Date of Christ's Crucifixion & Resurrection

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
He said it couldn't have happened that way for another 2500 years. He called it God just showing off. lol

Here's another example.

In 458 BCE Artaxerxes authorized Ezra and a large number of Jews to return to Jerusalem.

Gabriel had told Daniel, "Know therefore and understand that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks and threescore and two weeks, the street shall be built again and the wall, even in troublous times." (Daniel 9:25)

From Artaxerxes decree until Messiah the Prince was to be 483 years. 483 years minus 458 BCE brings us to 25 CE. There was no year zero so we must add one year giving 26 CE for the coming of Messiah.

Gabriel said, "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease."

Jesus' ministry was about three and one-half years so 26 CE plus three years gives 29 CE and another half year brings us to 30 CE.

In the year 30 CE the 15th of Nisan was on a Thursday. (usno.navy.mil/astronomical applications> data services> Spring Phenomena 25 BCE to 38 CE)

Jesus was crucified on Wednesday and laid in the tomb as the Sabbath began. A trumpet signaled the beginning of the holy day Sabbath.

Three days and three nights later a trumpet sounded marking the end of the Sabbath, Sunday began and Jesus was resurrected.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Here's another example.

In 458 BCE Artaxerxes authorized Ezra and a large number of Jews to return to Jerusalem.

Gabriel had told Daniel, "Know therefore and understand that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks and threescore and two weeks, the street shall be built again and the wall, even in troublous times." (Daniel 9:25)

From Artaxerxes decree until Messiah the Prince was to be 483 years. 483 years minus 458 BCE brings us to 25 CE. There was no year zero so we must add one year giving 26 CE for the coming of Messiah.

Gabriel said, "And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease."

Jesus' ministry was about three and one-half years so 26 CE plus three years gives 29 CE and another half year brings us to 30 CE.

In the year 30 CE the 15th of Nisan was on a Thursday. (usno.navy.mil/astronomical applications> data services> Spring Phenomena 25 BCE to 38 CE)

Jesus was crucified on Wednesday and laid in the tomb as the Sabbath began. A trumpet signaled the beginning of the holy day Sabbath.

Three days and three nights later a trumpet sounded marking the end of the Sabbath, Sunday began and Jesus was resurrected.

I'm in agreement. It was taught to me by Gene Scott, do you know him by chance?

Letsargue

((((( Mark 16:9 KJV )))))!!!!!!!!

(( Watch Your N-E-W-S ))

PAUL, DAVID -- 022116

Jesus Died AND Buried:> (( Matthew 27:46 KJV )); And; (( Matthew 27:57-58 KJV ))!!!!! --- Read the Scriptures THERE!!!!
NOW!!! - Find Your Words in the Word of GOD That Proves M-E Wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

The Ninth Hour is 3:00 O'clock in the after noon, that Friday. He was Buried that evening // 6:00 O'clock that evening: ( Read IT )!!!!!!!

(( Watch Your N-E-W-S ))!!!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 022116

Last edited:

Letsargue

Crucifixion: March 28, 31 AD. Wednesday. late afternoon.

Resurrection: March 31, 31 AD. Saturday - early in the morning before sunrise.

THAT Calendar AND The Jewish Calendar A-R-E Different by 3 "TO" 4 Days, - It Varies!!! -- The first Day of the Jewish Calendar, is ""About"" - April 10th of the American Calendar!!!!!

(( Watch Your N-E-W-S ))!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 022116

Faither

BANNED
Banned
No, but I would like to hear about him.

He graduated in 2005. His wife took over the ministry and has been teaching ever since. She is no slouch either, But Gene Scotts teachings spoke directly to what I was experiencing as a follower of Christ. Just google Dr. Gene Scott, and you'll learn all about him.

Disclaimer: I've never met anyone who could stand him, important to not look at the messenger, but to the message. If you check him out, let me know what you think.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Thanks Mr. Religion, and thanks for the links you forwarded to me earlier. I tried to message you , but my activities here are limited because of being new. I'm excited to hear some of your understandings. It takes some steel to call yourself Mr. Religion. I hope you don't disappoint.

For me , I can tell a lot by the gifted teacher they have, or maybe you are a gifted teacher. Am I out of line to ask this already?
Kind words here. Thank you.

The username stems from a venture of mine dating back to 1994 when just electronic bulletin boards and the like dominated using modem dial-ups. The AMR venture was and is an all-volunteer activity that answers questions related to all topics of various religions. The now evolved AMR service also provides, fee-based, non-attributed, custom theological research for academicians and seminarians from time to time. Basically we do the heavy-lifting research of original sources, provide summaries and opinions, for others who need this sort of thing.

AMR

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Where in scripture does it say he died on Friday and rose on Sunday?

You can pick up any Bible almanac and they will all say the same thing. That is the universal standard of when Jesus died and rose.

^
Most typically, when a person resorts to saying 'where in scripture...' when their contrary notion is not mentioned in scripture either, it means they are wrong.
There should be an internet law on it :chuckle:

everready

Stick with this and you won't go wrong.

Galatians 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law,

5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

everready

Letsargue

Where in scripture does it say he died on Friday and rose on Sunday?

((( I Showed You On "POST' -- 43, here on this Thread!!!!! )))!!!!!

You can ASK any Phony Stupid So-called "Christian", and "H-E" CAN'T ANSWER Anything with any SMARTS AT ALL!!!!

((( Watch Your N-E-W-S )))!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 022116

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Kind words here. Thank you.

The username stems from a venture of mine dating back to 1994 when just electronic bulletin boards and the like dominated using modem dial-ups. The AMR venture was and is an all-volunteer activity that answers questions related to all topics of various religions. The now evolved AMR service also provides, fee-based, non-attributed, custom theological research for academicians and seminarians from time to time. Basically we do the heavy-lifting research of original sources, provide summaries and opinions, for others who need this sort of thing.

AMR

Do you know Gene Scott by chance? One of his close friends I believe has a small bible museum in Arizona.

achduke

You can pick up any Bible almanac and they will all say the same thing. That is the universal standard of when Jesus died and rose.

^
Most typically, when a person resorts to saying 'where in scripture...' when their contrary notion is not mentioned in scripture either, it means they are wrong.
There should be an internet law on it :chuckle:
There is no good Friday in the bible. There is no easter Sunday. Christ is the passover lamb. Not the Easter lamb. Your Friday and Sunday do not match the passover that God specified.

Letsargue

That's a great post to argue about, probably should find another person to do that with though. Best to find someone else that has been self taught.

ARGUE ABOUT??????

Argue About W-H-A-T??????????

God Just SAYS What HE SAYS. - Can't a Single One of You Believe What G-O-D SAYS???? -- Just a SIMPLE Question and Nothing But "Stoop Heading" by Every One!!!!!! - What a Phony Christian Bunch!!!!!!!!

You ALL Can't Respond to Anything???????
Take this P-L-A-C-E, -- I"M GOOOONNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!

(( WATCH YOUR N-E-W-S ))!!!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 022116

Faither

BANNED
Banned
ARGUE ABOUT??????

God Just SAYS What HE SAYS. - Can't a Single One of You Believe What G-O-D SAYS???? -- Just a SIMPLE Question and Nothing But "Stoop Heading" by Every One!!!!!! - What a Phony Christian Bunch!!!!!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 022116

I'll tell you what. Let me ask you a question that is really important and will put our real self out on the table.

If we are in Christ, and He is in us, we have the mind of Christ. Tell me in your own words what that feels like. What are you experiencing in your own words that describes what its like to have the mind of Christ?

If you can't answer that in about 5 minutes don't bother.

Derf

ARGUE ABOUT??????

PAUL, DAVID -- 022116
Why are you calling yourself a GOON?