Did Paul teach obedience?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
How do we enter this grace of Jesus, the LAMB of God?

We enter by doing what the Word says to do.

What does Jesus, the WORD, say to do?

Jesus says to come to him.

Believe, repent, obey.
You say whatever comes comes next into your mind.There is no wisdom in that method.

This is fun.

Ben Masada

1 - You cannot pick and chose what you want to use from the New Testament of the Holy Bible. Either believe all of it or none of it! Because you not believing all of it makes you one who calls God a liar.

2 - Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 1 John 5:10.

1 - Oh! So what you mean is that, when we are reading the Bible, we must believe without question? That's for Christians my friend, who had to follow Paul's gospel which says that Christians must walk by faith and not by sight aka understanding. (II Cor. 5:7)

2 - And do you have any idea about the testimony God has given about His Son? It is recorded in Exodus 4:22,23."Israel is My Son; so, let My Son go that he may serve Me." I am reading from the Scriptures Jesus always referred to as the Word of God aka the Tanach. Did you know that Jesus had never even dreamed that the NT would ever rise?

God's Truth

1 - You cannot pick and chose what you want to use from the New Testament of the Holy Bible. Either believe all of it or none of it! Because you not believing all of it makes you one who calls God a liar.

2 - Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.
1 John 5:10.

And do you have any idea about the testimony God has given about His Son? It is recorded in Exodus 4:22,23.
"Israel is My Son; so, let My Son go that he may serve Me." I am reading from the Scriptures Jesus always referred to as the Word of God aka the Tanach. Did you know that Jesus had never even dreamed that the NT would ever rise?

1 - Oh! So what you mean is that, when we are reading the Bible, we must believe without question? That's for Christians my friend, who had to follow Paul's gospel that said that Christians must walk by faith and not by sight. (II Cor. 5:7)

2 -

I am talking about the NEW TESTAMENT, and that is the book that you pick and chose from what you want to throw out and what you want to believe. THAT IS EVIL. You are allowed to stay here and continue to call our Book, our NEW TESTAMENT A LIE.

How is it you are allowed to do that, but I am banned for saying obey Jesus?

Ben Masada

I have explained those scriptures to you OVER AND OVER and you cannot deal with what I said, you merely repeat your ignorance.

THOSE scriptures are about God not making fathers suffer for their sons sins without their WANTING, and vice a versa---that has NOTHING to do with God coming as a MAN and sacrificing His blood like the LAMB whose blood atoned for the sins of the people.

You want me to accept your words from the gospel of Paul and not the Word of God. Jeremiah and Ezekiel were major and loyal prophets. The Lord inspired them to teach that no one can die for the sins of another not only fathers for their sons or sons for their fathers. The text is quite clear; the doctrine originated and was always used by pagans of Baal Molech. It happened once or twice among our ancient kings because they had corrupted themselves for the spiritual ruin of the whole people.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You say whatever comes comes next into your mind.There is no wisdom in that method.

This is fun.

Where have I ever said that? Prove it now that I said that, or admit to bearing false witness.

Word for word.
fingerdown.gif

You say whatever comes comes next into your mind.

There is no wisdom in that method.

God's Truth

You want me to accept your words from the gospel of Paul and not the Word of God. Jeremiah and Ezekiel were major and loyal prophets. The Lord inspired them to teach that no one can die for the sins of another not only fathers for their sons or sons for their fathers. The text is quite clear; the doctrine originated and was always used by pagans of Baal Molech. It happened once or twice among our ancient kings because they had corrupted themselves for the spiritual ruin of the whole people.

JESUS WAS NO MERE MAN.

ALL humans have sinned, even once.

Jesus was without any sin.

THOSE scriptures you do not understand from the Old Testament are about God not making fathers suffer for their sons sins without their WANTING, and vice a versa---that has NOTHING to do with God coming as a MAN and sacrificing His blood like the LAMB whose blood atoned for the sins of the people.

Jamie Gigliotti

Don't you see how confused you are?

You are preaching to others that Jesus is not the Way. You are in the way of those who can do what he says to be saved, you teach that Jesus saves first then makes you obey.

None of that is true.

Weakness is obedience.

It is about surrendering to God.

How do you ever get that disproves what I have been saying?

Don't you know that you WILL NEVER ENTER THE KINGDOM UNLESS YOU DO SOMETHING? What do you think that is?

Don't you know that the FATHER WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU UNLESS YOU DO SOMETHING? What do you think that is?

I have many more scriptures that prove Jesus is the Way and you have to do what the Way says in order to get to the Father.

I never said anything about not needing Jesus, or that we should sin.

No one earns the Holy Spirit. It is given by Grace and faith. We must then submit to the Spirit to live the life God desires.

"Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?" Galatians 3:2-3

"But I say walk by the Spirit and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. But if you are led by the Spirit you are not under law. Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatory, sorcery, enmity, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drukeness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. And those belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires." Galatians 5:16-24

Ben Masada

I am talking about the NEW TESTAMENT, and that is the book that you pick and chose from what you want to throw out and what you want to believe. THAT IS EVIL. You are allowed to stay here and continue to call our Book, our NEW TESTAMENT A LIE.

How is it you are allowed to do that, but I am banned for saying obey Jesus?

Right! That's evil, so you say. How about using a Jew aka Jesus to preach against his own Faith? That's why I am here, because Judaism is also my Faith. Why I am to remain mute while reading Paul teaching even among the Jews to stop circumcising their own children and abandon their Jewish customs? (Acts 21:21) Why do I have to be banned for standing on Jesus' side of the Truth? He said by the way, that the Truth is the Word of God; the Word of God which was given to Israel only and to no other people on earth. (Psalm 147:19,20)

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I stand by what I said. There is no wisdom to saying whatever comes to the mind of one in falseness.

And, you are merely a mocker.

Why don't you try to discuss what the topic is instead of merely mocking?

This is fun.

YOU asked ME to prove you had said that.
I did show you the proof ...... word for word.

You trying to skirt around the truth will not be tolerated by us truthful folks.

God's Truth

This is fun.

YOU asked ME to prove you had said that.
I did show you the proof ...... word for word.

You trying to skirt around the truth will not be tolerated by us truthful folks.

Satan said things he said God said too. But how did he use those things said?

God's Truth

No one earns the Holy Spirit. It is given by Grace and faith. We must then submit to the Spirit to live the life God desires.

THERE, YOU SAID IT AGAIN. You put down obeying God to be saved.

We have to obey to be saved, and you continually speak against it.

God's Truth

No one earns the Holy Spirit?!!!

Jesus gives the Holy Spirit to those he CHOOSES to give the Holy Spirit, and he CHOOSES THOSE WHO OBEY.

See Acts 5:32, and John 14:23, among many others.

God's Truth

"Let me ask you only this: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law or by hearing with faith? Are you so foolish? Having begun by the Spirit, are you now being perfected by the flesh?" Galatians 3:2-3

That scripture is NOT about being rebuked for OBEYING!!! That scripture is about being rebuked for being talked into getting CIRCUMCISED and observing special days.

Circumcision and special days were about the purification/ceremonial works. Those works no longer save.

Ben Masada

JESUS WAS NO MERE MAN.

ALL humans have sinned, even once.

Jesus was without any sin.

THOSE scriptures you do not understand from the Old Testament are about God not making fathers suffer for their sons sins without their WANTING, and vice a versa---that has NOTHING to do with God coming as a MAN and sacrificing His blood like the LAMB whose blood atoned for the sins of the people.

Why, because Jesus was crucified by the Romans? Josephus said that thousands of Jews were crucified only in the First Century. IMHO, the reason is because Jesus had Paul to fabricate a whole chain of Hellenist doctrines about Jesus and the others didn't. I am sorry to admit but, I have no doubt that this is true from the beginning of the Hellenist demigod which is the son of a god with an earthly woman. (Mat. 1:18) And until the end with the resurrection of the dead which was also fabricated by Paul if you read II Tim. 2:8. Don't forget that Paul was a Hellenist from birth.