Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

Being a Christian gives us a free pass in Gods eyes because in Christ we're freed from the rudiments of this world.

Freed from the rudiments as they might be used to judge us in regard to salvation. As Christians we can make errors and still be saved. This does not mean we have a license to make errors or that errors are commanded by God.

Colossians 2:8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Being accurate in the investigation and description of the natural world is neither vain deceit nor something by which philosophy can spoil a man. In fact it was a steadfast and faithful Christian who is credited with the initial disclosure of the value of empirical investigation, Francis Bacon. I think God would want accuracy, as best as is humanly possible, from us. Do you agree or disagree?

How does science explain this

Joshua 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

everready

Are you looking for science to explain this? Would you reject the broader point if science could offer no accurate explanation?

everready

Freed from the rudiments as they might be used to judge us in regard to salvation. As Christians we can make errors and still be saved. This does not mean we have a license to make errors or that errors are commanded by God.

Being accurate in the investigation and description of the natural world is neither vain deceit nor something by which philosophy can spoil a man. In fact it was a steadfast and faithful Christian who is credited with the initial disclosure of the value of empirical investigation, Francis Bacon. I think God would want accuracy, as best as is humanly possible, from us. Do you agree or disagree?

Are you looking for science to explain this? Would you reject the broader point if science could offer no accurate explanation?

No I'm looking for you to explain it, as you glory in your flesh.

I Corinthians 1:26 For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called:

27 But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;

28 And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are:

29 That no flesh should glory in his presence.

everready

noguru

Everready, answer my questions first then I will address yours. Until then we can see that your refusal is a form of deceit. Would you like me to repeat my post here, if you are not capable of recalling or retrieving the text/meaning?

everready

Everready, answer my questions first then I will address yours. Until then we can see that your refusal is a form of deceit.

Like the private message you sent me?

everready

Your no Christian your false brethren.

Last edited:

noguru

Like the private message you sent me?

everready

Your no Christian your false brethren.

So I guess you will only cooperate if the inquisition is from you to me, and not the reverse?

Ah yes, it is best you run and hide now. Your fraud has been exposed. See ya. :up:

noguru

And now i know why you were banned.

everready

That's good. This site openly admits its bias. Thanks for noticing the obvious. I guess that means you cannot or will not answer my straightforward and clear queries to you.

Do you wonder why your rep points are so low (relative to post count) for one who agrees with the powers that be on this site in regard to the alternative models of origins?

I know why that is.

At any rate, if you think I have been inaccurate and/or deceitful please include the evidence from my posts for your opinion. I have clearly pointed out your attempts at deceit and the associated inaccuracies.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear everready,

Don't you worry about your rep pts. I just tried to give you some more and it said I have to wait a while yet to give you more. You're doing fine for a newbie!! Trusting God's Truth is always preferable compared to empirical guesses and supposed evidence. We learned that with Lucy, science's empirical evidence of a filed-down jawbone. And their Carbon-14 dating being fallible. They thought all of that was empirical also. Believe in God and He won't let you down, even when you are at your seemingly lowest. There is a joy that only God can give!! That's why I also believe in the Shroud. I don't care what dating methods they use. Man is fallible. Sometimes embarrassingly so.

Praise The Lord!!

Michael

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
Joshua 10:13 And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day.

everready

Did the sun stand still because 1. your god moved it or 2. did it stand still because he stopped the rotation of the earth?

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
God doesn't tell us HOW He did it. But, He does tell us He DID it.

Seems to me that he must have done it one of those 2 ways. He moved the sun or he stopped the earth from rotating. Might there be another way? If so please suggest it.

6days

Seems to me that he must have done it one of those 2 ways. He moved the sun or he stopped the earth from rotating. Might there be another way? If so please suggest it.
Funny sort of that it matters to you HOW God did it. The Creator of laws governing our universe can also suspend those laws. God may have stopped the earth...moved the sun...caused the earth to do a barrel roll, North to South....or perhaps some other answer. I dont know HOW He did it...I just know that He did.

alwight

Funny sort of that it matters to you HOW God did it. The Creator of laws governing our universe can also suspend those laws. God may have stopped the earth...moved the sun...caused the earth to do a barrel roll, North to South....or perhaps some other answer. I dont know HOW He did it...I just know that He did.
What about those on the other side of the Earth, did anyone notice 2 days of errr... night?

6days

What about those on the other side of the Earth, did anyone notice 2 days of errr... night?
Ha... Well.....I suppose if one side of the earth faced the sun for two days; that would mean the other side was likely dark? And, I suppose that if people lived through 2 whole days of darkness, or sunlight, they would likely notice. Right?

noguru

Dear Stripe,

That's about it!! Direct hit!! Now I see what's so funny!

Michael

:chuckle:

You and Stripey are a match made in heaven (pun intended). You are TOL's own ambiguously gay duo, sexually confused superheros.

Last edited:

noguru

Funny sort of that it matters to you HOW God did it.

Well it was originally neverready who was obsessed with finding an answer to this quandary. You know him/her, right? He/she is another that shares your dogmatic adherence to an absurd view of reality.

I'm pretty sure you guys keep this stubborn adherence to a YEC model as a way to compensate for your lack of courage. It is a facade. You think being stubborn about this absurdity proves that you are brave, because deep down inside you feel inadequate.

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned

Ah, so when did this occur? I think shortly after Jericho, right? Not sure when that was. But if it occurred would there not be stories of this incredible day in every culture, in every part of the ancient world? It was a pretty unusual occurrence, right? So how about a list of such histories of that event. Or were the Israelites the only ones paying attention?

Status
Not open for further replies.