Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keypurr

I could never have guessed.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yeah I know what you believe, and I believe you to be sincerely wrong.

Were you there?

I have extensively....I have questioned it, and I received my answer.

I respect your honesty Doc, you do not need to agree with me to be my friend.

keypurr

I have spent many hours listening to Adrian Rogers, he is a great speaker. But he is not telling the truth. He teaches only the traditional stuff from his employer. He believes what he speaks, but he has limits in his ability to go outside the church box. I also like H. M. S. Richards, Voice of Prophecy, Billy Graham, and more. But like my pastor they are only able to teach what they are told to teach. I asked my pastor about the Book of Revelation and he told me it was unknowable. I knew then he could not help me, so I went and did it on my own, from many sources and many folks. Finely from the spirit.

drbrumley

I have spent many hours listening to Adrian Rogers, he is a great speaker. But he is not telling the truth. He teaches only the traditional stuff from his employer.

I only shared if someone was interested in it. As far as telling the truth, I don't get why you have to resort to calling everyone who disagrees a liar. And 2nd, his employer? Stop with the rubbish. I'm trying hard to have a conversation with you, but if you keep this nonsense up, it's going to get ugly real quick.

Dartman

Its about the Miltha BR, the spirit Son, God's first creation, a godlike creature that was given the fullness of the Father, the spirit that came to Jesus as a dove.
100% fiction, with some mention of Scripture to try and imply support.

Dartman

Actually, Jesus said, "If you have seen me, you have seen the Father".
Yes, he said this TOO.... but that doesn't erase his statement that they had NOT seen God, nor does it erase his statements that God is in heaven.
glorydaz said:
He is the image of the invisible God, after all, and God was in Jesus as well as in heaven.
Absolutely. Jesus DOES look like his God, and thinks like his God, does the works commanded by his God, represents his God.... so in that sense, when they saw Jesus, when they heard Jesus, they were seeing and hearing God's anointed servant. VERY much like Pharaoh was hearing Jehovah/YHVH God whenever Moses spoke.
And, in a very figurative, but very true sense, God is in Christ.

glorydaz said:
He's not on the side of those who fail to recognize Jesus as their Saviour. There will many who deny Him as Lord and they will go to hell.
God's gift of His son proves God is on EVERYONE'S side. If they reject that gift, then they reject Jehovah/YHVH God, and they will be destroyed.

drbrumley

Doc as I said before I was doing a study on the morning stars when the Lord guided me over to Heb 1:3. I was alone in the room at the time but I felt someone guiding my thoughts. I tried to disprove them, for I know how silly they sound, but I can't, I have only found more evidence to support my findings.

Many years ago I used to discuss scripture with my Pastor, he had a Phd and I tried to learn from him, but he could not answer my questions. We were on a collision course in theology. I loved this pastor. He was a great speaker and he was the one who married us. But one night I had a dream. The pastor died and was laying at the front of the church in his casket, I was at the back of the pews, near the door. Suddenly the door opened up and a burst of light entered the church. There was someone in white in the doorway. He looked at me and I quivered, he smiled, a sign of approval I assumed. That's when I woke up. It might be nothing but that was sixty years ago and the very thought of this dream is still in my mind. It was my wife's church so I joined it to please her, that was a big mistake as I did not find God there. I got involved in the church, even became a Board Member. I finely had to leave it, it did nothing to think I was in the presents of God. That was many years age Doc, so you see I was a trin believer for many years. I started as a Baptist then to an Agnostic. Noe I am just a guy to speaks of the Love of God and his Son and I do my best to reflect it. I admit sometime I get carried away, but it is not my intension to offend anyone on a personal level. The forces of good and bad are always near us.

I can appreciate this Keypurr but it seems by reading this, you tried to find the answer to your questions on your own. I know you will disagree and that's fine.

Kinda like me, when I asked a simple question, "How did God create all this?" My first answer with someone I respected said, "He spoke it." Not content with that answer, I searched for more, but more was not forthcoming. I started understanding how things of the world He created worked, but not how He created it. A rather simplistic answer to you to be sure. But the answer finally came in study one night, "He spoke it" is all I needed to know....how liberating.

drbrumley

Um, [MENTION=12969]Sherman[/MENTION]

If it may please the court, I ask to reinstate [MENTION=3801]keypurr[/MENTION]. This isn't an ECT forum in which him saying that would and should earn him a infraction. This is just a common forum where everyone can say what they believe and they can get proven wrong. Meshak has said far worse on here among others. Just asking. If not, it's ya'lls site. I'm not bickering

glorydaz

Yes, he said this TOO.... but that doesn't erase his statement that they had NOT seen God, nor does it erase his statements that God is in heaven.
Absolutely. Jesus DOES look like his God, and thinks like his God, does the works commanded by his God, represents his God.... so in that sense, when they saw Jesus, when they heard Jesus, they were seeing and hearing God's anointed servant. VERY much like Pharaoh was hearing Jehovah/YHVH God whenever Moses spoke.
And, in a very figurative, but very true sense, God is in Christ.

Unlike you, I believe every single scripture. I don't have to explain any of them away.

God became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:1, 14.

God's gift of His son proves God is on EVERYONE'S side. If they reject that gift, then they reject Jehovah/YHVH God, and they will be destroyed.

We aren't talking about God's gift. We are talking about God, Himself....God with us in the flesh.

Dartman

Unlike you, I believe every single scripture. I don't have to explain any of them away.

God became flesh and dwelt among us. John 1:1, 14.
You in fact ARE explaining them away. I am the one that believes every single Scripture, and harmonizes them.

glroydaz said:
We aren't talking about God's gift. We are talking about God, Himself....God with us in the flesh.
You are, the Scriptures are not. The Scriptures are stating that God's gift has a NAME "God with us".... and the rest of Scriptures agree, the gift of Jesus DOES prove that God is not against mankind, He is on their side.

glorydaz

You in fact ARE explaining them away. I am the one that believes every single Scripture, and harmonizes them.

No, you say that Jesus didn't really mean what He said. I take Him at His word.

You are, the Scriptures are not. The Scriptures are stating that God's gift has a NAME "God with us".... and the rest of Scriptures agree, the gift of Jesus DOES prove that God is not against mankind, He is on their side.

You have totally made that up. Salvation is a gift....eternal life is a gift. Jesus will judge all men and many will be sent to hell. He isn't on the side of those who refuse to accept Him as their Lord and God.

Facts.....stick to the facts.

Dartman

No, you say that Jesus didn't really mean what He said. I take Him at His word.
Wonderful! Then you believe him when he says;

"my Father is greater than I"
that his Father is "the ONLY true God".
That Jehovah is his Father, and our Father, his GOD, and our God.
That Jesus does NOT know the day, nor the hour of his return, but the Father does.
That Jesus is NOT the source of the words he spoke, his God is.

glorydaz said:
Dartman said:

You have totally made that up.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Apple7

Do your own research Apple7, my time is running out and I have serious folks to post with.

Already have.

Now its your turn.

Make it your New Year's resolution to use your ban as an impetus to actually study scripture in lieu of endlessly making your same, exact false claims year after year...

Apple7

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Adding context...

John 3.15 - 18

ινα πας ο πιστευων εν αυτω εχη ζωην αιωνιον ουτως γαρ γαπησεν ο θεος τον κοσμον ωστε τον υιον τον μονογενη εδωκεν ινα πας ο πιστευων εις αυτον μη αποληται αλλ εχη ζωην αιωνιον ου γαρ απεστειλεν ο θεος τον υιον εις τον κοσμον ινα κρινη τον κοσμον αλλ ινα σωθη ο κοσμος δι αυτου ο πιστευων εις αυτον ου κρινεται ο μη πιστευων ηδη κεκριται οτι μη πεπιστευκεν εις το ονομα του μονογενους υιου του θεου

That everyone having Faith into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone having Faith into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. The one having Faith into Him is not condemned; but the one not believing has already been condemned, for he has not believed into the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Observe that ‘pisteuōn’ (have Faith in) is repeated three times (Triune) in this address to the ones who take the singular name of the Son for eternal life.

Jesus’ Elect, the ones who worship Him as Triune, are the ones entering eternal life and escaping Judgment.

Make it your New Year's resolution to start considering CONTEXT, as it will most assuredly utterly destroy your present false theology.

Dartman

Adding context...

John 3.15 - 18

ινα πας ο πιστευων εν αυτω εχη ζωην αιωνιον ουτως γαρ γαπησεν ο θεος τον κοσμον ωστε τον υιον τον μονογενη εδωκεν ινα πας ο πιστευων εις αυτον μη αποληται αλλ εχη ζωην αιωνιον ου γαρ απεστειλεν ο θεος τον υιον εις τον κοσμον ινα κρινη τον κοσμον αλλ ινα σωθη ο κοσμος δι αυτου ο πιστευων εις αυτον ου κρινεται ο μη πιστευων ηδη κεκριται οτι μη πεπιστευκεν εις το ονομα του μονογενους υιου του θεου

That everyone having Faith into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that everyone having Faith into Him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world that He might judge the world, but that the world might be saved through Him. The one having Faith into Him is not condemned; but the one not believing has already been condemned, for he has not believed into the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Observe that ‘pisteuōn’ (have Faith in) is repeated three times (Triune) in this address to the ones who take the singular name of the Son for eternal life.

Jesus’ Elect, the ones who worship Him as Triune, are the ones entering eternal life and escaping Judgment.

Make it your New Year's resolution to start considering CONTEXT, as it will most assuredly utterly destroy your present false theology.
I always consider context, and the immediate context STILL supports the truth that Jesus is a gift from God.
If you think otherwise, it's no wonder you are utterly confused.

Apple7

I always consider context, and the immediate context STILL supports the truth that Jesus is a gift from God.
If you think otherwise, it's no wonder you are utterly confused.

The Gift of God is the Holy Spirit

John 4.10

απεκριθη ιησους και ειπεν αυτη ει ηδεις την δωρεαν του θεου και τις εστιν ο λεγων σοι δος μοι πειν συ αν ητησας αυτον και εδωκεν αν σοι υδωρ ζων

apekrithē Iēsous kai eipen autē Ei ēdeis tēn dōrean tou Theou kai tis estin ho legōn soi Dos moi pein sy an ētēsas auton kai edōken an soi hydōr zōn

Jesus answered and said to her, If you knew The Gift of God, and who is the One saying to you, Give Me to drink, you would have asked Him, and He would give you living water.

Therefore, according to your logic, Jesus MUST be God, as He gives the Gift of God.

Dartman

The Gift of God is the Holy Spirit
Eccl 3:13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Cor 7:7-9 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.
9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eccl 3:13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

Rom 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

1 Cor 7:7-9 For I would that all men were even as I myself. But every man hath his proper gift of God, one after this manner, and another after that.
8 I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.
9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Rom 5:15-18 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

When you stop scouring the Scriptures in a desperate search for ANYTHING that might support your preconceived notions, you will find there are MANY gifts from God.
In fact, the entire universe is a gift, our mortal life is a gift, God's plan of salvation is a gift ..... and on, and on.

Apple7

Rom 5:15-18 But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
16 And not as it was by one that sinned, so is the gift: for the judgment was by one to condemnation, but the free gift is of many offences unto justification.
17 For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

When you stop scouring the Scriptures in a desperate search for ANYTHING that might support your preconceived notions, you will find there are MANY gifts from God.
In fact, the entire universe is a gift, our mortal life is a gift, God's plan of salvation is a gift ..... and on, and on.

You just further proved The Trinitarian stance that Jesus is God.

Dartman

You just further proved The Trinitarian stance that Jesus is God.
1) There is no trinitarian stance expressed in Scripture.
2) There is NEVER a statement "Jesus is God"
3) Jesus himself states his Father is "the ONLY true God".
4)Jehovah Himself states that He alone is God, and Jesus the Christ is His holy servant, a prophet, a direct descendant of Adam and Eve, Abraham, Judah and David.
5) The apostles confirm that the Father is Christ's God, Christ's head, Christ's maker.
6) Nothing I said or posted even HINTS that these statements are NOT true, and that trinitarian theory is.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Um, @Sherman

If it may please the court, I ask to reinstate @keypurr. This isn't an ECT forum in which him saying that would and should earn him a infraction. This is just a common forum where everyone can say what they believe and they can get proven wrong. Meshak has said far worse on here among others. Just asking. If not, it's ya'lls site. I'm not bickering

No. What he said was blasphemous. Blasphemy doesn't fly anywhere on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.