Did Paul teach obedience?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is troubling to hear that someone does not know what the Word of God says.

How is it you do not know?
You prove you cannot defend your doctrines. You do not have truth so your resort to lies and insults.

This is fun.

Ben Masada

You are a Seventh day adventist are you not?

No Paul did not teach obedience to the law, he vehemently opposed obedience to the law for the Gentiles.
He rebuked Peter and called a council of the WHOLE church, all the apostles and all the prophets were there and we have a record of what they and the Holy Spirit decided.

We are to abstain from fornication and blood and that only out of respect for the Jews

If we do that we shall do well.

You are right Linnet. Paul could never have taught obedience because he would have been contradicting himself. Obedience implies the Law; otherwise, to teach obedience to what if not to the Law? And Paul could not have taught obedience because he used to teach that Christians had been delivered from the Law as we read in Romans 7:6. And that Jesus himself had abolished the Law on the cross. (Ephesians 2:15) He also used to teach that Jesus had been the end of the Law. (Romans 10:4) So, why would he preach repentance if the Law no longer existed?

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
You are right Linnet. Paul could never have taught obedience because he would have been contradicting himself. Obedience implies the Law; otherwise, to teach obedience to what if not to the Law? And Paul could not have taught obedience because he used to teach that Christians had been delivered from the Law as we read in Romans 7:6. And that Jesus himself had abolished the Law on the cross. (Ephesians 2:15) He also used to teach that Jesus had been the end of the Law. (Romans 10:4) So, why would he preach repentance if the Law no longer existed?

Then why did he circumcise Timothy?

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
It is troubling to hear that someone does not know what the Word of God says.

How is it you do not know?

Don't be stupid.

I wasn't asking what the Bible says, I was asking Jacob to uncover his thinly failed legalism.

Of course, you knew that when you made this idiotic accusation. How is it that you don't know what the word of God says about lying? Troubling!

Jamie Gigliotti

It's a matter of law vs. Spirit. We can not obey the law in our own ability, but by His grace we can obey Him, His Spirit and fulfill the law.
"For God has done, what the law, weakened by the flesh, could not do. By sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, in order that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit." Romans 8:3-5

"

God's Truth

Don't be stupid.

I wasn't asking what the Bible says, I was asking Jacob to uncover his thinly failed legalism.

Of course, you knew that when you made this idiotic accusation. How is it that you don't know what the word of God says about lying? Troubling!

Who is being stupid? You don't know that many go against me and others here for saying we have to obey ANYTHING.

God's Truth

If Jacob is teaching that ANYONE, Jews or Gentiles, has to be circumcised, or should be---then he is a bitter root teaching falseness.

If he is teaching that Jews or Gentiles have to observe special days, then he is preaching falseness. He is trying to defile many.

If YOU teach we do not have to obey ANYTHING, then you are preaching falseness.

Last edited:

God's Truth

Ignorant lie from false teachers. A mantra from false teachers that people take and run with and have never investigated the truth.

God's Truth

What Jamie Gigliotti teaches is a form of Calvinism, most likely from Luther, which comes from the false teaching of Augustine and others.

God's Truth

Scriptures prove EASILY that what Jamie Gigliotti teaches is FALSE.

There are MANY PEOPLE who obeyed God's commands BEFORE the Holy Spirit was given as a gift.

There are also prophets that DISOBEYED EVEN AFTER HAVING THE HOLY SPIRIT.

God's Truth

Show one scripture that says no one can obey anything God says unless they have the Holy Spirit, and I will show you scriptures where people did obey and did NOT yet have the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Genesis 32:28 Then the man said, "Your name will no longer be Jacob, but Israel, because you have struggled with God and with humans and have overcome."

Luke 1:6 Both of them were righteous in the sight of God, observing all the Lord's commands and decrees blamelessly.

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.

Genesis 7:1 The LORD then said to Noah, "Go into the ark, you and your whole family, because I have found you righteous in this generation.

Luke 2:25 Now there was a man in Jerusalem called Simeon, who was righteous and devout. He was waiting for the consolation of Israel, and the Holy Spirit was on him.

John 1:47 When Jesus saw Nathanael approaching, he said of him, "Here truly is an Israelite in whom there is no deceit."

Job 1:1, 8 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God...

1 Kings 9:4 And if you will walk before me, as David your father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness...

1 Kings 15:5 For David had done what was right in the eyes of the LORD and had not failed to keep any of the LORD's commands all the days of his life--except in the case of Uriah the Hittite.

Genesis 17:1 When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the LORD appeared to him and said, "I am God Almighty; walk before me faithfully and be blameless.

Genesis 26:4-5 I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky and will give them all these lands, and through your offspring all nations on earth will be blessed, because Abraham obeyed me and kept my requirements, my commands, my decrees and my laws."

Luke 1:30 But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God.

Acts 22:12 "A man named Ananias came to see me. He was a devout observer of the law and highly respected by all the Jews living there.

Hebrews 11:5 By faith Enoch was taken from this life, so that he did not experience death: "He could not be found, because God had taken him away." For before he was taken, he was commended as one who pleased God.

Genesis 5:24 Enoch walked faithfully with God; then he was no more, because God took him away.

Luke 2:37 and then was a widow until she was eighty-four. She never left the temple but worshiped night and day, fasting and praying.

Acts 10:22 The men replied, "We have come from Cornelius the centurion. He is a righteous and God-fearing man, who is respected by all the Jewish people.

God's Truth

Jamie Gigliotti says, as many others in error say---that no one can do anything God says until they are already saved!

I just proved with scripture that it is a LIE.

I also prove with scripture that David, EVEN AFTER HAVING THE HOLY SPIRIT COMMITTED ADULTERY AND MURDER.

Saul also is one who had the Holy Spirit and DID NOT OBEY GOD!!! AND THE HOLY SPIRIT WAS TAKEN FROM HIM!!!

God's Truth

Stop preaching the lie of false teachers. Investigate for yourselves.

People are given the Holy Spirit if they obey that is according to the New Covenant. Those receiving the Holy Spirit could still sin after having the Holy Spirit.

Jamie Gigliotti

Why do you keep repeating that lie?

Seems you have a problem with this.

"For I know nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability." Romans 7:18

The Spirit gives the ability.

"For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body you will live." Romans 8:13

Obedience apart from Him is pride.
"For being ignorant of the righteosness of God, and seeking to establish their own, they did not submit to God's righteousness." Romans 10:3