ECT Dispensation of Grace

HisServant

No, the KJV translators did just fine with "RIGHTLY DIVIDING".

You're just sad because you're always wrong. Boo hoo.

Back then, people understood it for what it was... sometime in the 1700's the meaning got lost.

As far as the KJV translators... they did a sub par job... mostly since King James mandated that they do a poor job.

turbosixx

How does the calling on his name fit into water baptism?

Being baptized in the name of Christ is calling on his name. That's why Paul baptized these people, on his 3rd journey, again because the first one wasn't "in the name of Jesus".

Acts 19:1 It happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus, and found some disciples. 2 He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit." 3 And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?" And they said, "Into John's baptism." 4 Paul said, "John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus." 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

SaulToPaul 2

Being baptized in the name of Christ is calling on his name. That's why Paul baptized these people, on his 3rd journey, again because the first one wasn't "in the name of Jesus".

Acts 19:1 It happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus, and found some disciples. 2 He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit." 3 And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?" And they said, "Into John's baptism." 4 Paul said, "John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus." 5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Are you a church of Christ member?

turbosixx

yes, the Body of Christ.

Are you affiliated with the church of Christ, the organization?

Is this a diversion tactic? The only organization I'm a part of is:
28Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

If water has nothing to do with grace and calling on Jesus' name, then why did Paul baptize believers after having already been baptized?

Right Divider

Body part
Is not Acts an inspired book?

Paul baptized believers on his 3rd journey. Even after they had already been baptized.

Acts 19:1 It happened that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul passed through the upper country and came to Ephesus, and found some disciples. 2He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?" And they said to him, "No, we have not even heard whether there is a Holy Spirit." 3And he said, "Into what then were you baptized?" And they said, "Into John's baptism." 4Paul said, "John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in Him who was coming after him, that is, in Jesus." 5When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.
Another classic wrong reading of that passage, many do that.

Paul was talking about John the baptizer and what THEY (the people that hear JtB) did when THEY heard him in the Jordan river.

This was not a rebaptism!

Yes, Acts is an inspired book. What does that have to do with the FACT that Ananias would have known NOTHING else at THAT TIME than what he had learned UP TO THAT TIME?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Is this a diversion tactic? The only organization I'm a part of is:
28Be on guard for yourselves and for all the flock, among which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to shepherd the church of God which He purchased with His own blood.

:nono: I don't think so.

DAN P

Acts 22:16 Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.'

Hi and then Acts 9:17-18 will be a SLAM DUNK for you to explain BUT watch the Greek ARTICLE " THE " IN VERSE 17 and verse 18 explains what KIND of BAPTIZO / BAPTISM is meant , but you new that , RIGHT ??

DAN P

turbosixx

I've never been dunked in water by a pastor, or sprinkled.

But, I believe 1 Cor 15:1-4 (KJV), and trust the LORD.

Do I have any hope?

You tell me.

If we receive the HS at belief, why would Paul ask this question?
Acts 19:2 He said to them, "Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?"

If there is no water in grace, why did Paul baptize these people in the name of Jesus after they had already been dunked?
Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

HisServant

You tell me.

If there is no water in grace, why did Paul baptize these people in the name of Jesus after they had already been dunked?
Acts 19:5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

And the next question to ask is whether the baptism into the Lord Jesus even involved water at all (I believe it did not).

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You tell me.

BECAUSE THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS STILL ACTIVE THEN !!!

turbosixx

Hi and then Acts 9:17-18 will be a SLAM DUNK for you to explain BUT watch the Greek ARTICLE " THE " IN VERSE 17 and verse 18 explains what KIND of BAPTIZO / BAPTISM is meant , but you new that , RIGHT ??

DAN P

Does baptizo appear in 9:17-18?