Did Paul teach obedience?

God's Truth

Why, because Jesus was crucified by the Romans? Josephus said that thousands of Jews were crucified only in the First Century. IMHO, the reason is because Jesus had Paul to fabricate a whole chain of Hellenist doctrines about Jesus and the others didn't. I am sorry to admit but, I have no doubt that this is true from the beginning of the Hellenist demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Mat. 1:18) And until the end with the resurrection of the dead which was also fabricated by Paul if you read II Tim. 2:8. Don't forget that Paul was a Hellenist from birth.

Don't slander my Bible anymore. For now on speak to me only of your book and I will not put it down, as you do mine.

I do not need to put anyone down to make my point.

keypurr

So basically every one understands that I am pointing out Jacob's ridiculous position, except Jacob.

It is not Jacob who is stupid. He teaches the truth, you just do not wish to listen.

1Jo 2:3 By this we know that we have come to know Him, if we keep His commandments.
1Jo 2:4 The one who says, "I have come to know Him," and does not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him;
1Jo 2:5 but whoever keeps His word, in him the love of God has truly been perfected. By this we know that we are in Him:
1Jo 2:6 the one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
1Jo 2:7 Beloved, I am not writing a new commandment to you, but an old commandment which you have had from the beginning; the old commandment is the word which you have heard.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It is not Jacob who is stupid.
He's been pretty stupid here.

He teaches the truth, you just do not wish to listen.
He doesn't teach squat.
He just parrots the same topic over and over.
Doesn't elaborate.
Cherry picks.
And is terrible at answering questions put forth to him.

He wants to try for a righteousness that comes by obeying the law.
Let him try.
Maybe he thinks he will be the second person in human history to accomplish that righteousness.

He knows what the choices are, and he has made his.

Of course, none of that makes him unwelcome here.

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
If Jacob is teaching that ANYONE, Jews or Gentiles, has to be circumcised, or should be---then he is a bitter root teaching falseness.

If he is teaching that Jews or Gentiles have to observe special days, then he is preaching falseness. He is trying to defile many.

If YOU teach we do not have to obey ANYTHING, then you are preaching falseness.

No one would be STUPID enough to even suggest that we are not to obey God you idiot!

Who's being stupid? You are!

Anyone that requires someone else to even bother typing the first sentence of this post is an abject fool and needs to stop whatever it is he's doing and start again from scratch, calling into question anything and everything that he ever thought might be true because if you can be tricked, by your own mind, into thinking that someone who calls themselves a Christian would believe that we are not to obey God, it means that your mind is cracked and is not working properly and it's judgment cannot be trusted with even the simplest of decisions, never mind something as important as theology.

Last edited:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
Romans 1:5 NASB - 5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake,

Romans 15:18 NASB - 18 For I will not presume to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me, resulting in the obedience of the Gentiles by word and deed,

Romans 16:26 NASB - 26 but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith;

2 Corinthians 7:15 NASB - 15 His affection abounds all the more toward you, as he remembers the obedience of you all, how you received him with fear and trembling.

2 Corinthians 10:5 NASB - 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

You're a confirmed waste of time. That was your last chance.

Good bye.

God's Truth

No one would be STUPID enough to even suggest that we are not to obey God you idiot!

Who's being stupid? You are!

Anyone that requires someone else to even bother typing the first sentence of this post is an abject fool and needs to stop whatever it is he's doing and start again from scratch, calling into question anything and everything that he ever thought might be true because if you can be tricked, by your own mind, into thinking that someone who calls themselves a Christian would believe that we are not to obey God, it means that your mind is cracked and is not working properly and its judgment cannot be trusted with even the simplest is decisions, never mind something as important as theology.

You are exactly what you falsely judged me as being.

Many here go against me for saying we have to obey to be saved, and obey to stay saved.

Watch your tongue, as the Word of God says.

You speak just like your accusations.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Romans 1:5 NASB - 5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith among all the Gentiles for His name's sake,

Romans 15:18 NASB - 18 For I will not presume to speak of anything except what Christ has accomplished through me, resulting in the obedience of the Gentiles by word and deed,

Romans 16:26 NASB - 26 but now is manifested, and by the Scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the eternal God, has been made known to all the nations, leading to obedience of faith;

2 Corinthians 7:15 NASB - 15 His affection abounds all the more toward you, as he remembers the obedience of you all, how you received him with fear and trembling.

2 Corinthians 10:5 NASB - 5 We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ,

Faith is opposed to laws and commands....obedience to commands is "okay God I will do such and such and You [dear Lord] are obliged in return to do thus and so"

Faith is simply believing God that He will do as He promised

He promised to save me...I did not promise to be a saint.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Cain was the first "obeyer"

He was a Tiller of the soil....God said cursed be the ground for thy sake, by the sweat of thy brow shalt thou eat bread.

Cain was working the curse...Abel by faith offered the better sacrifice

God's Truth

Faith is opposed to laws and commands....obedience to commands is "okay God I will do such and such and You [dear Lord] are obliged in return to do thus and so"

Faith is believing Jesus when he says do this and do that!

JonahofAkron

That is most backward belief system I've ever seen. I don't understand how you can justify that biblically. I'd love to see it. Remember that the verses supplied must line up with others. Obedience proves love and proves the relationship. God saves us for relationship with Him and obedience to Him.

Entering into the relationship and sitting down never to get up and share or follow the Spirit's leading seems like a ridiculous way to show love. If it's your spouse, is that how you love them? It makes no sense.

Sent from my SM-N910T using TheologyOnline mobile app

JonahofAkron

He was a Tiller of the soil....God said cursed be the ground for thy sake, by the sweat of thy brow shalt thou eat bread.

The point you miss is that Abel still offered a sacrifice. He did not do nothing and just believe. That would be a ridiculous thought to someone in a relationship.

keypurr

He's been pretty stupid here.

He doesn't teach squat.
He just parrots the same topic over and over.
Doesn't elaborate.
Cherry picks.
And is terrible at answering questions put forth to him.

He wants to try for a righteousness that comes by obeying the law.
Let him try.
Maybe he thinks he will be the second person in human history to accomplish that righteousness.

He knows what the choices are, and he has made his.

Of course, none of that makes him unwelcome here.
No he does not teach that the law will save you, your reading him wrong. He teaches because we love God we should do his will. It is only out of love can the law be kept. God's grace is a free gift given to whom God chooses. To love him is to obey his wishes, that is what Jacob is trying to show you.

Sent from my A622GL using TheologyOnline mobile app

God's Truth

That is most backward belief system I've ever seen. I don't understand how you can justify that biblically. I'd love to see it. Remember that the verses supplied must line up with others. Obedience proves love and proves the relationship. God saves us for relationship with Him and obedience to Him.

Entering into the relationship and sitting down never to get up and share or follow the Spirit's leading seems like a ridiculous way to show love. If it's your spouse, is that how you love them? It makes no sense.

It is unbelievable what she says. Many here go against me with her same beliefs.

God's Truth

You say Cain was the obeyer!

You do NOT say what God says.

This is what God said to Cain.

Genesis 4:7 If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it."

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

Shalom! Both faith and obedience are desired. Do you know about the obedience of faith or the obedience that is by faith? Shalom. Jacob.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Shalom! Both faith and obedience are desired. Do you know about the obedience of faith or the obedience that is by faith? Shalom. Jacob.

She is not logged on for a quite sometime.

I don't think you will get reply.