Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
As opposed to a "real" Christian, like yourself, frump? Did your parents have any kids, that lived?

So there, admitted child of the devil.

Get saved, and quit grinding those big ole wolf molars, at forever justified members of the boc, such as myself. You are too noisy.

Ok, fake Christian.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
In Scripture, we see that Jesus accepts worship and forgives sin as only God can do. He is called "God","Lord of Lords" and "Everlasting Father". We also see in Scripture that Jesus has every attribute of God the Father. From Scripture we also know that Jesus is our Creator. From Scripture, we also know that the Lord God is one.

You have come to the wrong conclusion by those things.

Jesus is a man born through Mary in whom the Father who is God now dwells without measure since His having overcome through His death, and resurrection by His Father.

Jesus is the firstborn of many brethren, not a preexistent God.

all according to scripture alone--

Luk 1:30 Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
Luk 1:31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
Luk 1:33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end."
Luk 1:34 Then Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a man?"
Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

Rom 8:29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You again claim that Jesus and the Father are the same person, so that makes you oneness, which denies God,s Son--

1Co 8:6 yet for us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him;

and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and through whom we live.

I fixed it.

LA

john w

Hall of Fame

Jesus is the firstborn of many brethren, not a preexistent God.

"Firstborn" in resurrection.

Micah 5 KJV
But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah,though thou be little among the thousands of Judah,yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel;whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

John 17 KJV

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

Hebrews 7 KJV
For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; 2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; 3 without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

And on, and on...

You've been shown this, for years, but spin it, deceptively.

Dartman

In Scripture, we see that Jesus accepts worship and forgives sin as only God can do.
No, we see that Jesus accepts worship as Jehovah's Christ, which his God has commanded. And, Jesus forgives sin BECAUSE his God commanded him to, and authorized him to do.

6days said:
He is called "God"
As the King of Israel, yes, like the other kings. And, Jehovah is called "his God".... just like the other Kings worshiped Jehovah/YHVH.

6days said:
"Lord of Lords"
True! I am suspicious you think this means something it doesn't.
6days said:
and "Everlasting Father".
No, Jesus has a Hebrew name which INCLUDES his God's name .... just like hundreds of other Hebrew names.
6days said:
We also see in Scripture that Jesus has every attribute of God the Father.
No, we don't.
Jehovah is the SOURCE of Christ's words, and Jesus firmly says he is NOT.
Jehovah is all knowing, Jesus didn't know the "day or hour" of his return.
Jehovah alone will decide WHEN to restore the nation of Israel.
Jehovah alone is FROM everlasting, Jesus came forth in Bethlehem.
Jehovah alone created the universe, Jesus was given authority over everything, and created the civilization in which Paul wrote, the "thrones, ... dominions, ... principalities, and powers" described in Col 1.
6days said:
From Scripture we also know that Jesus is our Creator.
Absolutely not.

Jehovah/YHVH alone is our creator, and Jesus is HIS "servant";

Isa 42:1-8 Behold, My servant, whom I uphold; My chosen, in whom My soul delighteth: I have put My spirit upon him; he will bring forth justice to the Gentiles.
2 He will not cry, nor lift up his voice, nor cause it to be heard in the street.
3 A bruised reed will he not break, and a dimly burning wick will he not quench: he will bring forth justice in truth.
4 He will not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set justice in the earth; and the isles shall wait for his law.
5 Thus saith God Jehovah, He that created the heavens, and stretched them forth; He that spread abroad the earth and that which cometh out of it; He that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:
6 I, Jehovah, have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thy hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;
7 to open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the dungeon, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison-house.
8 I am Jehovah, that is My name; and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise unto graven images.

Acts 4:24-30 And they, when they heard it, lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, O Lord, thou that didst make the heaven and the earth and the sea, and all that in them is:
25 who by the holy spirit, (by) the mouth of our father David thy servant, didst say, Why did the Gentiles rage, And the peoples imagine vain things?
26 The kings of the earth set themselves in array, And the rulers were gathered together, Against the Lord, and against His Anointed:
27 for of a truth in this city against Thy holy servant Jesus, whom Thou didst anoint, both Herod and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles and the peoples of Israel, were gathered together,
28 to do whatsoever Thy hand and Thy council foreordained to come to pass.
29 And now, Lord, look upon their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants to speak thy word with all boldness,
30 while Thy stretchest forth Thy hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done through the name of Thy holy servant Jesus.

Crucifer

BANNED
Banned
filioque.jpg

Dartman

Micah 5 KJV
But thou, Beth-lehem Ephratah,though thou be little among the thousands of Judah,yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel;whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Yes, the promise of Jesus was foretold "from of old, from everlasting", that's his "goings forth". BUT, Jehovah/YHVH God makes it VERY clear, Jesus would "come forth unto ME (Jehovah)" in BETHLEHEM~!

Johnw said:
John 17 KJV

5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.
Of course, Jehovah held ALL of his plan with glory before the world was.
Jesus was specifically praying for the RESURRECTION to eternal life, that his God had promised.... THAT'S the Glory that was planned by God before the world was.
johnw said:
Hebrews 7 KJV
For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him; 2 to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; 3 without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
Yes, Melchizedek didn't have any recorded lineage, recorded birthday, or record of his death. By CONTRAST, Jesus had a well documented lineage, birth in Bethlehem, and Christ's death is clearly described by multiple inspired men.
But, like Jesus, Melchizedek was exalted to be King and Priest for Jehovah.

And on, and on...

I'm sure you've been shown this, for years, but spin it, deceptively.

john w

Hall of Fame

Micah 5 KJV

Yes, the promise of Jesus was foretold "from of old, from everlasting", that's his "goings forth". BUT, Jehovah/YHVH God makes it VERY clear, Jesus would "come forth unto ME (Jehovah)" in BETHLEHEM~!

Of course, Jehovah held ALL of his plan with glory before the world was.
Jesus was specifically praying for the RESURRECTION to eternal life, that his God had promised.... THAT'S the Glory that was planned by God before the world was.
Yes, Melchizedek didn't have any recorded lineage, recorded birthday, or record of his death. By CONTRAST, Jesus had a well documented lineage, birth in Bethlehem, and Christ's death is clearly described by multiple inspired men.
But, like Jesus, Melchizedek was exalted to be King and Priest for Jehovah.

And on, and on...

I'm sure you've been shown this, for years, but spin it, deceptively.

Spin, misdirection:

whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

You missed it-the Melchisedec, king of Salem reference- having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.Hebrews ch 7 is explaining how the Lord Jesus Christ fulfills Psalm 110 KJV, as being the Priest forever after the order of Melchisedec-no beginning, no end.

The Lord Jesus Christ's human lineage is given in Scripture, but He did not come from the priestly tribe of Levi, but from Judah, per Hebrews 7:14 KJV. To be qualified, to be our high priest forever, He had to be of a different priestly order, i.e., that of Melchizedek. As the Son of God, a title employed with great care by the Holy Spirit,focusing on His deity(survey Hebrews 1:8 KJV), Jesus Christ has no human lineage, and thus fulfills the type of Melchizedek as reported in Genesis. Also, the Levitical priests died and had to be replaced, but the Lord Jesus lives on in His high priesthood, per Hebrews 7:23-24 KJV. So both in the derivation and in the duration of his priesthood, Melchizedek is a type of Jesus Christ.

And clean up your quoting, as the audience cannot tell who is quoting what.

Dartman

Micah 5 KJV

Spin, misdirection:
Nope, Correction and REdirection.

The "goings forth" are the prophecies foretelling Jesus coming into existence in Bethlehem ..... even for Jehovah.
John w said:
You missed it-the Melchisedec, king of Salem reference- having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.Hebrews ch 7 is explaining how the Lord Jesus Christ fulfills Psalm 110 KJV, as being the Priest forever after the order of Melchisedec-no beginning, no end.
No, I didn't "miss" anything. All the author of Hebrews is saying is, almost nothing is known about Melchisedec , his birth isn't recorded, his death isn't recorded, and his lineage isn't recorded. The POINT Hebrews is making is, the Levitical priesthood came AFTER Melchisedec's ...... therefore, the Levitical priesthood is NOT the only possible legitimate priesthood.
Therefore, Jesus did NOT need to be of the tribe of Levi.

john w

Hall of Fame

The "goings forth" are the prophecies foretelling Jesus coming into existence in Bethlehem ..... even for Jehovah.
No, I didn't "miss" anything. All the author of Hebrews is saying is, almost nothing is known about Melchisedec , his birth isn't recorded, his death isn't recorded, and his lineage isn't recorded. The POINT Hebrews is making is, the Levitical priesthood came AFTER Melchisedec's ...... therefore, the Levitical priesthood is NOT the only possible legitimate priesthood.

Made up.

whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

john w

Hall of Fame

No, you missed it-grow a brain, after you get saved.

The Lord Jesus Christ's human lineage is given in Scripture, but He did not come from the priestly tribe of Levi, but from Judah, per Hebrews 7:14 KJV. To be qualified, to be our high priest forever, He had to be of a different priestly order, i.e., that of Melchizedek. As the Son of God, a title employed with great care by the Holy Spirit,focusing on His deity(survey Hebrews 1:8 KJV), Jesus Christ has no human lineage, and thus fulfills the type of Melchizedek as reported in Genesis. Also, the Levitical priests died and had to be replaced, but the Lord Jesus lives on in His high priesthood, per Hebrews 7:23-24 KJV. So both in the derivation and in the duration of his priesthood, Melchizedek is a type of Jesus Christ.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
No, you missed it-grow a brain, after you get saved.

Jesus has a human lineage--

Luk 1:30 Then the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God.
Luk 1:31 And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bring forth a Son, and shall call His name JESUS.
Luk 1:32 He will be great, and will be called the Son of the Highest; and the Lord God will give Him the throne of His father David.
Luk 1:33 And He will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of His kingdom there will be no end."
Luk 1:34 Then Mary said to the angel, "How can this be, since I do not know a man?"
Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you; therefore, also, that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Micah 5 KJV

John 17 KJV

Hebrews 7 KJV

And on, and on...

You've been shown this, for years, but spin it, deceptively.

No doubt you also believe Jesus Christ was slain before he was born too.--

Rev 13:8 All who dwell on the earth will worship him, whose names have not been written in the Book of Life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.