ECT Destroying your understanding of a most favorite salvation passage

Cross Reference

Just look in the mirror then...that should keep you busy all day and the adults can have an actual discussion.

Here dazed, reconcile this to your way of thinking:

“conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear” (1 Peter 1:17)

Why, dazed?

“For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.” (1 Peter 3:12) see also (Ps 34:15-16 KJV).

Interesting, huh? I mean in light of Rom 3:10 and everything.

glorydaz

Here dazed, reconcile this to your way of thinking:

“conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear” (1 Peter 1:17)

Why, dazed?

“For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers; but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.” (1 Peter 3:12) see also (Ps 34:15-16 KJV).

Interesting, huh? I mean in light of Rom 3:10 and everything.

Go back to looking in the mirror....see if you can find the righteousness of Christ. I don't think you will.

john w

Hall of Fame
Because it is a side tracking question.

I full well know Jesus died for all sins. However, it was not unconditional that He did so.

Redemption restored mankind; reconciled him to God. Now it is up to him to stay restored and reconciled and that by a relationship with Him whom Adam once enjoyed, who did the restoring-reconciling. His Name being Jesus Christ. You are sadly mistaken to believe that the sins you have committed either past, present, or future are forgiven without such a relationship with Him. Paul in Romans 8:1 says as much.

Made up, as "conditional, " by definition, means He did not die for our sins, was not judged in our place, per the biblical definition/principles of substitution, identification, and gift. Now:

For what sin/sins did the Lord Jesus Christ not die. Specifics.

lifeisgood

Many confuse justification with sanctification.

God the Father has eternally purposed for all believers that we be conformed to the image of His Son. (Romans 8:29) When He has accepted us we are justified once and for ever because of Jesus Christ and His work at the Cross of Calvary. (It has absolutely nothing to do with the wooden beam.)

Sanctification is the being conformed to Him and it is a lifelong process that will stop when we are presented glorious, holy, and blameless. (Ephesians 5:27).

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Re: your post #31 ...

How many times must I remind you?
-- Paul was writing ONLY to the FAITHFUL believers in Ephesus
-- We are writing to warn ONLY those believers who are being UNFAITHFUL

The difference between the 2 types of believers is the difference between life and death!

Your soul is a dung heap ....I know it because you are in a spiritual swamp. That is the message I get from you.

ZacharyB

Because what you (the Heir of spiritual ignorance) have embraced is incomplete understanding of the gospel
Paul embraced which means you are no one I would ever follow nor advise any I know to as well.
IOW, you have departed from the faith that brings salvation by the grace of God.
She refuses (as do MANY others) to take ALL of Scripture seriously!
E.G. she refuses to believe the Lord's warnings, such as:

"We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you
not to receive the grace of God in vain." (2 Cor 6:1)

This was written for the edification of others,
for Heir truly is a lost cause ... blind as a bat spiritually.

heir

TOL Subscriber
She refuses (as do MANY others) to take ALL of Scripture seriously!
E.G. she refuses to believe the Lord's warnings, such as:

"We then, as workers together with Him also plead with you
not to receive the grace of God in vain." (2 Cor 6:1)

This was written for the edification of others,
for Heir truly is a lost cause ... blind as a bat spiritually.
:chuckle: You're ridiculous.

genuineoriginal

Mr. Hale is in error.

God commended his love toward us while we were yet sinners, nothing we can do, including sinning, can separate us from the love of God.

Romans 5:8-11

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Since our previous sinful existence did not stop God's love, why would our errors after having received the atonement, our justification, our redemption, our righteousness, our sanctification would sin separate us from the love of God.

Our errors may cause condemnation in our minds, but we are not talking about our minds or hearts, but God's love to us.

You have made the classic mistake of thinking that the verses in Romans 8:35-39 are referring to the love that God has for us and not the love we have for God.

While it is true that nothing can stop God from loving us, each of the things Paul lists are things that can stop us from loving God.

Romans 8:35-39
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
36 As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.​