Dead tiger bigger victim than dead man?

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Knight...your article is from the day of the attack, and contains information found later to be incorrect. the only people mauled were the young men suspected of taunting the tiger:
Of course!!!

Animal rights activists cannot fathom that maybe, just maybe, this tiger was out of control! The tiger did in fact threaten other people at the zoo that day and the tiger did in fact eat the arm off a zoo employee last December.

Read this quote carefully....
"In our heart of hearts, we all know something happened that day to provoke the tiger," San Francisco Deputy City Attorney Sean Connolly said in court"

TRANSLATION: We are going to make sure we exonerate this animal from any wrong doing and place all the blame on the evil, evil humans! Uh... they were drunk and they were taunting the tiger!!! How do we know? There was a bottle of alcohol in their car!! :doh:

C

cattyfan

Of course!!!

Animal rights activists cannot fathom that maybe, just maybe, this tiger was out of control! The tiger did in fact threaten other people at the zoo that day and the tiger did in fact eat the arm off a zoo employee last December.

"In our heart of hearts, we all know something happened that day to provoke the tiger," San Francisco Deputy City Attorney Sean Connolly said in court"

TRANSLATION: We are going to make sure we exonerate this animal from any wrong doing and place all the blame on the evil, evil humans! Uh... they were drunk and they were taunting the tiger!!! How do we know? There was a bottle of alcohol in their car!! :doh:

How should the tiger behave around what it considers to be prey?

Again: the idiots who were drunk and throwing things at the animal were out of line...and the zoo is at fault for not having a safe enclosure. The animal behaved normally.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How should the tiger behave around what it considers to be prey?
Every visitor to the zoo is prey for a tiger.

Again: the idiots who were drunk and throwing things at the animal were out of line...and the zoo is at fault for not having a safe enclosure. The animal behaved normally.
It will be interesting to see if there is actually any real evidence that shows these guys were trowing things at this tiger.

To me it sounds like animal rights nut-balls trying to smear these kids so the tiger looks like the innocent victim.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I will say this....

If it turns out that these tree guys actually helped the tiger out of it's cage, then they got what they deserved. HOWEVER, if it turns out that was not the case then clearly this is another instance of animal-nuts trying to make the animal look innocent and the humans look guilty (as usual).

yeshuafreak76

Wow! Everyone seems so quick to believe the ultra-liberal left-wing media that these kids deserved what they got. :nono:

I'm not saying they got what they deserve, because no human being deserves to die(except pedophiles and rapists). However, keeping the second most dangerous land born predator in a cage and expecting it to act domesticated is irrational thinking.

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I get real suspicious when I hear people say things like this....

"Jack Hanna said that since zoo tigers are well fed, it is unlikely the animal was looking for food when it got out. "Were they taunting the animal?" he said. "Were they throwing things that were making it angry?"

It sure seems to me that they are looking for a reason to blame to humans - those evil humans!!!! :madmad:

I wonder if Jack Hanna thinks the zoo-keeper was "taunting the tiger" when that same tiger ate a zoo-keepers arm off in December 2006. :think:

aikido7

BANNED
Banned

Who knows what triggers a wild animal's provocation? That's why they call them wild. What triggered the provocation that injured the tiger-trainer on the stage in Las Vegas? My TRANSLATION is that wild animals get provoked.

Some people see this through a narrow context and claim that the animal is blameless and the human is at fault or else they claim the animal is at fault and the humans are blameless. Your "TRANSLATION" is no translation. It says more about your own agenda than it does about what the city attorney said (which, knowing the way wild animals are--it is the truth. Something happened and the tiger got provoked).

Other people see the tragedy through the context of people getting mauled by a tiger which is a beautiful animal that is on the endangerd species list. There is no "anti-human agenda here." That's a little silly, don't you agree? Maybe an "anti-ignorant" agenda, though! ;)

yeshuafreak76

"Jack Hanna said that since zoo tigers are well fed, it is unlikely the animal was looking for food when it got out. "Were they taunting the animal?" he said. "Were they throwing things that were making it angry?"

It sure seems to me that they are looking for a reason to blame to humans - those evil humans!!!! :madmad:

I wonder if Jack Hanna thinks the zoo-keeper was "taunting the tiger" when that same tiger ate a zoo-keepers arm off in December 2006. :think:

I understand, but no one should be surprised when something like this happens. Animals, predators particularly, are violent. Animals like tigers, lions, bears and wolves should never be displayed for public amusement.

koban

"Jack Hanna said that since zoo tigers are well fed, it is unlikely the animal was looking for food when it got out.

Did the tiger eat Sousa? No, it didn't.

"Were they taunting the animal?" he said. "Were they throwing things that were making it angry?"

It certainly looks like there is some evidence they may have.

Boy, now you really have me confused. I thought humans were evil, sinful creatures. Or do you know for a fact that Sousa and friends were in Christ? And if so, wouldn't you have to accept this as an act of God?

Here's the official version:

History and first attack
Tatiana was born in Denver on June 27, 2003. She was brought to the San Francisco Zoo on December 16, 2005 to provide another Siberian tiger with companionship.[2] On December 22, 2006, Tatiana attacked zookeeper Lori Komejan while being hand-fed through cage bars during a public feeding.[2] Komejan's right arm was severely injured as a result of this attack,[3] and the California Occupational Safety and Health Administration later found the zoo at fault due to inadequate safety precautions and inadequate staff training.[4] The San Francisco Zoo was fined US$18,000 for the incident.[5] The Zoo decided not to destroy Tatiana because, in the words of then Zoo director M. Mollinedo, "the tiger was acting as a normal tiger does."[6]

eveningsky339

It's certainly unfortunate for the tiger, who was only acting on instinct, but there is no comparison with a human life.

Da poor kitty... :eek:

Last edited:

koban

Look, if you get drunk, climb an electric tower, take a whiz and get electrocuted, would you blame the tower?

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame
Look, if you get drunk, climb an electric tower, take a whiz and get electrocuted, would you blame the tower?

If you give a gun to Doogie Talons, and Doogie Talons shoots somebody; do you blame Doogie Talons?? :think:

Last edited: