Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

Ah, so when did this occur? I think shortly after Jericho, right? Not sure when that was. But if it occurred would there not be stories of this incredible day in every culture, in every part of the ancient world? It was a pretty unusual occurrence, right? So how about a list of such histories of that event. Or were the Israelites the only ones paying attention?

It is an entry along the same lines as saying "And time stood still" to mark an important socio-cultural event for the Israelites.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
It is an entry along the same lines as saying "And time stood still" to mark an important socio-cultural event for the Israelites.

No, not according to 6days. He may not know how it happened but he should be able to tell us when and then we can double check as to how many other cultures noted this extraordinary event.
There are allegedly many flood accounts which "prove" the Noah story. This incident is much more recent.

noguru

No, not according to 6days. He may not know how it happened but he should be able to tell us when and then we can double check as to how many other cultures noted this extraordinary event.
There are allegedly many flood accounts which "prove" the Noah story. This incident is much more recent.

Right because these people have overwhelming feelings of inadequacy they are trying to hide, so they need to believe that God's supernatural miracles will save them. So they must entrench themselves in the defense of these "seemingly" (based upon ignorance) supernatural events in the Bible.

The truth of my claim is illustrated by the author of this exact thread trying to push his "Armageddon is coming soon!", boy who cried wolf, hysteria upon the rest of the world. It use to be that people like that were put in padded rooms with four point restraints when necessary. But because the neo cons don't want to take care of the mentally ill, they are not in facilities that will handle them, and they have become the natural political allies of the neo cons.

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
They ... believe that God's supernatural miracles will save them.

Yip. God raised His son Jesus Christ from the dead so that He could be the means of our salvation if we put our hope in Him.

Anti-Christian morons like you will do everything you can to deny His power.

noguru

Yip. God raised His son Jesus Christ from the dead so that He could be the means of our salvation if we put our hope in Him.

Anti-Christian morons like you will do everything you can to deny His power.

:chuckle:

Just because you want to make everything supernatural because you don't understand, does not mean I am "anti Christian". I am anti moron, that is against sad little humans like you.

I notice you left the context of that out. Probably because you are too much of a coward to stare your own demons in the face.

Here it is again for your reading pleasure:

Right because these people have overwhelming feelings of inadequacy they are trying to hide, so they need to believe that God's supernatural miracles will save them. So they must entrench themselves in the defense of these "seemingly" (based upon ignorance) supernatural events in the Bible.

The truth of my claim is illustrated by the author of this exact thread trying to push his "Armageddon is coming soon!", boy who cried wolf, hysteria upon the rest of the world. It use to be that people like that were put in padded rooms with four point restraints when necessary. But because the neo cons don't want to take care of the mentally ill, they are not in facilities that will handle them, and they have become the natural political allies of the neo cons.

Does that get under your skin, little man?

Are you going to report me again for joining you in your attempts to mud sling even though you start it all the time?

Thing is you have to actually have some substance behind your accusation. As you with my claims regarding you, if they are accurate and the target has delicate sensibilities, they tend to sting a little.

noguru

You are a child Stripe. See ya later, loser. :p

I bet you can understand that emoticon.

"This far and no further." - Stripes attempt to be tough.

You certainly are a living parody in neo con thinking. Thanks for the laughs.

6days

But if it occurred would there not be stories of this incredible day in every culture, in every part of the ancient world? It was a pretty unusual occurrence, right?
Like the global flood and the incredible stories that exist in every culture? Is that convincing evidence for you?

noguru

Yes! :)
Sad how some pick and choose which miracles to believe.

I suspect that by "miracle" you mean "a supernatural event". Such is only sad, if one cannot accept God's hand in natural events. So it might be "sad" for you, but being realistic is not "sad" for me.

All believers make decisions regarding natural vs supernatural to a differing dynamic. Some default to "supernatural" when they are ignorant of the natural processes. Which is motivation for them to stay willfully ignorant of natural processes when they contradict their dogmatic theological beliefs.

I make no decision regarding natural/supernatural on things with which I am unfamiliar. Though from my experience 99.9+% of the things I have seen in life are natural processes. I do not reject, as you do, God's hand in natural processes.

What percentage of things in your life would you say are "supernatural"?

You might be able to fool yourself and other less than aware individuals like Stripe and Michaeltawdry, but you do not fool me.

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You and Stripey are a match made in heaven (pun intended). You are TOL's own ambiguously gay duo, sexually confused superheros.

Dear noguru,

We are not an ambiguously gay duo. You just wish that so you could say something in your defense of your last post. Or Stripe's last post. You are foiled again!

Michael

:angel: :cloud9:

noguru

Dear noguru,

We are not an ambiguously gay duo. You just wish that so you could say something in your defense of your last post. Or Stripe's last post. You are foiled again!

Michael

:angel: :cloud9:

Yes, I need to defend my views from the clear concise onslaught that you and Stripe offer (sarcasm intended).

:rotfl:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Like the global flood and the incredible stories that exist in every culture? Is that convincing evidence for you?

No, I asked first for a time frame, when did the sun stand still---what year. Next I asked for some other cultures histories of this incredible happening. Still waiting for both.

Can you provide that?

Hedshaker

No, I asked first for a time frame, when did the sun stand still---what year. Next I asked for some other cultures histories of this incredible happening. Still waiting for both.

Can you provide that?

You would think that when people remember something as mundane as feeding 5000 people with a fish sandwich or a gravity defiying walk across choppy water, someone would at least have noticed the Sun remaining still for a couple of days.

Perhaps they were all really busy back then :juggle:

noguru

Can you provide that?

These folks won't address things squarely. They would rather divert attention from the weaknesses of their own arguments.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

It seems more obvious that you are the one with the inadequacy problem, tbh. That's why you're always getting banned and I'm not. So what's the deal with that, inadequate one? Who are you kidding, dude? Don't you worry your small brain out just because I say that Armageddon is coming before the end of this year. That means Jesus' second coming and also The Rapture. You don't seem to be as ready for being a Christian, noguru. Work on that problem about losing your temper. If nothing happens, what skin is it off of yours? I'm the one everyone will be disillusioned by. No, instead of that I'm saying the Lord will return soon. So I'm fine in my corner. I know it's rare noguru, but I've had quite a life that you'd never believe. I can hardly believe it. Do I expect you to believe me, that Jesus is returning soon? Of course, I don't. It's too difficult a thing to believe until it happens. Then you will think back and say, 'well that Michael, he was right after all!'

God Heal You Quickly!!

Michael

:cloud9: :guitar: :angel:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear jonahdog,

It seems that those on the other side of the Earth were in the dark about it all!

Michael

:cloud9: :box:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

You are a child Stripe. See ya later, loser. :p

I bet you can understand that emoticon.

"This far and no further." - Stripes attempt to be tough.

You certainly are a living parody in neo con thinking. Thanks for the laughs.

Stripe is more of an adult than you, noguru. And he is of sound mind, which you ought to work on. You're not going to be laughing much longer. Remember Noah and his family could not help it when everyone beat on the doors to get into the ark because the waters were drowning them. They thought he was nuts too. Oh well, noguru, I don't need to call you names because I am God's child and I love everyone. How about you? What is this, calling yourself a Christian, but not acting like one? You are a piece of work.

Praise the Lord Jesus, Instead, noguru!!

Michael

:doh: :dizzy: :sigh:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I suspect that by "miracle" you mean "a supernatural event". Such is only sad, if one cannot accept God's hand in natural events. So it might be "sad" for you, but being realistic is not "sad" for me.

All believers make decisions regarding natural vs supernatural to a differing dynamic. Some default to "supernatural" when they are ignorant of the natural processes. Which is motivation for them to stay willfully ignorant of natural processes when they contradict their dogmatic theological beliefs.

I make no decision regarding natural/supernatural on things with which I am unfamiliar. Though from my experience 99.9+% of the things I have seen in life are natural processes. I do not reject, as you do, God's hand in natural processes.

What percentage of things in your life would you say are "supernatural"?

You might be able to fool yourself and other less than aware individuals like Stripe and Michaeltawdry, but you do not fool me.

Noguru, being realistic is knowing that Jesus is going to return 'some' day, just like He said. The problem you have is that you don't want it to be in your lifetime, or else you just don't believe me. He's going to Return soon, so what's the difference to you. You are a tawdry one yourself. I don't expect you to believe me. But you could at least say, we'll see what happens. I mean, how hard it that? Quit downing on Stripe when you are the one with the evolutionist problem. You're gonna get your 99.9% kick in the butt, yet!

When you start telling us about God, and start acting like a God-fearing man, then you can tell us you're also a Christian. With God, ALL is possible. Jesus said, and as they were in Noah's time, everybody getting married and building, so shall it be a shock in that day.

I just feel sorry for you noguru, because you label yourself a Christian, but you lack the love, humility, concern, joy out of it. Do you know what I'm saying?

Michael

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.