DAYSTAR movie of the week discussion thread

Interplanner

32nd: enjoying the music more than last time on CLANCY, two weeks ago.

36th: Not sure if Moore does the casting but he hits the nail on the head on it, on minor roles as much as mains.

Interplanner

46th: excellent way of notching up the 'heavy' parts of the film.

51st: there is a subtext on male--female issues as well as the plots conflicts

Interplanner

Overall, I find myself comparing this to ROAD TO REDEMPTION which is probably the first Christian comedy production I recall seeing, and which actually worked (the pacing of mood back and forth between comedy and the need for a Christian statement). This piece's sense of humor is drier, but I personally like that. But the story is crammed with conflicts and resolutions, which makes it so great.

The minor roles by Moore have all been just top quality casting and performing--little miniature theaters or cartoons in themselves.

I was reminded of THE GODS MUST BE CRAZY at certain intersections.

Interplanner

Sat.Apr.15.2017 4pm PST

Daystar TV is on DirecTV 369

THE SOUND OF THE SPIRIT

A 12 year old Jewish girl learns about faith after the death of her father.

Hope to see you there.

Want to talk about a story idea? One production co. has a budget of $5M for a 'faith-based, family-friendly' script this week in a writer's display archive newssheet.

Interplanner

Underway with THE SOUND OF THE SPIRIT

The intro dove right into conflict,--theological conflict. This can lose a lot of people. I was expecting a story first.

12th: well, at least the writer knows that the disagreements are not too much fun to listen through

Interplanner

23rd: a bit of unnatural conversation pacing

35th: wow, 6th graders who know some Shakespeare characters and their dilemmas!

Interplanner

38th: not sure if this is how 12 yr olds talk

47th: I'm not sure of the inner workings in Judaism, but it seems surprising that she would go to the uncle's synagogue for the Bat' Mitzpah.

Overall the whole conversation needs professional help to get off of its stilts

Interplanner

54th: it has the potential to erupt into conflict, but it will be a bit strange to have it expressed by 12 year olds and inter-tangled with their interest in each other

63rd: if they intended to cast the debate over Rifka's trip as a bunch of quick hotheads, it was right on target. Some might say it would be a stereotype.

Interplanner

67th: do Christians think Isaiah 53 is about Christians persecuting Jews?

77th: just like the Israel trip was going to be the final test of what people believed, now it is the Bat' Mitzvah is the final test. I'm not sure I follow that!

There is also the line about not being Jewish anymore as a Christian. It's still a problem for the same reason that all the various denominations are a problem. Why does the distinctive have to keep sticking out when it is the truth in Christ that matters and unifies?

Interplanner

94th: perfect music selection for the mood

101st: does the issue get resolved in a situation like this? It hurts the brain a little to think that the issue of relating Judaism and the Gospel is resolved for everyone by this person's case.

Interplanner

Final: the orchestration of the emotional elements was powerful, with traditional Judaism winning the race, so to speak. It is difficult to call this a real discussion of the questions. What's not to love here about all these nice, attractive people? Or who is going to object to the love section of I Cor 13?

Next week: an interview doc on homosexuality, and two shorts. The main feature is AUDACITY by Roy Comfort.
https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...YID10288__161108__yaff&p=Audacity+documentary

Interplanner

Sat.Apr.22.2017 4pm EST
DAYSTAR is DirecTV 369

AUDACITY
Doc/interviews
The socially sensitive topic of homosexuality is discussed. 1 hour.

The 2 hour block will also contain a short on Noah's Flood.

See you there.