Deaths from gunfire USofA

Quetzal

I too am sick of these useless anti-American threads by the UK members. If they want to belabor this issue, why not do so on a UK forum. I'm sick of this!
Facts are facts, if you think they are incorrect you can post your own.

PureX

The idea that an "outsider" can never criticize we "insiders" is a sign of psychological dysfunction. It's just an excuse being used to avoid the possibility that the criticism is valid.

Quetzal

The idea that an "outsider" can never criticize we "insiders" is a sign of psychological dysfunction. It's just an excuse being used to avoid the possibility that the criticism is valid.
If anything, an outsiders perspective might be more accurate.

The Berean

The problem is that those "outsiders" usually don't seem to give a solutions to those things that they criticize. It takes no great courage or thought to criticize. Anyone can critisize. That's very easy. And sometimes the criticism is driven by smug arrogance.

To the "outsiders" please given us a solution to the large number of gun deaths in America. And I mean a detailed plan. And how would such a plan be implimented?

Truster

The prophets were killed for pointing out the sins of the people.

''There is nothing new under the sun''.

Truster

Gun ownership is a judgement from the Almighty so that scripture should be seen to be fulfilled. I for one rejoice in your blind stupidity for in it I see the power and glory of the Eternal Almighty who removes restraint from the wicked in judgement and uses the wicked to destroy the wicked....and the people live in fear.

Quetzal

The problem is that those "outsiders" usually don't seem to give a solutions to those things that they criticize. It takes no great courage or thought to criticize. Anyone can critisize. That's very easy. And sometimes the criticism is driven by smug arrogance.

To the "outsiders" please given us a solution to the large number of gun deaths in America. And I mean a detailed plan. And how would such a plan be implimented?
An impossible task for anyone. This is a problem without a solution that can summed up on a forum post and you know it.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
An impossible task for anyone. This is a problem without a solution that can summed up on a forum post and you know it.

the solution is obvious

it's also politically incorrect

Guns_race.png

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Indeed ... they also show a lack of concern over the lives of responsible gun owners and the handicap they would be imposing on them by making firearms illegal.

After all, the only thing that would be accomplished is no defense against the weapon-toting criminals (who would still have access to guns).

Truster

The solution is obvious....destroy your gun. Don't worry about others you get rid and that'll be one less. Teach your children that public ownership of weapons is wrong even if your constitution says its lawful.

Quetzal

The solution is obvious....destroy your gun. Don't worry about others you get rid and that'll be one less. Teach your children that public ownership of weapons is wrong even if your constitution says its lawful.
Gotta be more creative than that. As much as I hate the right wing boys, they are right. Lawful citizens surrendering their firearms won't do much of anything due to the sheer number of firearms in circulation. In order to go that route, it would have to be a nationwide seizure of arms. That will never happen...

Truster

Gotta be more creative than that. As much as I hate the right wing boys, they are right. Lawful citizens surrendering their firearms won't do much of anything due to the sheer number of firearms in circulation. In order to go that route, it would have to be a nationwide seizure of arms. That will never happen...

In which case you are standing in the way of doing what is right.

Quetzal

In which case you are standing in the way of doing what is right.
Maybe, maybe not. Remember, this idea only works if everyone decides to play by the rules. Let's face it, not everyone is going to. Right now, it isn't about right and wrong. It is about what is a practical solution, one that isn't readily apparent right now.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

ok - i've destroyed my gun

now what?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

You may not have seen many "lifetime' movies? They usually have a woman screaming because a man is in her home and trying to harm her. Only the weak allow themselves to be physically vulnerable. There are ways to live without a gun, such as a house with no windows and a safe-like door, and never go outside; now that seems a little odd to me.

Not me, I would shoot them. My favorite movies are when women shoot the bad guy in the end, such as "The Jagged Edge" She comes to know who is really the killer, and she calls her tough man friend, but she hesitates, better to take care of it herself!

I used to teach women handgun defense. My one rule was 'the bigger the body size difference, the bigger the weapon you need'.

PureX

No one here wants any solutions. I have spelled out solutions to the gun insanity on TOL many times, and so have others, and it sails right over the gun-nutter's heads. They don't want to hear anything about any solutions. They are absurdly extremist, to the point of complete irrationality and intractability.

The other nations of the world are looking at the United States in dismay. And we are so insane about our guns that we can't even answer them coherently. All we can do is sling insults at them. Like a bunch of blind monkeys throwing their turds.

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
That's what's wrong with the world today....Nobody listens to PureX. :plain:

Quetzal

That's what's wrong with the world today....Nobody listens to PureX. :plain:
While many are not listening to PureX, per se, they are doing exactly what he (and Truster) are referring to. It is true, that the US is one of the outliers when it comes to gun culture.