Deaths from gunfire USofA

Truster

So many people die annually from gunfire in the US that the death toll between 1968 and 2011 eclipses all wars ever fought by the country.

According to research by Politifact, there were about 1.4 million firearm deaths in that period, compared with 1.2 million US deaths in every conflict from the Revolutionary War to Iraq.

Source: Politifact.

Truster

Gun violence and terrorism:

The US spends more than a trillion dollars per year defending itself against terrorism, which kills a tiny fraction of the number of people killed by ordinary gun crime.

According to figures from the US Department of Justice and the Council on Foreign Affairs, 11,385 people died on average annually in firearm incidents in the US between 2001 and 2011.

In the same period, an average of 517 people were killed annually in terrorism-related incidents. Removing 2001, when 9/11 occurred, from the calculation produces an annual average of just 31.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Removing 2001, when 9/11 occurred, from the calculation produces an annual average of just 31.

Whatever you need to cook the books. Hey faggot man, the US is immoral and removed the death penalty. Then murder skyrocketed. Then it was brought back. And it is slowly on the decline.

But a mental and spiritual midget and girl like you wouldn't know any better.

bybee

Whatever you need to cook the books. Hey faggot man, the US is immoral and removed the death penalty. Then murder skyrocketed. Then it was brought back. And it is slowly on the decline.

But a mental and spiritual midget and girl like you wouldn't know any better.

I think he ought to concern himself with his own country and let us take care of our own business.!!!
Because that is exactly what we are going to do!

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I too am sick of these useless anti-American threads by the UK members. If they want to belabor this issue, why not do so on a UK forum. I'm sick of this!

Truster

I too am sick of these useless anti-American threads by the UK members. If they want to belabor this issue, why not do so on a UK forum. I'm sick of this!

It's not anti American it's just some facts and figures. What is it about death by firearms that you seem to find so repulsive and yet seem to support?

Truster

I think he ought to concern himself with his own country and let us take care of our own business.!!!

''But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man''.

Truster

It has been suggested that if an IQ test were part of the gun permit application and those below the average were turned down it would solve the problem.

The problem in the US isn't the readily available weapons, but the ignorant people who use them to force their will on others. Criminals, militants, etc. If the government said, "You want to own a gun? You must first pass this IQ test!" I seriously doubt the problems that are normally attributed to a lack of gun control would ever take place.

Guns don't kill people... ignorant people kill people. If I had to guess, I would say the average IQ of a gun owner hovers in the low 80s. Not stupid, but not exactly the top ten percent of the country's intelligentsia.

(National Survey on Private Ownership and Use of Firearms).

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
So many people die annually from gunfire in the US that the death toll between 1968 and 2011 eclipses all wars ever fought by the country.

1968 was just a few years after SCOTUS ruled to remove prayer from public schools (welcome to our Godless society).

Since 1963 violent crime has increased 544%.
http://www.inplainsite.org/what_happened_when_the_praying.html

I am very pleased that many County Sheriffs throughout our gun loving country are encouraging citizens of their respective county to carry a gun with them everywhere that they go (provided they have a CCW permit and feel comfortable doing so).

Decisions, decisions. Should I carry a little snub nosed 38, a bigger 357 Magnum or go with a 9mm Truster?

Truster

People carry weapons because they are frightened that the Almighty is going to visit them in His wrath. They think that a gun will be a defence against His judgements.

Truster

Total fatalities from police shootings in England & Wales in last 24 years = 55

Total fatalities from police shooting in the first 24 days of 2015 = 59

Truster

It has been suggested that if an IQ test were part of the gun permit application and those below the average were turned down it would solve the problem.

The problem in the US isn't the readily available weapons, but the ignorant people who use them to force their will on others. Criminals, militants, etc. If the government said, "You want to own a gun? You must first pass this IQ test!" I seriously doubt the problems that are normally attributed to a lack of gun control would ever take place.

Guns don't kill people... ignorant people kill people. If I had to guess, I would say the average IQ of a gun owner hovers in the low 80s. Not stupid, but not exactly the top ten percent of the country's intelligentsia.

(National Survey on Private Ownership and Use of Firearms).

US Court Ruled You Can Be “Too Smart” to Be a Cop.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Total fatalities from police shootings in England & Wales in last 24 years = 55

Total fatalities from police shooting in the first 24 days of 2015 = 59

tell ya what - howzabout we ship all of our innercity gangbangers over to you?

PureX

12313896_503072993211692_3663423903224933870_n.png

GuySmiley

I never think about the UK. I've never been concerned with what laws the UK has. The UK doesn't matter to me.