Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Hedshaker,

Hey, just thought I'd sent a note your way!!! How are you doing these days? It's been a week and some. Hope all is well and that you're happy. I'm always cheerful. It's just part of my nature. What's the weather like in England? Is it still cool? Our suburbs got some rain. We'll probably get ours soon enough. It takes turn every year during the monsoon, which is what we're going through. It happens every summer. It's because it's the desert here. We also get huge dust storms miles wide and high. They are called haboobs. If you are driving and one hits you, you are supposed to pull off to the right on the street and turn your lights off. This is so no one will rear end you because they are trying to "follow your lights." It's hard to explain. Our electricity went out twice today. It 2nd time happened just an hour ago. Got out the flashlights. The computers go off, but when the power goes back on, the computer is where you left it and you don't lose anything. Isn't that wonderful? Well, I'd best get going. You take good care and post soon.

Tons Of Love Coming Your Way!!

Michael
:cloud9: :cloud9: :angel: :angel: :thumb:

DavisBJ

Dear DavisBJ,

Are you saying that you like sushi?
No, I just mentioned it as an indicator of where I happen to be right now. But yes, I like it very much, as do a whole lot of people from across the world.
I've never had it. I'm afraid to try it. I can hardly imagine eating raw fish.
I am sure there are good sushi places in Phoenix. And any decent supermarket will probably have it for sale. Get some, and have someone show you how to eat it. If you find you like it then I can take you to a place here in Japan where we order Tuna (not sushi, and not filets, but just the head of the Tuna). I will show you how to rip into the head of the tuna where there is a surprising amount of meat, and how to eat some gelatinous, but nutritious and not bad tasting, material behind the tuna’s eyes.
I talked to 6days recently and we still cannot help but believe that God created everything in 6 days.
Which means, as already mentioned a few posts ago, that one of the themes (old earth) you vigorously defended when you started this thread, and which you repeatedly asserted was revealed to you, must have been bunkum nonsense. I am pretty sure 6days felt it was baloney the moment he saw you say it, and set out to disabuse you of that God-given heresy.
He can created black holes, if He likes.
The word “can” refers to the future, whereas the word “created” refers to the past. Quite a trickster God, that “can created” things.
Do you think there were black holes back when He first created the Universe?
Nope, since I don’t think “He” has ever been real.
You know it says and the evening and the morning were the 1st day, etc., up to 6th day. And on the 7th day, He rested. He did that to let man know to rest a day and not work every day, but to take a rest every 6 days.
God thinks we are incompetent to determine for ourselves what pattern of work and rest works well?
Well, I'll get going and post to you again soon. I'm trying to post to ALL of my good friends this evening and yesterday evening.
You do know that even though you initiated this thread, that does not impose an obligation on you to personally respond to every post?

Daniel1611

And

Dear Daniel,

It really seems to be true, Daniel. Did you get a chance to check out those photos of Pluto?? Look it up in your browser. Just type Pluto and it should go where you can find it. It is new news.

Much Love, In Christ,

Michael

:cloud9: :angel: :angel: :rapture:

Oh, well then! If they have pictures it must be true!

Have you ever seen pluto? Then how do you know that those are photos of pluto?

DavisBJ

Davis, thank you for giving me the information that you have. I am not so sure that I would know how to find out all of the information you've bestowed upon this thread for me to learn.
Get Tyson’s book.
So Mercury is twice the size of Pluto.
Twice the diameter, which means 8 times the volume.
So the first four planets are rocky.
There probably would have been a fifth rocky planet between Mars and Jupiter, but something prevented that, and left the asteroid belt instead.
How can Saturn hold together like it does, if it is a gas giant. And same with Jupiter.
Planets are “held together” by gravity. Lots of gas means lots of mass means lots of gravity.
Saturn is just breathtaking. It is so beautiful and has God's bow around it, just like the rainbow that He brings on the Earth.
Rainbows are totally different animals than rings composed of dust particles.
It's awesome that the inner 8 planets have a similar orbit!!
Actually, it is what you would expect to see if a solar system formed from a massive rotating cloud of gas and dust.
You must agree that there is some source of a God that had to create all of these phenomena.
Nope, I don’t agree. Mother Nature is all that is needed.
With a 'Big Bang', how could 8 planets conveniently orbit a Sun with such fine tuning without a Creator or Intelligent Being, or whatever you want to call Him.
The design of our solar system is as distantly a product of the big bang as your love of guitar music is a product of your great-great-great … great-grandpa’s love of tribal drums.
You think that all of this just happened magically.
Whoa, don’t push your defiance of natural laws over to my side of the court. We are the ones who don’t believe in “ala kazam, zap, touch a pile of mud called Adam and it comes alive” scenarios. That kind of magic is your shtick.
Are the moons of Pluto smaller than Pluto or larger?
By convention, moons are significantly smaller than their host planets. If they were close to the size of the planet, they would be considered some kind of binary planet system.
It's so hard to believe such a small rocky body could have any moons.
Pluto is more ice than rock. And a piece of dust could serve as a moon going around a marble if they were far enough away from other objects.
You take good care of yourself and let us be friends!!
Remember, good friends don’t let friends drive drunk. I will apply that same philosophy to your respect for accurate science as to the rules of the road. I may have to take away your scientific keys when you get to acting irresponsible.

gcthomas

And

Oh, well then! If they have pictures it must be true!

Have you ever seen pluto? Then how do you know that those are photos of pluto?

I've seen Pluto with my back garden 'scope! It was very faint, though. :(

By convention, moons are significantly smaller than their host planets. If they were close to the size of the planet, they would be considered some kind of binary planet system.

Charon is, you might be interested to hear, close enough to Pluto that they both orbit a point (the barycentre) between the two, so that Pluto is occasionally referred to as a double (dwarf) planet.

Daniel1611

I've seen Pluto with my back garden 'scope! It was very faint, though. :(.

Exactly . all we can see basically is a light where any planet is. We have to rely on NASA to show us these planets. As far as we know, pluto is a faint light. We don't know what it is. This NASA thing is all trekkie science fiction.

gcthomas

Exactly . all we can see basically is a light where any planet is. We have to rely on NASA to show us these planets. As far as we know, pluto is a faint light. We don't know what it is. This NASA thing is all trekkie science fiction.

No, we don't need to rely on NASA. There are many telescopes run by many independent non - government organisations and individuals that can see Pluto and its moon.

Why do you think NASA is the only scientific body in the world?

Daniel1611

No, we don't need to rely on NASA. There are many telescopes run by many independent non - government organisations and individuals that can see Pluto and its moon.

Why do you think NASA is the only scientific body in the world?

So they see in their independent telescopes what NASA just showed us in their pictures? Or they see a blur of light?

gcthomas

So they see in their independent telescopes what NASA just showed us in their pictures? Or they see a blur of light?

Here, as an example from a 20 second google search, an image of Pluto and is moon, together with detailed spectrographic analysis of its surface composition.

http://naoj.org/Pressrelease/1999/07/19/index.html

A little effort on your part will reveal a lot more independent research. But you are wedded to a NASA led worldwide conspiracy of millions, so you don't want to know the truth of the matter.

seehigh

Here, as an example from a 20 second google search, an image of Pluto and is moon, together with detailed spectrographic analysis of its surface composition.

http://naoj.org/Pressrelease/1999/07/19/index.html

A little effort on your part will reveal a lot more independent research. But you are wedded to a NASA led worldwide conspiracy of millions, so you don't want to know the truth of the matter.
Delusions are wonderful.

In waiting to hear about his ancestors who walked with dinosaurs, oh, about 6,000 years ago, or was it 5,000 or 4,500 or?

It's all so confusing:)

everready

Dear everready,

The man on the moon, like Buzz Aldrin being on the moon, was not just a story. Are you saying that Google says different? And the Van Allen Belt is causing our gravity? Could be. I've heard of that Belt also, but I don't know too much about it. I can go find out though. I do believe that the U.S. sent 3 men to the moon. Is that what you mean??

Michael

:angel: :cloud9: :guitar: :thumb: :rapture:

It was something i heard a few years ago Michael, then today doing a search i found this.

(VIDEO) NASA’s Orion Engineer Admits They Can’t Get Past Van Allen Radiation Belts
March 14, 2015 By 21wire 209 Comments
21st Century Wire says…

If this does not get the skeptics going wild on the moon debate, we don’t know what will.

In the video presentation below, NASA engineer Kelly Smith explains about many of the risks and pitfalls surrounding the new Orion Deep Space Mission to the planet Mars.

Surprisingly, chief among Kelly’s concerns is whether or not his spacecraft can successfully pass through the perilous Van Allen Radiation Belts. Such is the prospective danger in fact, that NASA will have to send a dumbie craft first in order to ‘test out’ what the potential radiation effects will be on future human crews, as well as on the ship’s delicate sensors and equipment.

Hold on. Why the guessing game by NASA? Why don’t they just use the same 1969 technology they are said to have used on the first Apollo moon missions?

SuperPerformance72 explains, “This video released by NASA about the upcoming Orion space exploration craft, shows a NASA scientist admitting that they still haven’t worked out how to properly shield the spacecraft from the radiation emitted from the Van Allen belts.”

http://21stcenturywire.com/2015/03/...they-cant-get-past-van-allen-radiation-belts/

everready

Daniel1611

Delusions are wonderful.

In waiting to hear about his ancestors who walked with dinosaurs, oh, about 6,000 years ago, or was it 5,000 or 4,500 or?

It's all so confusing:)

I'd like an explanation for ancient depictions and descriptions of what appear to be dinosaurs, often called "dragons" or other assorted names by the cultures that preserved images of them.

gcthomas

I'd like an explanation for ancient depictions and descriptions of what appear to be dinosaurs, often called "dragons" or other assorted names by the cultures that preserved images of them.

The last dino cave painting that came up on TOL turned out to be an eagle. Show us what you've got and I'll have a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.