ECT Destroying your understanding of a most favorite salvation passage

theophilus

Salvation is a one-time event.
Jesus either justifies you the first time or He doesn't.
It is not a process.

Sanctification on the other hand is a lifelong process.
We are being conformed to Him (Philippians 3:10).

In Justification, the Lord fights ‘for’ us.
In Sanctification, He fights ‘in’ us.”

1 Cor. 1:18

Being saved is a process. Sanctification is the "method" of that process.

Justification is a one time event.

Carry on.

:)

Cross Reference

Salvation is a one-time event.
Jesus either justifies you the first time or He doesn't.
It is not a process.

This is salvation as God has purposed it to be as the reason for redeeming mankind; for why Jesus Christ came to show us the way it is accomplished:

John 17:3. . . Anything other than that is less than that. Perhaps it is just a misunderstanding of the scriptures that that verse in not taken to heart more seriously.

Interplanner

To Life is Good,
We have to continue to confess our need for justification from our sins in order for it to continue to be of value to us. That is why it is not a one time event. It could never be 'about' one moment in life because it is about our past failures, even on the last day of our life. On the last day of our life we will need to believe the same thing as the first time we realized sin was a debt and needed to be deposited against.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Heb 10:19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
Heb 10:20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
Heb 10:21 And having an high priest over the house of God;
Heb 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.
Heb 10:23 Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;)
Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:
Heb 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?
Heb 10:30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.
Heb 10:31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

LA

This scripture is for you...that's why God won't let you get away from it......

heir

TOL Subscriber
Do you believe God forgives our sins because He loves us?
Your tenses are all wrong just like everything else you write. Our sins are already forgiven as in "in Whom we have...,forgiveness of sins" (Ephesians 1:7 KJV)/ "hath forgiven" (not "forgives" as in needing to be forgiven)/"having forgiven" (Colossians 2:13 KJV). We were reconciled when enemies (Romans 5:10 KJV) and make no mistake about it: God forgave us for Christ's sake (Ephesians 2:4-6 KJV, Ephesians 4:32 KJV)!

lifeisgood

To Life is Good,
We have to continue to confess our need for justification from our sins in order for it to continue to be of value to us. That is why it is not a one time event. It could never be 'about' one moment in life because it is about our past failures, even on the last day of our life. On the last day of our life we will need to believe the same thing as the first time we realized sin was a debt and needed to be deposited against.

JUSTIFICATION is a one time event and it has NOTHING to do with you (or me for that matter). It is all about Jesus Christ and His Work on the Cross of Calvary which JUSTIFIED you before God.

If JUSTIFICATION was NOT a one time event, you (or I) would never be able to come into the presence of God---never---and I mean never.

Jesus Christ and His Work on the Cross of Calvary either JUSTIFIES you the first time or not. It is not a process.

Interplanner

Mr. Hale is in error.

God commended his love toward us while we were yet sinners, nothing we can do, including sinning, can separate us from the love of God.

Romans 5:8-11

8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

11 And not only so, but we also joy in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom we have now received the atonement.

Since our previous sinful existence did not stop God's love, why would our errors after having received the atonement, our justification, our redemption, our righteousness, our sanctification would sin separate us from the love of God.

Our errors may cause condemnation in our minds, but we are not talking about our minds or hearts, but God's love to us.

But of course the proper response to the grace of God is to change our ways and honor him. Is anyone not saying that, from either 'side'?

Interplanner

JUSTIFICATION is a one time event and it has NOTHING to do with you (or me for that matter). It is all about Jesus Christ and His Work on the Cross of Calvary which JUSTIFIED you before God.

If JUSTIFICATION was NOT a one time event, you (or I) would never be able to come into the presence of God---never---and I mean never.

Jesus Christ and His Work on the Cross of Calvary either JUSTIFIES you the first time or not. It is not a process.

I'm more in agreement than you may realize. It's why I said we have to continue to confess our need for his justification. It's the past tense people (past tense because of one confession) who irk me.

Justification therefore has a tremendously purifying power, because God has all the power in the relationship. He has provided the 'million dollars' (cp Mt 18:24) of forgiveness. The person who really 'gets' this will not be harsh about a debt of a few dollars owed them. If they are, they missed the point.

Cross Reference

"in Whom we have...,forgiveness of sins" (Ephesians 1:7 KJV)/ "hath forgiven" (not "forgives" as in needing to be forgiven)/"having forgiven" (Colossians 2:13 KJV). We were reconciled when enemies (Romans 5:10 KJV) and make no mistake about it: God forgave us for Christ's sake (Ephesians 2:4-6 KJV, Ephesians 4:32 KJV)!

This is, when we repent of them and ask for His forgiveness AND . . . remain in repentance!! That is what is what it means!

Cross Reference

"But as many
[righteous] as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that [merely] believe on his name" John 1:12 (KJV).

Because of the cross, the believing justified righteous have crossed over into a new birth existence where the Holy Spirit has been enabled to begin its work purposed resulting in glorified sons being presented to the Father. IOW's, the result of discipleship:

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?"Luke 14:26-28 (KJV)

OMT for the benefit of detractors: This is NOT about making it to heaven or escaping hell, or having to belong to any 'white knuckle club' or whatever else you believe the saying of the sinners prayer affords you for mouthing it.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
If peace is made with God by the cross for the righteous, why would you suppose the righteous would need a continued "justification"?

This is all crooked thinking, we are justified because we believed. It is our faith which is justified.

You have not believed yet for the good news is we have been sanctified FOR ALL TIME by a SINGLE OFFERING.

You don't believe that.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

"But as many
[righteous] as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that [merely] believe on his name" John 1:12 (KJV).

Because of the cross, the believing justified righteous have crossed over into a new birth existence where the Holy Spirit has been enabled to begin its work purposed resulting in glorified sons being presented to the Father. IOW's, the result of discipleship:

"If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple. For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?"Luke 14:26-28 (KJV)

OMT for the benefit of detractors: This is NOT about making it to heaven or escaping hell, or having to belong to any 'white knuckle club' or whatever else you believe the saying of the sinners prayer affords you for mouthing it.

Salvation is not discipleship. The church has NEVER been made up of disciples only, you can't show that it has from the gospels, acts or the epistles.

The greatest problem in the modern church is folks in ministry who were never called into ministry.

oatmeal

Wrong thinking for a wrong result.

God did no such thing. That only decree God made was a provision for fallen man's rescue, i.e., his redemption. After that it is by man's faith that man appropriates God's so great salvation. Here:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u48/Ormly/PathtoThrone-ship2-2.gif

Evidently, you do not know Romans 8:39.

That is too bad for your theology contradicts scripture.

If you have read Romans 8:39, why do you not believe it?

ZacharyB

The greatest problem in the modern church is folks in ministry who were never called into ministry.
Yes, this has been a disaster from the very beginning (post-apostles).
All credit goes to "the god/ruler of this world/age" deceiving sin-laden man!
Butski, Satan has NOT prevailed over the church, which still exists (sort of).

God's real church is made up of Spirit-led believers (in and out of church buildings).

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Sometimes Jesus said "Go THY way, thy faith hath saved thee" it is something about God that you know nothing about....God sets us GLORIOUSLY FREE.

You want to re-enslave them into your own discipleship

Cross Reference

Evidently, you do not know Romans 8:39.

That is too bad for your theology contradicts scripture.

If you have read Romans 8:39, why do you not believe it?

If you understood the Whole of Romans was written to dedicated men and women of God, committed to bringing glory to God, you just might make some necessary advancements in Christ for yourself.

genuineoriginal

The BEST thing one can do to understand his/her Bible better, with the Holy Spirit as a given, is retake those Language Arts/English classes and get A's and B's instead of C's and D's and F's.

John 7:15
15 And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, having never learned?​