ECT Destroying your understanding of a most favorite salvation passage

heir

TOL Subscriber
It has been laid out to you adnausm.
It's "ad nauseam" and no it hasn't! Making comments and nasty ones at that most of the time is not laying it out. Laying it out would be to tell me how it is that trusting the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is not enough to save me and then detailing how it is that I would be since you believe it's not enough. Now, lay it out.

Paul was complete in Him. You are not. You wish only to be complete in Paul while believing that is all that is necessary. Ergo, you have misread Paul.
All who believ Paul's gospel are complete "in Him" (in Him is in Christ, not Paul Colossians 2:10 KJV). Once again, you have said nothing.

ClimateSanity

filthy lies as usual!

Ephesians 1:3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

Ephesians 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love: ( see Rom 8:28-30 )

Ephesians 1:5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

Ephesians 1:6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Ephesians 1:7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

That's impossible for members of the Body of Christ!

Ephesians 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Ephesians 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Other than 1 Corinthians 6:9,10, what sins is he talking about? We are no longer under the law. If we do not hate our brother, we can safely assume we really trusted 1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 and not merely assented to it.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Other than 1 Corinthians 6:9,10, what sins is he talking about?
We are forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV). If you are asking what CR is talking about, good luck with that as he never lays anything out. He only comments.
We are no longer under the law.
true!
If we do not hate our brother, we can safely assume we really trusted 1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 and not merely assented to it.
How we feel about another does not negate trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17 KJV).

Cross Reference

It's "ad nauseam" and no it hasn't! Making comments and nasty ones at that most of the time is not laying it out. Laying it out would be to tell me how it is that trusting the Lord believing 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV is not enough to save me and then detailing how it is that I would be since you believe it's not enough. Now, lay it out.

All who believ Paul's gospel are complete "in Him" (in Him is in Christ, not Paul Colossians 2:10 KJV). Once again, you have said nothing.

But, I said all that I am going to say. You are incorrigible.

ClimateSanity

We are forgiven all trespasses (Colossians 2:13 KJV). If you are asking what CR is talking about, good luck with that as he never lays anything out. He only comments. true!How we feel about another does not negate trusting the Lord believing the gospel of Christ (1 Corinthians 15:1-4 KJV). Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17 KJV).

Hate is more than a feeling. No true Christian seeks Ill of his neighbor. If we really trust the Gospel of Christ, we won't behave the way Paul says of those who won't inherit the kingdom of God. Does this mean a single act of fornication or idolatry will remove ones salvation? No. The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation. If a person is still hating his brother and being an idolator, the power of God was never applied to his life. It must be so, otherwise God is puny with no power at all.

heir

TOL Subscriber
Hate is more than a feeling. No true Christian seeks Ill of his neighbor.
Love worketh no ill to his neighbor, but again this does not negate whether or not a person is saved.
If we really trust the Gospel of Christ, we won't behave the way
You're placing a lot on what someone does to tell you whether or not they are saved. You can't do that as we are not saved by what we do or don't do, but by the Lord's faith and work (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV).

Paul says of those who won't inherit the kingdom of God.
No, he doesn't. Paul lists a number of things that people do in an "unrighteous" state, but if you are saved are you not washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God (1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV)? Believers today have the righteousness of God upon us (Romans 3:21-22 KJV)! We are not unrighteous! And if you are unrighteous, you aren't saved and need His righteousness as you have none (Romans 3:10 KJV). And how does Paul tell us we have it upon us? The answer is simple: "believe"!
Does this mean a single act of fornication or idolatry will remove ones salvation? No. The gospel of Christ is the power of God unto salvation. If a person is still hating his brother and being an idolator, the power of God was never applied to his life. It must be so, otherwise God is puny with no power at all.
What someone does in service to the Lord must never be confused with salvation itself which is what you seem to be judging people by as to whether they are saved or not. Our works do not enter that picture! It is by the testimony of one's mouth that is a good indicator if one is saved. What do they say about the gospel that Paul preached? What is their testimony of our Lord and of His prisoner Paul?

ClimateSanity

Love worketh no ill to his neighbor, but again this does not negate whether or not a person is saved. You're placing a lot on what someone does to tell you whether or not they are saved. You can't do that as we are not saved by what we do or don't do, but by the Lord's faith and work (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV).

No, he doesn't. Paul lists a number of things that people do in an "unrighteous" state, but if you are saved are you not washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God (1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV)? Believers today have the righteousness of God upon us (Romans 3:21-22 KJV)! We are not unrighteous! And if you are unrighteous, you aren't saved and need His righteousness as you have none (Romans 3:10 KJV). And how does Paul tell us we have it upon us? The answer is simple: "believe"!What someone does in service to the Lord must never be confused with salvation itself which is what you seem to be judging people by as to whether they are saved or not. Our works do not enter that picture! It is by the testimony of one's mouth that is a good indicator if one is saved. What do they say about the gospel that Paul preached? What is their testimony of our Lord and of His prisoner Paul?

What do you believe Paul is saying in 1 Corinthians 6: 9,10 then?

glorydaz

Love worketh no ill to his neighbor, but again this does not negate whether or not a person is saved. You're placing a lot on what someone does to tell you whether or not they are saved. You can't do that as we are not saved by what we do or don't do, but by the Lord's faith and work (Ephesians 2:8-9 KJV, Titus 3:5-7 KJV).

No, he doesn't. Paul lists a number of things that people do in an "unrighteous" state, but if you are saved are you not washed, sanctified, and justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God (1 Corinthians 6:11 KJV)? Believers today have the righteousness of God upon us (Romans 3:21-22 KJV)! We are not unrighteous! And if you are unrighteous, you aren't saved and need His righteousness as you have none (Romans 3:10 KJV). And how does Paul tell us we have it upon us? The answer is simple: "believe"!What someone does in service to the Lord must never be confused with salvation itself which is what you seem to be judging people by as to whether they are saved or not. Our works do not enter that picture! It is by the testimony of one's mouth that is a good indicator if one is saved. What do they say about the gospel that Paul preached? What is their testimony of our Lord and of His prisoner Paul?

Well said. Paul explains it so well in this text.

1 Cor. 3
(11)For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ. (12) Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble; (13) Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. (14) If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. (15) If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.​

heir

TOL Subscriber
What do you believe Paul is saying in 1 Corinthians 6: 9,10 then?
1 Corinthians is a letter of rebuke to the Corinthians who are a mixed bag of believers (not necessarily in the Body of Christ). Paul is reminding the saved of who they are in Christ, which is the conclusion to the syllogism that you only quoted in part.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Romans 8:
28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God,
to those who are the called according to His purpose.
29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the
image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called,
these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.”

“This verse (28) surely ranks as one of the greatest verses in the New Testament.
… If we do not love God and are not called according to His purpose, then the
promise of this verse is not for us. … Here (in 29) we see God’s main purpose in
working for our good in all things. His ultimate purpose for all of us who believe
is that we might be conformed to the likeness of His Son … that is, that we should
become like His Son Jesus.”
(The Applied New Testament Commentary, Dr. Thomas Hale, Chariot/Victor Publishing, 1996)

Jesus said those who love God will keep His commandments!
“If you love Me, keep My commandments …
He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me.
And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him
… If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him
… He who does not love Me does not keep My words” (John 14:15-24)

“Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man
the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.” (1 Cor 2:9)
“But if anyone loves God, this one is known by Him.” (1 Corinthians 8:3)

Continuing on 6 verses down …

Romans 8:
35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress,
or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities
nor powers, nor things present nor things to come,
39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us
from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

“No one can separate us! Except for sin, there is no other circumstance in this life that can
separate believers in Christ from God’s love … there is, in fact, one thing – a thing which God
did not create – that certainly can separate them from God’s love. And that one thing is sin.
If we continue knowingly in some sin and refuse to repent of it, that sin will most definitely
separate us from God’s love and bring upon us God’s terrible wrath and judgment.
Before we were Christians, we were separated from God because of sin. We were God’s
enemies. Then, after repenting of our sins and believing in Christ, we were reconciled to God.
But, if we fall back into sin and continue in it knowingly without repenting, we are in danger
of again becoming separated from God. And on the day of judgment, that separation will
become permanent. Of all the promises in the Bible, the promise of verses 38-39 is one
of the greatest. But we must not think about a promise without also thinking about
the conditions of that promise. It is good to remember the promises of the Bible,
but we must not forget the warnings!”
(The Applied New Testament Commentary, Dr. Thomas Hale, Chariot/Victor Publishing, 1996)

Therefore, I suggest that you come out from under the leadership of the hireling who
is pretending to shepherd you scripturally, and come into the light of the Scriptures!
And start up a serious home group of enlightened believers.

“conduct yourselves throughout the time of your stay here in fear” (1 Peter 1:17)
“For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are open to their prayers;
but the face of the Lord is against those (everyone!) who do evil.” (1 Peter 3:12)

Yes, everyone who is sinning without proper repentance is not righteous in God’s eyes!
So?

1 Peter 1:25 King James Version (KJV)

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for ever. And this is the word which by the gospel is preached unto you.

ClimateSanity

1 Corinthians is a letter of rebuke to the Corinthians who are a mixed bag of believers (not necessarily in the Body of Christ). Paul is reminding the saved of who they are in Christ, which is the conclusion to the syllogism that you only quoted in part.

1 Corinthians 6:11 And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Is being in Christ a guarantee of not actually behaving like the unrighteous? Or, is it who we are in the eyes of God, and Christlike behavior only manifests itself when we believe in our inner being who we are?