Dead tiger bigger victim than dead man?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
I remember seeing this story on the news.....if I remember correctly it seemed pretty clear that the one who got killed and a few others who were injured were responsible for both enraging the animal, and it's escape......am I wrong about that? :think:
It was my understanding that two people were taunting the tiger. The tiger got out and started to attack them and then another person who wasn't involved in the taunting got the tiger off the others by distracting the tiger and then the tiger killed him. I could be wrong though. :idunno: (I didn't read the entire thread yet so maybe this has already been answered)

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It was my understanding that two people were taunting the tiger. The tiger got out and started to attack them and then another person who wasn't involved in the taunting got the tiger off the others by distracting the tiger and then the tiger killed him. I could be wrong though. :idunno: (I didn't read the entire thread yet so maybe this has already been answered)
All I have heard is speculation.

All I have heard is people trying to defend the tiger because they just "can't imagine" the tiger would attack anyone for no reason.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
All I have heard is speculation.

All I have heard is people trying to defend the tiger because they just "can't imagine" the tiger would attack anyone for no reason.
We'll probably never know exactly what happened. But one thing we might be able to know is if the tiger had any history at all of attacks or hostility towards humans. Does anyone know about that?

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I defend the tigers for being tigers. But not people for being ignorant....

TIGER, tiger, burning bright
In the forests of the night,
What immortal hand or eye
Could frame thy fearful symmetry?

Real Sorceror

So the guy got drunk and started shooting sling bullets at a tiger? :plain:

While I appreciate the fact that he had the decency to remove himself from the gene pool, I am a bit miffed that he had to put other people and animals in mortal danger.

koban

We'll probably never know exactly what happened. But one thing we might be able to know is if the tiger had any history at all of attacks or hostility towards humans. Does anyone know about that?

I dunno - does eating part of one of it's handlers count?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Yes.

The same tiger ate a zoo-keepers arm off last December (2006).

The same tiger, a 4-year-old female named Tatiana, ripped the flesh off a zookeeper's arm just before Christmas a year ago while the woman was feeding the animal through the bars. A state investigation faulted the zoo, which installed better equipment at the Lion House, where the big cats are kept.​

source

Gee... this Tiger can do no wrong!

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Yes.

The same tiger, a 4-year-old female named Tatiana, ripped the flesh off a zookeeper's arm just before Christmas a year ago while the woman was feeding the animal through the bars. A state investigation faulted the zoo, which installed better equipment at the Lion House, where the big cats are kept.​

source

No animal can do wrong OR right.
That's why it's called an animal.

From the same source:

"taunting can defintely make an animal more agressive."

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Yes.

source

So it does have at least one case of attacking. Like I said before, the bottom line is that we probably will never know exactly what happened. And while a tiger biting the arm of someone who is feeding it is far from jumping the fence and attacking people with no provocation are far from the same thing, animals are unpredictable and this particular one has attacked before so we shouldn't jump to put all the blame on the people.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
"taunting can defintely make an animal more agressive."
:duh: Hey retard who do you think your talking to?

Nobody is saying that taunting can't provoke an animal. What we are questioning is were these guys really taunting the animal or not? And if so, what were they doing? Did they help the animal out of the cage? If so, they deserve what they got, if not well then that's a different story altogether.

Right now it looks like everyone is really quick to smear the humans and justify the man-eating beast.

eveningsky339

The tiger was just doing what God made it to do-- eat the living snot out of everything that moves.

It ate more than just snot, actually, but you get the point... :jazz:

Of course, once it starts eating people... *pulls out high powered rifle*

BillyBob

BANNED
Banned
Yes.

If we ran an experiment where 100 zookeepers put their arms into a tigers cage while feeding them, I wonder how many of them would be nicknamed 'Stubby' afterwards? :think:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Nobody is saying that taunting can't provoke an animal. What we are questioning is were these guys really taunting the animal or not? And if so, what were they doing? Did they help the animal out of the cage? If so, they deserve what they got, if not well then that's a different story altogether.

Right now it looks like everyone is really quick to smear the humans and justify the man-eating beast.
Hey, devout Christian, who do you think you're talking to?

I said it doesn't matter a pitcher's worth of warm spit whether they taunted the animal or not. It's a wild animal.

Did that tiger-trainer in Las Vegas who was attacked onstage taunt his tiger? No. But it was a wild animal.

Believe me, there was a good reason why the tiger attacked those people and killed one of them.

Realizing this fact, feeling sorry for the tiger or saying the people got what they deserved does not mean that animals are more important than people or that people have no rights. You just enjoy impersonating the oppressed.

A "retard"? You called me a "retard." That's hurtful. I'm gonna tell the moderators.

Whatever happened to One-Eyed Jack? He's the one who used to answer posts like THIS:

You.
Nobody is saying that taunting can't provoke an animal.
I never said that it would not.
What we are questioning is were these guys really taunting the animal or not?
Who cares?
And if so, what were they doing?
They could have been saying "Bad! Bad Tiger! Do NOT attack and kill me!"
Did they help the animal out of the cage?
If they did they were stupid.
If so, they deserve what they got
They didn't deserve being mauled and killed by a tiger.
if not well then that's a different story altogether.
Not necessarily.
Right now it looks like everyone is really quick to smear the humans and justify the man-eating beast
No it doesn't.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If we ran an experiment where 100 zookeepers put their arms into a tigers cage while feeding them, I wonder how many of them would be nicknamed 'Stubby' afterwards? :think:
Some wild animals are really friendly. CUTE VIDEO ALERT!!!!
Friendly Lion
I wonder if this Lion is thinking... "Oh baby... you are gonna taste so good. Come on in this cage and let me hug ya even more". :chew:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Look, if you get drunk, climb an electric tower, take a whiz and get electrocuted, would you blame the tower?

No. But neither would I say that the tower is obviously the biggest victim (even if it was destroyed), nor would I say that my heart goes out to the electricians who "basically lost a family member." :freak: