Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

alwight

Ha... Well.....I suppose if one side of the earth faced the sun for two days; that would mean the other side was likely dark? And, I suppose that if people lived through 2 whole days of darkness, or sunlight, they would likely notice. Right?
Right. :plain:
Maybe God rigged up a temporary second sun somehow? :idea:

DavisBJ

the human eye and perception are easily fooled. things may be different than they appear ...
I Just checked 19 different translations of the passage in the OT where it speaks of the sun standing still. Every one of them are clear in referencing the sun (and moon) stopping, and have no allusion to it being any kind of sensory illusion. I take it you are comfortable with suggesting the Biblical text may be inaccurate, and would be more accurate if the text said the event was due to some sort of sensory aberration?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I Just checked 19 different translations of the passage in the OT where it speaks of the sun standing still. Every one of them are clear in referencing the sun (and moon) stopping, and have no allusion to it being any kind of sensory illusion. I take it you are comfortable with suggesting the Biblical text may be inaccurate, and would be more accurate if the text said the event was due to some sort of sensory aberration?

stop assuming. i know who you are - :patrol:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Please explain so we can all understand.

How about you describe a situation where the normal rotation and orbit of the Earth would cause the sun and moon to remain visible for a whole day.

6days

How about you describe a situation where the normal rotation and orbit of the Earth would cause the sun and moon to remain visible for a whole day.
How? A change in the tilt of the earth would cause that.
(But not sure that is how it happened)

DavisBJ

stop assuming. i know who you are - :patrol:
I don't care much whether you know who I am or not. I haven't posted much lately, but I was rather forthright in identifying myself several years back at TOL.

And you seem to want to avoid addressing your implications that the Bible might be deficient in clarity when speaking of what really happened when the "sun stood still". That's OK, the readers can see what you posted, and compare it with the actual scriptural text for themselves.

DavisBJ

How? A change in the tilt of the earth would cause that.
(But not sure that is how it happened)
A TOL old-timer called BobB, now departed, proposed using the tilt of the earth as an explanatory mechanism in a TOL thread years ago. When the implications of that were pointed out to him, I think he rued ever proposing that idea.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I don't care much whether you know who I am or not. I haven't posted much lately, but I was rather forthright in identifying myself several years back at TOL.

And you seem to want to avoid addressing your implications that the Bible might be deficient in clarity when speaking of what really happened when the "sun stood still". That's OK, the readers can see what you posted, and compare it with the actual scriptural text for themselves.

that's great. they aren't my implications they're yours. so what did really happen ? since you checked 19 translations, please explain it for us all. what are you implying ? - because i thought you guys were talking about creation. and evolution -

Last edited:

everready

Which of these two events in your eyes is more difficult for Jesus, stopping the sun or shouting for Lazarus to come forth?

John 11:43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.

44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

everready

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A TOL old-timer called BobB, now departed, proposed using the tilt of the earth as an explanatory mechanism in a TOL thread years ago. When the implications of that were pointed out to him, I think he rued ever proposing that idea.

Nope.

Making stuff up about people who are not here to correct you is a new low. :down:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael if I had any respect for your opinions on other matters I would take into consideration your opinion on this matter. You have given me no reason to seriously consider anything you say on these issues. You are wishy washy on matters that are clear, yet you compensate for that by being stubborn on matters in which you are obviously inaccurate. I would be a fool to consider your counsel as anything other than foolish rantings.

Stripe on the other hand is pretty much consistently stubborn and wrong, not much wishy washy with him. He is definitely the alpha in your ambiguously gay duo. But for you this is a case of the blind leading the blind. You have a bit of a limp wrist and you are blind. Stripe puts on a facade of certainty, but he is clearly wrong on so many issues.

Dear noguru,

Likewise, I don't believe most of what you have to say. You are a demented person posing as a Christian, to be honest. And that's why you keep getting banned. Stripe is wiser than you by far, and he is consistently correct compared to you. There is no limp wristing. How can you say such a thing since you've never even seen me. So are you calling me the Omega? You don't know what you are doing. I'm by far, more than a man than you! If I were you, I would take some heed and find out what you are missing out on as far as being a Christian. You need to go back to Sunday School for children, so you can learn how to be one. I'm not the only one who believes this, as you can see.

Jesus Help You To See And To Mature,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ironically as Stripe tries to argue for a literal account of this by explaining it scientifically, he would at the same time be eliminating it from the pool of supernatural events he wants us to believe we need to accept to be Christian.

The poor fellow does not seem to understand simple, plain and clear logic.

Dear noguru,

Everyone can see that you are just trying to belittle Stripe because of your own inadequacy and lack of Christian belief in God's miracles. And you're trying desperately to put a wedge between 6days, myself and Stripe, as a last hope. You can read you like a children's book. If God did it, then He did it. He doesn't have to show you HOW He did it. You can't even believe He's God and can do anything and everything. How are you suppose to believe the incredible when you can't even believe the credible? Do you believe that Jesus was born of a virgin who had a baby boy? Do you believe He is the Messiah or God's Anointed? Do you believe He walked on water or made wine out of water? Do you believe He rose Lazarus from death, and another young girl also, and Himself also? Which miracles do you choose to believe and which ones do you not? Do you believe He set a pillar of fire onto the bank of the Red Sea, so that the Israelis could go across, much less drying up the sea thereof in the first place? Do you believe these things, noguru? Why them and not the others?? You are like one who flew over the cuckoo's nest!

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael if I had any respect for your opinions on other matters I would take into consideration your opinion on this matter. You have given me no reason to seriously consider anything you say on these issues. You are wishy washy on matters that are clear, yet you compensate for that by being stubborn on matters in which you are obviously inaccurate. I would be a fool to consider your counsel as anything other than foolish rantings.

Stripe on the other hand is pretty much consistently stubborn and wrong, not much wishy washy with him. He is definitely the alpha in your ambiguously gay duo. But for you this is a case of the blind leading the blind. You have a bit of a limp wrist and you are blind. Stripe puts on a facade of certainty, but he is clearly wrong on so many issues.

Do you actually mean that God cannot make a day last like two? Do you actually think that God can't do anything He wishes to?? You're the one with a problem, nog.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I suspect he is just going to play the "You all just don't understand science as well as I." game. I mean he is a primary school English teacher, so perhaps he thinks that makes him advanced in science as well.

:chuckle:

Isn't it amazing how Stripe is more of a man than you, noguru? And more of a Christian than you also? I'm just calling them as I see them. You are a sorry excuse for a Christian, it seems. You don't stand by God in matters concerning Him. Right? Lots of Luck, noguru,

Michael

You're familiar with this emoticon, right?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is that the time frame, 1000 BCE?

Dear Jonahdog,

I don't mean to ignore you. So don't think that is what I'm doing. I can only tell you that it happened after Joshua was with Moses on the Earth. I don't think I can say it is 1,000 BCE/BC. Maybe 2-3,000 BCE. I'm not schooled on those things, so I can only estimate. If I were a scholar about the date, I would let you know. I do believe it was done though. I do recall the story of it. It's in the Scripture. If it didn't happen, I'm sure Jesus would have made a mention of that when He was on Earth. He had plenty of time to let us know. So whatever, JD.

God Bless You, Dude!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Can you please show us your proposed model for how the sun appeared to stand still in the sky for 24 hours without the earth being stopped in its rotation?

This ought to be good.

Who says we owe you an explanation of anything, noguru. You're a Christian. What's your take? Why don't you know how you feel about it by now? Aren't you familiar with the story from when you were Christian?? If God can create a Universe, He can certainly cause the Earth to have two days at one time. Figure it out yourself, big man. You make it very difficult to be pleasant to you. You get what you reap.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Please explain so we can all understand.

Dear Jonahdog,

Why should Stripe have to explain it to you? He doesn't owe you anything. You don't believe, even when you are offered different situations. Get your info from noguru. He's the Christian that should know which answer to give to you. Ask the friendly Christian whom you know. Or isn't noguru familiar with the miracle? Yeah, ask noguru for the explanation.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.