Did God become flesh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keypurr

Talk about arrogant!

Ok, here's the thing.

Just because there's an "s" at the end of a word in the Greek does not make the word plural, like it does in English.

The word "logos" is a SINGULAR noun.

"LOGOS"
=
"WORD"

Nope. Word. Singular.

The Greek phrase is literally:

"THE(Article - Nominative Masculine Singular) WORD(Noun - NMS) WAS(Verb - Imperfect Indicative Active - 3rd person Singular) WITH(Preposition) THE(A - Accusative MS) GOD(N - AMS) AND(Conjunction) GOD(N - NMS) WAS(V - IIA - 3S) THE(A - NMS) WORD(N - NMS)"

The Word...

The Word is the subject here. "God" is part of the prepositional phrase.

Yes and no. The WORD is still the subject. God is the object of the prepositional phrase prior, "with God." Therefore, "all things were made by Him" is referring to THE WORD, HO LOGOS.

Yes, THE WORD. Without the WORD. Because God was the Word.

Still talking about the Word here... Who was and is God.

Yup. The Word is God.

Yup.

Though, 6 starts a new paragraph... so...

And you just so happen to know more about this passage than what has been accumulated over the past 18 centuries?

Pretty sure you don't.

He seems to be on the right road JR.

Talk about arrogant! Are not we all guilty if that sometimes?

keypurr

You are the one deceived. Logos is God's words, check the entire book of John.... not just the distortions trinity/oneness theologies have wreaked on the first chapter.

Jesus used Logos both plural, and singular, interchangeably;

John 14:24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my words (Logos plural): and the word (Logos singular) which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's who sent me.

THIS is how "logos" is used in the Scriptures. It ALWAYS means "something uttered, or written".

Jesus never used logos at all, that is a Greek word, not Aramaic. Greek distorted word.

john w

Hall of Fame
I am not worried about getting saved John.

You should worry, Christ rejector, as you have a fake "Jesus," an antichrist, an impotent, in no position to save anyone.

I suggest you pray for forgiveness and understanding.

There it is folks, as he, on record, rejects that Christ died for our sins, per 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, and forgave us all trespasses, per Colossians 2:13 KJV.

A member of the boc: What sins? He died for all of them, and forgave all of them-they are all in hell, never to be "brought up," again.

Lost people, such as keypurr: Ask for forgiveness, as my fake "Jesus" is an impotent, in no position to die for my sins, forgive all my trespasses, so I must go to "the forgiveness bank, " and plead my case!!!

It might help you see what the words say.

More of your comedy acts, as that "the words" that you reference, you, on record, revise, alter, diminish from, add to, until it supports/validates your antichrist doctrine, as you are an admitted bible corrector, and not a bible believer, as "the words" you cite, are riddled with errors, according to you, you big fraud.

And please teach us, with the above stunner, shut down, debate ender. Please?

keypurr

You should worry, Christ rejector, as you have a fake "Jesus," an antichrist, an impotent, in no position to save anyone.

There it is folks, as he, on record, rejects that Christ died for our sins, per 1 Cor. 15:1-4 KJV, and forgave us all trespasses, per Colossians 2:13 KJV.

A member of the boc: What sins? He died for all of them, and forgave all of them-they are all in hell, never to be "brought up," again.

Lost people, such as keypurr: Ask for forgiveness, as my fake "Jesus" is an impotent, in no position to die for my sins, forgive all my trespasses, so I must go to "the forgiveness bank, " and plead my case!!!

More of your comedy acts, as that "the words" that you reference, you, on record, revise, alter, diminish from, add to, until it supports/validates your antichrist doctrine, as you are an admitted bible corrector, and not a bible believer, as "the words" you cite, are riddled with errors, according to you, you big fraud.

And please teach us, with the above stunner, shut down, debate ender. Please?

If you know Christ you would never act as you do John. You have no Clue who God or his Son really is.

Your a liar John, but I forgive you for you just do not understand what you read.

keypurr

There is no evidence that practice continued after the Church in Jerusalem was scattered. In fact, Paul helped take up a collection from the Gentile Churches of God, to aid those in Jerusalem.

You don't read carefully, which explains your confusion. What I said is only one of us CAN be right, but we both MIGHT be wrong.

Silence describes the Scriptures statements about trinity/oneness. Deafening silence. In contrast, the 100% human Jesus of Nazareth, a descendant of Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Jacob, David and Mary, IS preached in many sermons recorded in the book of Acts. These facts are PRECISELY why Paul said;
2 Cor 11:3-4 But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.
4 For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

According to Paul, we absolutely MUST be able to show the "Jesus" we believe in, being PREACHED by the apostles!!!

Of course I will answer your question .... (one of my frequently used answers is .... "Sorry, I don't know")

Jesus said;

Matt 15:24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Jesus commanded his apostles;

Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Dartman your like a breath of fresh air. Welcome to my world. A long time go I was told Stupid people do not know they are stupid. I believe that. To disgard the doctrines and traditions of religion was the hardest thing I ever did in my life.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes, I do....the man Jesus Christ. He was man's representive.

But, the offense of sin was against God, so He needed a representative, too.

Jesus Christ fit that bill perfectly.....as God in the flesh.

Galatians 3:20 Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one.​

You can not have a mediator between you and God now when you claim Jesus is God and you claim you are in His very body in Heaven and you are not a member of His Bride.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I understand both trinitarian theory and oneness theory. They are both false.
The Scriptures NEVER .... EVER ..... state, explain or preach ANY tenet unique to either theory!
There is no logic. 3 persons in one being is a form of insanity, it isn't logic. Being 100% man AND 100% God isn't logic, or math .... it's nonsense. Worse, it's another "Jesus" and another God!

You speak truly.

LA

Rosenritter

If you understood the triune nature, then you would not ask this question.

I think he was asking if I believed that the Almighty God had been killed and rose again from the dead. What he understands or does not understand has nothing to do with how I would answer that question.

But perhaps more to the point of what you were implying, I do not understand and do not believe in a "triune nature" but that has nothing to do with my ability to believe the scripture when the Almighty tells us that he is the same as he who was dead and is alive forevermore.

Rosenritter

When the word becomes flesh in us then are we also Almighty God?

Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

LA

Aside from that lame attempt at a word game, it says that the epistle is engraved in our heart of flesh. Not that God is manifest in the flesh. Certainly not that we are He who was in the beginning with God, and is God, and whom create the world and everything that was made.

2 Corinthians 3:2-3 KJV
(2) Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
(3) Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.

You're really reaching there. But by all means, if you think that means you become God then please raise yourself from the dead. Do this, appear before many, accept worship as our Lord and our God, and declare yourself the Almighty, the first and the last, the beginning and the end, and if you are still standing and not a smoking cinder at that point, I'll believe you.

Rosenritter

It's not hard to understand for me, but you are quite confused. So, I will explain;

John 1:1-6
In the beginning was the word
(God's words/logos), and the word (God's words/logos) was with God, and the word (God's words/logos) was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by Him
(God); and without Him (God) was not any thing made that was made.
4 In Him
(God) was life; and the life was the light of men.
5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.
6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.

Your misunderstanding comes from 18 centuries of brainwashing..... and defies VAST quantities of Scripture.

I haven't been alive for eighteen centuries, let alone subject to eighteen centuries of brainwashing.

John 8:57-59 KJV
(57) Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
(58) Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
(59) Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Jesus, on the other hand, told us that his age was calculated in the scale of "I AM."

Rosenritter

I'm Church of God, the same gospel as the apostles preached.

This Church of God?

http://www.churchofgod.org/beliefs/declaration-of-faith

DECLARATION OF FAITH

The Church of God believes the whole Bible to be completely and equally inspired and that it is the written Word of God. The Church of God has adopted the following Declaration of Faith as its standard and official expression of its doctrine.
We Believe:

• In the verbal inspiration of the Bible.
  • In one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Unless you meant a different Church of God that one sounds Trinitarian.

Dartman

You do not understand trinitarian theology.

If you did, you wouldn't have said the above.
You will need to be more clear. What did I say that makes you think I do not understand trinitarian theology?

JR said:
Consider this:

None of them can by any means redeem his brother, Nor give to God a ransom for him—For the redemption of their souls is costly, And it shall cease forever—That he should continue to live eternally, And not see the Pit. . . . But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave, For He shall receive me. Selah - Psalm 49:7-9,15 http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm49:7-9,15&version=NKJV

Was David lying?
Of course not, David was speaking about these people;

Ps 49:6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;

And here is what David said about God redeeming his soul;

Ps 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

Here is what the New Testament says about this redemption;

Rom 8:11 But if the Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, He that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by His Spirit that dwelleth in you.

Rom 8:23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

JR} Dart said:
Yes he did. Humans look like Him.

JR said:
Man is tripartite, body, soul, spirit.
LOL .... man is quadpartite;

Mark 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

You are going to have to do WAY better than this, if you want to be persuasive!!

JR said:
Dart, do you deny the incarnation of Christ?
There is no such thing as "incarnation", in Scripture, or in God's Creation.
Jehovah/YHVH God caused Jesus to come into existence in Bethlehem... Just like He promised "from of old, from everlasting":
Mic 5:2 But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto Me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Jesus birth as a flesh and blood baby boy fulfilled his God's words.

Dartman

I haven't been alive for eighteen centuries, let alone subject to eighteen centuries of brainwashing.
You haven't been alive for eighteen centuries, but the lies you promote have been around that long. And, your belief of those lies is the result of brainwashing, which began roughly 18 centuries ago.
Rosenritter said:
John 8:57-59 KJV
(57) Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?
(58) Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
(59) Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by.

Jesus, on the other hand, told us that his age was calculated in the scale of "I AM."
No he didn't. Jesus said Abraham rejoiced to see my day ..... which is a statement of Abraham's faith in the promises God made to him, promising the future "seed" Paul discusses in Gal 3.
The contrived capitalization of "I am" is a pathetic attempt to manufacture support for a doctrine completely contrary to the statements, explanations and sermons recorded in Scripture.
Jesus is PURELY saying that he is in the promises BEFORE Abraham. (Gen 3:15, Jude 1:14,15)

Rosenritter

You haven't been alive for eighteen centuries, but the lies you promote have been around that long. And, your belief of those lies is the result of brainwashing, which began roughly 18 centuries ago.
No he didn't. Jesus said Abraham rejoiced to see my day ..... which is a statement of Abraham's faith in the promises God made to him, promising the future "seed" Paul discusses in Gal 3.
The contrived capitalization of "I am" is a pathetic attempt to manufacture support for a doctrine completely contrary to the statements, explanations and sermons recorded in Scripture.
Jesus is PURELY saying that he is in the promises BEFORE Abraham. (Gen 3:15, Jude 1:14,15)

Why would Jesus say he was "in the promises before Abraham" in response to a question about his age? I am guessing you weren't there to hear the other words or inflection, but the Jews were, and they took up stones because they considered it blasphemy. It was no blasphemy to declare that you had a planned ministry from long ago, even to be a promised Messiah.

Status
Not open for further replies.