DAYSTAR movie of the week discussion thread

Interplanner

19th: It does change the formula to 'disappear' into interview. The drama becomes barebones.

30th: we need to know what is going on in a characters mind as much as we need the contents of the interviews.

Interplanner

33rd: that's a great line by the huge pink lips: 'I've been a lesbian for the last 20 minutes'

37th: the gay guy who left was a more interesting character arc to follow. There could be quite a good drama just about him. But the film is asking a great question: would other Christians protect others in a potential violent attack no matter the other victims background?

Interplanner

44th: running out of gas is a contrivance

end: the story development is too efficient, making it trite. Trite means there is no time to enjoy things along the way; it's all business; every line has to be explosive, or else it is wasting time. I'm not expecting the other two Ray Comfort films to be drama, so they will probably be more enjoyable, because they will just be didactic content.

Interplanner

Overall: it's a worthwhile effort, and very succinct, yet full feature drama has a way of planting itself in our minds, not because we heard a pile of scriptures, but because the true meanderings of human nature are captured and shown.

The material should be separated into interview/doc and drama, and the drama should be fuller, richer.

Interplanner

5th: unfortunately the end of the world is reduced to several easy or trite signs, that aren't necessarily about now. It is also using Mt 24A about us now, while it is about that generation. The kinds of signs have been around for every generation.

14th: another title for this piece would have been better...it is ranging quite a ways from Noah's flood

Interplanner

19th: a good summary of the science of the earth but there is so much material that should be pushed on students at this time. But it was only one of 10 signs.

25th: lots of direct hits delivered in rapid-fire. The advantage of silence in film (in drama) is that the viewer processes and takes steps. Like the modern orchestral composer who said: the composer has two weapons: sound and silence. So this is a very earnest A-type personality kind of material, that wants to 'close' the deal. It should enrich itself and its viewers with the full range of drama.

Next week: OPEN MY EYES, faith and forgiveness in the hardest of hearts

Interplanner

Sat.Apr.29.4pm PST on Daystar (DirecTV 369)

OPEN MY EYES

A freak accident leaves a man blind and forces him to reconsider what love and beauty truly mean.

Trailer showed an increasing level of production quality.

See you here.

SaulToPaul 2

Sat.Apr.29.4pm PST on Daystar (DirecTV 369)

OPEN MY EYES

A freak accident leaves a man blind and forces him to reconsider what love and beauty truly mean.

Trailer showed an increasing level of production quality.

See you here.

Another Marcus Lamb feelgood flick?

Interplanner

The purpose of each session is production discussion. If you are not here for that, and believe in respect, please find another place to express yourself.

Interplanner

15th: scraping a few times on dialogue but the bar atmosphere was achieved. A few more background lines might have helped that come back in to the script in a a few minutes.

21st: a bit rough connection to the church; the dialogue is short, terse, sparse; could help by filling out

Interplanner

43rd: Still a few weak spots, but the full range of each character is coming out. The storyline is setting up for huge contrasts if it wants them later. Everyone's on pins and needles around the guy as expected.

50th: action would help these conversations that are rough and deadended, but we've been stuck in several minutes of conversation

Interplanner

76th: still spots that slow down and carry another atmosphere than the story. Can't tell if it is the writing or the editing.

86th: the montage back in Abi's kitchen was very simple and poignant.
I like how the writer has captured a very simple unbeliever's motto and got several miles out of it: 'better to hurt than to be hurt.'

Interplanner

Overall:
on story, I don't know that that much damage would be caused by Abbey not saying exactly who she was at first; a person can be discreet about their past and still be helpful to the unbelieving seeker.

on the personal assistant, she didn't get her last stab at Abbey, as expected

I think the stiltedness of conversations or of how the group interacted with each other comes down to the pace of the editing; it really has to match the mood.

Interplanner

SHORT FILLER:

Title: FORECLOSED

Great pace and editing and 'problem'. The acting is way above average. This level of quality needs to be in the feature films, or else they need to be shorts!