Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

6days

No, I asked first for a time frame, when did the sun stand still---what year. Next I asked for some other cultures histories of this incredible happening. Still waiting for both.

Can you provide that?
Other cultures around the world have global flood stories and you don't find that compelling... So why would stories of a long day from 3000 years ago be compelling?

Also.... We don't know if this was a global event, or local.
"God may have caused the solar rays to linger over Palestine for the specified time. If God thus made the Sun to appear—from Joshua's perspective—to hang in the sky above Gibeon, it would be correct to report the event in such terms. Or second, it may be that the Sun (and indeed the entire solar system) was suspended miraculously for a day. Whether the miracle was local or universal is not specifically stated in the text. Either way, “there has been no day like that, before it or after it” (Joshua 10:14)"
http://www.apologeticspress.org/apcontent.aspx?category=11&article=1139

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I suspect that by "miracle" you mean "a supernatural event". Such is only sad, if one cannot accept God's hand in natural events. So it might be "sad" for you, but being realistic is not "sad" for me.

All believers make decisions regarding natural vs supernatural to a differing dynamic. Some default to "supernatural" when they are ignorant of the natural processes. Which is motivation for them to stay willfully ignorant of natural processes when they contradict their dogmatic theological beliefs.

I make no decision regarding natural/supernatural on things with which I am unfamiliar. Though from my experience 99.9+% of the things I have seen in life are natural processes. I do not reject, as you do, God's hand in natural processes.

What percentage of things in your life would you say are "supernatural"?

You might be able to fool yourself and other less than aware individuals like Stripe and Michaeltawdry, but you do not fool me.

If 6days knows Jesus Christ, from his own experience, he has more than you, and his share of supernatural experiences. I can see you haven't had such a thing noguru.

I have had an unusual share of supernatural experiences. I am extremely blessed, but you have no idea what I've had to suffer having Satan fighting me, and other people like you, all of the time. Satan is trying extremely hard to keep it all from happening. He is trying very hard to keep people from believing that Jesus is coming soon, among other things, like causing people hell, whether spiritual, mental or physical. Those things will happen to the ones who are GOING to HEAVEN. Those who are not going to heaven this time around, are not attacked by Satan. You'll never get it until the Lord tells you to your face how you've missed the boat/ark!! I only hope that Stripe and 6days don't fall for your antics, noguru. They are too strong for you to mess with them, it seems to me. Noguru, I wouldn't trade places with you right now for all the money in the world. You are constantly putting rationality first before God, knowing that God does miracles in the Earth, and something you should know of by NOW. Give me a Break!!

I will talk later. I have to make dinner right now. You know I still love you noguru, but you sure make it tough, sometimes, when you really don't have to.

Much Love, In Christ Jesus!!

Michael

everready

Other cultures around the world have global flood stories and you don't find that compelling... So why would stories of a long day from 3000 years ago be compelling?

"God may have caused the solar rays to linger over Palestine for the specified time. If God thus made the Sun to appear—from Joshua's perspective—to hang in the sky above Gibeon, it would be correct to report the event in such terms. Or second, it may be that the Sun (and indeed the entire solar system) was suspended miraculously for a day. Whether the miracle was local or universal is not specifically stated in the text. Either way, “there has been no day like that, before it or after it” (Joshua 10:14)"

Then there was this event 6days, when the star stood over Jesus

Matthew 2:9 When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.

10 When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.

everready

noguru

Stripe is more of an adult than you, noguru. And he is of sound mind, which you ought to work on. You're not going to be laughing much longer. Remember Noah and his family could not help it when everyone beat on the doors to get into the ark because the waters were drowning them. They thought he was nuts too. Oh well, noguru, I don't need to call you names because I am God's child and I love everyone. How about you? What is this, calling yourself a Christian, but not acting like one? You are a piece of work.

Praise the Lord Jesus, Instead, noguru!!

Michael

:doh: :dizzy: :sigh:

So Michael you think I am suppose to agree with stupidity from other people who claim to be Christian just because I am a Christian?

I doubt your Christianity and the claims of anyone who revels in their own ignorance. And I don't really care if you approve, or not.

noguru

Noguru, being realistic is knowing the Jesus is going to return 'some' day, just like He said. The problem you have is that you don't want it to be in your lifetime, or else you just don't believe me. He's going to Return soon, so what's the difference to you. You are a tawdry one yourself. I don't expect you to believe me. But you could at least say, we'll see what happens. I mean, how hard it that? Quit downing on Stripe when you are the one with the evolutionist problem. You're gonna get your 99.9% kick in the butt, yet!

When you start telling us about God, and start acting like a God-fearing man, then you can tell us you're also a Christian. With God, ALL is possible. Jesus said, and as they were in Noah's time, everybody getting married and building, so shall it be a shock in that day.

I just feel sorry for you noguru, because you label yourself a Christian, but you lack the love, humility, concern, joy out of it. Do you know what I'm saying?

Michael

Michael again you are being inaccurate in your projections of me. I think you should just shut up and stop lying about me. You know that bearing false witness is a sin, right?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Right because these people have overwhelming feelings of inadequacy they are trying to hide, so they need to believe that God's supernatural miracles will save them. So they must entrench themselves in the defense of these "seemingly" (based upon ignorance) supernatural events in the Bible.

The truth of my claim is illustrated by the author of this exact thread trying to push his "Armageddon is coming soon!", boy who cried wolf, hysteria upon the rest of the world. It use to be that people like that were put in padded rooms with four point restraints when necessary. But because the neo cons don't want to take care of the mentally ill, they are not in facilities that will handle them, and they have become the natural political allies of the neo cons.

There were a few accounts of the Great Flood and you didn't believe in any of them, so why should we go out of our way to find this out? It happened at around the time of the Battle of Jericho. You are supposedly Christian. Look it up in your Bible.

Michael

:rapture:

:p

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Other cultures around the world have global flood stories and you don't find that compelling...

The point is that the Bible doesn't have a global flood story. Other cultures might have had some, growing in the telling until it's the whole world. The Bible does not.

So why would stories of a long day from 3000 years ago be compelling?

Such a thing would have been devastating to the Earth, Oceans out of their basins, crust melting, etc.

Talking about the flood? Or just the Earth coming to a stop? How is that local?

"God may have caused the solar rays to linger over Palestine for the specified time.

If you have to make up non-scriptural stories to support your belief, isn't that an important clue?

If God thus made the Sun to appear—from Joshua's perspective—to hang in the sky above Gibeon, it would be correct to report the event in such terms. Or second, it may be that the Sun (and indeed the entire solar system) was suspended miraculously for a day.

Not how it works. The Sun doesn't go around the Earth. The Earth rotates. And stopping it would have tremendous consequences.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So Michael you think I am suppose to agree with stupidity from other people who claim to be Christian just because I am a Christian?

I doubt your Christianity and the claims of anyone who revels in their own ignorance. And I don't really care if you approve, or not.

Dear noguru,

You just don't get it. You're supposed to agree with the facts (not stupidity at all) from us 'other' people who are Christians because you are supposedly one yourself.

Likewise, I doubt your Christianity and the claim by yourself of reveling in your own IGNORANCE. I don't care how you feel also.

Well, you've heard it in your own words what you've just said to me. How does it feel, noguru?

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael again you are being inaccurate in your projections of me. I think you should just shut up and stop lying about me. You know that bearing false witness is a sin, right?

Oh, when I say something, I'm lying and bearing false witness, eh? You hypocrite!! I think you should just shut up too, and stop lying about me. You are a real piece of work, once again! You can really dish it out, but you can't seem to take it.

Whatever, Dude!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The point is that the Bible doesn't have a global flood story. Other cultures might have had some, growing in the telling until it's the whole world. The Bible does not.

Such a thing would have been devastating to the Earth, Oceans out of their basins, crust melting, etc.

Talking about the flood? Or just the Earth coming to a stop? How is that local?

If you have to make up non-scriptural stories to support your belief, isn't that an important clue?

Not how it works. The Sun doesn't go around the Earth. The Earth rotates. And stopping it would have tremendous consequences.

Dear The Barbarian,

How are you doing, dude? It's been too long!! How's life treating you lately? What we're talking about is a Global Flood, and a 48-hour day, and a column of fire, and the Red Sea parting down the middle, and other things besides, that have all happened supernaturally. The only ones who believe are mostly, if not all, Christians. We also believe in Sodom and Gomorrah being destroyed and Lot and his daughters having kids. And a serpent talking telepathically to Adam's wife long ago, before there was sin. We're talking about a virgin woman named Mary having a baby boy who did miracles when He grew up. I could go on and on, like Jesus walking on WATER! These are the supernatural beliefs of a Christian. We believe in God's Work and Ways. He never ceases to amaze. And now we're talking about Armageddon happening before the end of this year. And people marrying and people building houses even though Armageddon is coming and so is Jesus. And the Rapture. All of these miracles, and some people have trouble believing that Jesus is returning again. He raised others from the dead. God raised Him from the dead. So what is one more miracle? Of course God can have His Son Return. Haven't we waited long enough? Do we ever, ever expect it to happen? And now that it is, why don't we believe? Life is peculiar?

Just needed someone to talk to, Barbarian. What do you make of all of this? Is it impossible that Armageddon shall happen before this year's end??

It's highly improbable, but not impossible!

May God Help You Believe In Miracles This Time!!

Michael

:rapture: :guitar: :cloud9:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You would think that when people remember something as mundane as feeding 5000 people with a fish sandwich or a gravity defiying walk across choppy water, someone would at least have noticed the Sun remaining still for a couple of days.

Perhaps they were all really busy back then :juggle:

Well, those things were done while Jesus was alive, and so it is easier to know when. It happened somewhere between Jesus' 30th to 33rd birthday. Somewhere in those 3 years. His prophecy was for 3 years or so. Yep, He fed 5,000 people plus Himself and also walked on water, and His mother was a virgin. Figure that kind of 'super natural' out. Cool eh? If we really wanted to, we could give you a rough estimate of which years it was is. It was near the battle of Jericho, that Joshua was the leader in. God can do such incredible miracles. I have my own life to know that much!! You wouldn't believe all of the miracles I've had in my life, but it's because I am one of two witnesses/prophets who come during the latter years. So I do have a reason that I can know certain things. It's not just a fluke.

Well, it's been nice having you visit again, Hedshaker, and hearing from you. I hope that all goes well for you. You know, there are many people who have no idea what is going to happen before this year ends, so you are lucky to know. I have many people from all countries, contact me about my experiences, through Twitter. I have also contacted Presidents Obama and Netanyahu (Israel). I get around. Many Congressman and others know about me also and have a copy of my book. If you want a copy of my book, you can get it FREE online. Just go to:

jesusreturningverysoon.com

when you get there, left-click on the words 'Book Copy', then click on 'SKU-text2.pdf', then two blank pages will come up. Using your up and down arrow cursor keys, go to the third page. My Title page will come up. It is called "What Your Eyes Have Not Seen" by Michael W. Cadry. It only takes a couple of hours to read and you can download it to your puter or printer, so you can copy it, if you like. Or just read it off of your computer screen.

:guitar:

:angel:

:cloud9:

noguru

Dear noguru,

You just don't get it. You're supposed to agree with the facts (not stupidity at all) from us 'other' people who are Christians because you are supposedly one yourself.

Likewise, I doubt your Christianity and the claim by yourself of reveling in your own IGNORANCE. I don't care how you feel also.

Well, you've heard it in your own words what you've just said to me. How does it feel, noguru?

Michael

Michael if I had any respect for your opinions on other matters I would take into consideration your opinion on this matter. You have given me no reason to seriously consider anything you say on these issues. You are wishy washy on matters that are clear, yet you compensate for that by being stubborn on matters in which you are obviously inaccurate. I would be a fool to consider your counsel as anything other than foolish rantings.

Stripe on the other hand is pretty much consistently stubborn and wrong, not much wishy washy with him. He is definitely the alpha in your ambiguously gay duo. But for you this is a case of the blind leading the blind. You have a bit of a limp wrist and you are blind. Stripe puts on a facade of certainty, but he is clearly wrong on so many issues.

Last edited:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Is that the time frame, 1000 BCE?

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Earth rotates. And stopping it would have tremendous consequences.

That you think the Earth would have to stop to keep the Sun visible in the sky for more than 12 hours shows you have no understanding of relative motion for cosmic bodies.

Or, probably more accurately, you have no intention of putting even a moment aside to consider seriously that a Biblical account might be correct.

noguru

That you think the Earth would have to stop to keep the Sun visible in the sky for more than 12 hours shows you have no understanding of relative motion for cosmic bodies.

Or, probably more accurately, you have no intention of putting even a moment aside to consider seriously that a Biblical account might be correct.

Can you please show us your proposed model for how the sun appeared to stand still in the sky for 24 hours without the earth being stopped in its rotation?

This ought to be good.

:chuckle:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Sounds interesting, Stipe. How about showing us how you think that happened? Oh, wait, Nog already called you out on that one. Should have stayed in the bunker, Stipe.

What seems to have you in a tizzy is someone who asserts that it is correct. Once you accept it God's way, instead of your new re-interpretation, you won't be upset any more.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Please explain so we can all understand.

noguru

Please explain so we can all understand.

I suspect he is just going to play the "You all just don't understand science as well as I." game. I mean he is a primary school English teacher, so perhaps he thinks that makes him advanced in science as well.

noguru

Ironically as Stripe tries to argue for a literal account of this by explaining it scientifically, he would at the same time be eliminating it from the pool of supernatural events he wants us to believe we need to accept to be Christian.

The poor fellow does not seem to understand simple, plain and clear logic.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Can you please show us your proposed model for how the sun appeared to stand still in the sky for 24 hours without the earth being stopped in its rotation?

This ought to be good.

the human eye and perception are easily fooled. things may be different than they appear, but i would definitely ask God to explain it if i were you - :)

Status
Not open for further replies.