Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

john w

Hall of Fame
No doubt you also believe Jesus Christ was slain before he was born too.--

Rev 13:8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
No doubt, due due 2 Corinthians 4:4 KJV, you butcher the point of the above verse, which you spam, in isolation, which is your MO on TOL.

17 (as it is written, I have made thee a father of many nations,) before him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead, and calleth those things which be not as though they were.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No doubt you also believe Jesus Christ was slain before he was born too.--

Rev 13:8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

(Heb 9:26) For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Is there a Christian who doesn't?

Some people believe that he already came. Others that it was meant spiritually. I was going to use the word advent in saying something like do you believe this was His first advent spoken of here.

Dartman

Made up.

whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
Yes, the goings forth have been from of old .... but Jesus wasn't there. Jesus didn't come forth unto JEHOVAH until Bethlehem.

Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Dartman

No, you missed it ...(rubbish deleted)

the Melchisedec, king of Salem reference- having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.Hebrews ch 7 is explaining how the Lord Jesus Christ fulfills Psalm 110 KJV, as being the Priest forever after the order of Melchisedec-no beginning, no end.
No, I didn't "miss" anything. All the author of Hebrews is saying is, almost nothing is known about Melchisedec , his birth isn't recorded, his death isn't recorded, and his lineage isn't recorded. The POINT Hebrews is making is, the Levitical priesthood came AFTER Melchisedec's ...... therefore, the Levitical priesthood is NOT the only possible legitimate priesthood.
Therefore, Jesus did NOT need to be of the tribe of Levi.

johnw said:
The Lord Jesus Christ's human lineage is given in Scripture, but He did not come from the priestly tribe of Levi, but from Judah, per Hebrews 7:14 KJV.
Exactly.
johnw said:
To be qualified, to be our high priest forever, He had to be of a different priestly order, i.e., that of Melchizedek.
No. Melchizedek died. Melchizedek is not still a priest, he is dust.
Jesus is uniquely qualified to be a "priest forever" by virtue of being the FIRSTBORN from the dead to eternal life.
Melchizedek hasn't been resurrected yet.

Johnw said:
As the Son of God, a title employed with great care by the Holy Spirit,
Adam is also the son of God.
Johnw said:
focusing on His deity(survey Hebrews 1:8 KJV)
Sorry, no deity.
Johnw said:
Jesus Christ has no human lineage
Scripture disagrees with you. Jesus is the literal descendant of Adam and Eve, Abraham, Judah, and David. Your own reasoning concludes that Jesus was of the tribe of Judah.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, but we have some "Christians" here that say that He already came in 70 AD. :dizzy:

And we have other "Christians" who don't believe what Jesus said about His return:

(Mark 13:30) Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Says no verse ever.

ALL Scripture teaches Jesus is a man, and exactly ZERO Scripture teaches Jesus is "deity".

(John 14:9) Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?

Dartman

Dartman said:
ALL Scripture teaches Jesus is a man, and exactly ZERO Scripture teaches Jesus is "deity".

(John 14:9) Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
What does "express image" mean?

Rosenritter

This doesn't state that Moses actually SAW God's face. It merely means God was in the same location as Moses. BLIND people can speak "face to face"!

Moses didn't seem to be blind. There was writing on tablets and he didn't need a guide to come down the mountain, nor did he seem to think anything was unusual until he was told that his face shone.

How do you normally speak to a friend? You sit or stand with them and you look at them when you speak. That is the normal meaning. This isn't unclear... Moses spoke to God face to face like a normal person, and that dispels the argument (which I have heard before) that "Jesus could not be God because he spoke to people face to face."

Rosenritter

You have come to the wrong conclusion by those things.

Jesus is a man born through Mary in whom the Father who is God now dwells without measure since His having overcome through His death, and resurrection by His Father.

Jesus is the firstborn of many brethren, not a preexistent God.

Why do you do with the passages where Jesus identifies himself as the preexistent God?

Status
Not open for further replies.