ECT Destroying your understanding of a most favorite salvation passage

ZacharyB

Romans 8:
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God,
to those who are the called according to His purpose.
29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the
image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called,
these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.”

“This verse (28) surely ranks as one of the greatest verses in the New Testament.
… If we do not love God and are not called according to His purpose, then the
promise of this verse is not for us. … Here (in 29) we see God’s main purpose in
working for our good in all things. His ultimate purpose for all of us who believe
is that we might be conformed to the likeness of His Son … that is, that we should
become like His Son Jesus.”
(The Applied New Testament Commentary, Dr. Thomas Hale, Chariot/Victor Publishing, 1996)

Jesus said those who love God will keep His commandments!
“If you love Me, keep My commandments …
He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.
And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him
… If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him
… He who does not love Me does not keep My words” (John 14:15-24)

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man
the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” (1 Cor 2:9)
“But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.” (1 Corinthians 8:3)

Continuing on 6 verses down …

Romans 8:
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress,
or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities
nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us
from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

“No one can separate us! Except for sin, there is no other circumstance in this life that can
separate believers in Christ from God’s love … there is, in fact, one thing – a thing which God
did not create – that certainly can separate them from God’s love. And that one thing is sin.
If we continue knowingly in some sin and refuse to repent of it, that sin will most definitely
separate us from God’s love and bring upon us God’s terrible wrath and judgment.
Before we were Christians, we were separated from God because of sin. We were God’s
enemies. Then, after repenting of our sins and believing in Christ, we were reconciled to God.
But, if we fall back into sin and continue in it knowingly without repenting, we are in danger
of again becoming separated from God. And on the day of judgment, that separation will
become permanent. Of all the promises in the Bible, the promise of verses 38-39 is one
of the greatest. But we must not think about a promise without also thinking about
the conditions of that promise. It is good to remember the promises of the Bible,
but we must not forget the warnings!”
(The Applied New Testament Commentary, Dr. Thomas Hale, Chariot/Victor Publishing, 1996)

Therefore, I suggest that you come out from under the leadership of the hireling who
is pretending to shepherd you scripturally, and come into the light of the Scriptures!
And start up a serious home group of enlightened believers.

“conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear” (1 Peter 1:17)
“For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers;
but the face of the Lord is against those (everyone!) who do evil.” (1 Peter 3:12)

Yes, everyone who is sinning without proper repentance is not righteous in God’s eyes!

Last edited:

Cross Reference

Romans 8:

“This verse (28) surely ranks as one of the greatest verses in the New Testament.
promise of this verse is not for us. … Here (in 29) we see God’s main purpose in
working for our good in all things. His ultimate purpose for all of us who believe
is that we might be conformed to the likeness of His Son … that is, that we should

Romans 8:
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress,
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us

“No one can separate us! Except for sin, there is no other circumstance in this life that can
separate believers in Christ from God’s love … there is, in fact, one thing – a thing which God
did not create – that certainly can separate them from God’s love. And that one thing is sin.
If we continue knowingly in some sin and refuse to repent of it, that sin will most definitely
separate us from God’s love and bring upon us God’s terrible wrath and judgment.
Before we were Christians, we were separated from God because of sin. We were God’s
enemies. Then, after repenting of our sins and believing in Christ, we were reconciled to God.
But, if we fall back into sin and continue in it knowingly without repenting, we are in danger
of again becoming separated from God. And on the day of judgment, that separation will
become permanent. Of all the promises in the Bible, the promise of verses 38-39 is one
of the greatest. But we must not think about a promise without also thinking about
the conditions of that promise. It is good to remember the promises of the Bible,

Therefore, I suggest that you come out from under the leadership of the hireling who
is pretending to shepherd you scripturally, and come into the light of the Scriptures!

“conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear” (1 Peter 1:17)
“For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers;
but the face of the Lord is against those (everyone!) who do evil.” (1 Peter 3:12)

Yes, everyone who is sinning without proper repentance is not righteous in God’s eyes!

And whose commentary should we use as being the gospel, taught in our home meeting?

oatmeal

Romans 8:

Romans 8:

Mr. Hale is in error.

God commended his love toward us while we were yet sinners, nothing we can do, including sinning, can separate us from the love of God.

Romans 5:8-11

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Since our previous sinful existence did not stop God's love, why would our errors after having received the atonement, our justification, our redemption, our righteousness, our sanctification would sin separate us from the love of God.

Our errors may cause condemnation in our minds, but we are not talking about our minds or hearts, but God's love to us.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Destroying your understanding of a most favorite salvation passage
(John 14:15-24)
Look at the lost person trying to put members of the BoC under the kingdom of heaven program (to Israel).

Get saved!

Cross Reference

Cross Reference

“We only see history back to the Fall. God sees it from the beginning. There was something in God’s mind before the Fall, and in the ages to come that thing is to be fully realized. God knew all about sin and redemption; yet in His great purpose for the Church set forth in Genesis 2, there is no view of sin. It is as though (to speak in finite terms) He leaps in thought right over the whole story of redemption and sees the Church in future eternity, having a ministry and a (future) history which is altogether apart from sin and is wholly of God. It is the Body of Christ in glory, expressing nothing of fallen man but only that which is the image of the glorified Son of man. This is the Church that has satisfied God’s heart and has attained dominion.” . . .Watchman Nee

Last edited:

Interplanner

Those who believe have died to sin; why would they want to continue in it? Their previous sins already cost Christ his life, so they don't want to remain in sin. If we deny him, he will deny us.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Look at the lost person trying to put members of the BoC under the kingdom of heaven program (to Israel).

Get saved!

Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Tit 1:16 They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

That's you, LA! You profess you know God, but keep working for your salvation which denies Him as God did all the work of our salvation!

Cross Reference

Those who believe have died to sin; why would they want to continue in it?

Because they really haven't yet died to sin. Simple. The new birth is purposed to bring about a spiritual warfare by which one's old man is placed in conflict with his new man, the very life of the indwelling Life of Christ. This because allegiance, a non automatic, has to be learned, temptation being the battle ground that exposes man's weaknesses to be tried and dealt, by the practice of the presence of God, the death blow. Israel, in the wilderness [failed]. Jesus in His wilderness experience [success]is the example of what this in all about.

Their previous sins already cost Christ his life, so they don't want to remain in sin.

I don't believe so. Jesus died to cancel out the penalty for Adam's transgression that placed his progenity under the power of sin, sealed to futility of mind and soul (see Rom 8:18-21KJV). Redemption, as the result of the death of Jesus, made peace with God and restored man to pre Adamic union with Him, contingent only upon one's faith in God by Jesus Christ unto a life lived unto Him as the supposed outcome..Freewill is purposed always to be an issue in this when rectification of one's disposition is under the test.

Last edited:

ZacharyB

And whose commentary should we use as being the gospel, taught in our home meeting?
Yes, without any doubt.
Dr. Holt is a Spirit-filled Pentecostal/Charismatic type who is/was a missionary to Nepal.
Which means he knows a thing or two about deeper spiritual Truths.
He's not some hireling whose real #1 priority is to gather people's tithes!

ZacharyB

The new birth is purposed to bring about a spiritual warfare by which one's old man is placed in conflict with his new man, the very life of the indwelling Life of Christ. This because allegiance, a non automatic, has to be learned, temptation being the battle ground that exposes man's weaknesses to be tried and dealt, by the practice of the presence of God ...

Jesus emphasized that those who love Him will (CHOOSE TO) obey His commandments.
Who's going to heaven who doesn't love Jesus?

The recipe for the overcoming Christian life unto final salvation
Trying to obey His commandments + sincere repentance after failure.

Cross Reference

Yes, without any doubt.
Dr. Holt is a Spirit-filled Pentecostal/Charismatic type who is/was a missionary to Nepal.
Which means he knows a thing or two about deeper spiritual Truths.
He's not some hireling whose real #1 priority is to gather people's tithes!

I take it you are of Pentecostal persuasion?

Cross Reference

Mr. Hale is in error.

God commended his love toward us while we were yet sinners, nothing we can do, including sinning, can separate us from the love of God.

Get this part straight Oats:

"God commended his love toward us while we were yet sinners, He redeemed us, i.e., all mankind. There was/or is nothing we can/could do, about that. It made no difference to Him what kind of a person you were /are. God redeemed us all. It was a act of His LOVE that "blanketed" everyone of Earth, act of restoration... NOW, comes this part: "Nothing can separate those, who belong to Him, from His Love". To redeem only means to set free. Salvation is living life unto Him who did the "setting free". When we commit, God reciprocates and seals us to Himself. God's reciprocation is predicated upon our allegiance to Him as Jesus demonstrated by His life. That is why His sealing us to Himself is a "narrow way" subject only to our love TO Him guaranteed to bring His reciprocating LIFE for one another.

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Romans 8:

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man
the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” (1 Cor 2:9)
“But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.” (1 Corinthians 8:3)

Romans 8:

Get busy losing your salvation !!