confused person. I will have to make a new extra confused category for you.

HisServant

You are an extremely confused person. I will have to make a new extra confused category for you.

Cut straight... as in removing the fat from a piece of meat.

Where as you seem to have gotten caught up into all the fat and have had to divide it up to make sense of it...

turbosixx

Another fine example of you only seeing what you want to see. All you see it cut not cut straight. It's referring to accuracy not separating.

Short Definition: I cut straight, handle correctly.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Acts 22:16 Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.'

Funny how in this thread you argue against faith alone, then claim Peter preached faith alone elsewhere.

turbosixx

Hi and can you explain HOW Paul was saved in Acts 9:6 ??

Easy answer IF you know your bible !!

dan p

He was baptized to wash away his sins.
Acts 22:16 Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.'

Right Divider

Body part
Another fine example of you only seeing what you want to see. All you see it cut not cut straight. It's referring to accuracy not separating.

Short Definition: I cut straight, handle correctly.
No, the KJV translators did just fine with "RIGHTLY DIVIDING".

You're just sad because you're always wrong. Boo hoo.

Right Divider

Body part
He was baptized to wash away his sins.
Or, at least that what the Jewish kingdom believer named Ananias thought. What else could he think? The dispensation of the grace of God was unknown at that time.

turbosixx

Or, at least that what the Jewish kingdom believer named Ananias thought. What else could he think? The dispensation of the grace of God was unknown at that time.

Is not Acts an inspired book?

Paul baptized believers on his 3rd journey. Even after they had already been baptized.

Acts 19:1 It happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus, and found some disciples. 2He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit." 3And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?" And they said, "Into John's baptism." 4Paul said, "John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus." 5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.