Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuu

There are instances where human fossils were incorrectly interpreted
Do you mean incorrectly interpreted according to the account in Genesis?

Your link leads to a page that criticises movie directors for their special effects. Do you think that is a valid conspiracy theory of evolutionary biology?

Stuart

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Biologists know for a fact (because they know their subject) that creationism says nothing at all about biology. I'm not a biologist but if you would like me to show you how biologists think critically then I could probably show you. But don't forget that no biologist would have a serious conversation with you about AiG claims, because its claims are refuted so long ago now that they are irrelevant. Even AiG has pages that tell it's devoted believers which arguments they shouldn't use any more. But their Jesus-coloured glasses don't allow them to see that actually none of their arguments should be used.

Just let me know if you are ready to see what critical thinking in biology looks like. I won't pretend it will be easy.

Stuart
I don't think I know of any Biology claims of AiG. Not that they don't have any.

noguru

Critical thinking is different as an ability than a acquired strength. So also as a subject. Logic and even the ability to read critically can help a person navigate the world of knowledge, including in the realm of science.

Exactly. This is why you remain in the dungeon in regard to science and navigating the world. I do not envy you for that, I do hope some day you will see the light.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I do not think that will change. People like Untellectual believe that their lack of critical thinking is proper commitment to the "word of God". In their circles they pride themselves on being stubborn, ignorant and arrogant about it.
Nope. Are you being sarcastic or perhaps facetious?

Stuu

Critical thinking is different as an ability than a acquired strength. So also as a subject. Logic and even the ability to read critically can help a person navigate the world of knowledge, including in the realm of science.
So are you ready, or not?

Stuart

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Exactly. This is why you remain in the dungeon in regard to science and navigating the world. I do not envy you for that, I do hope some day you will see the light.
I don't see where you think this sentence of mine that I composed fails?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
So are you ready, or not?

Stuart
I am always thinking critically, through the lens or filter of my beliefs or bias. But I try to remain open to learning new things. I have not studied Biology past High School... of that I am certain.

noguru

I don't see where you think this sentence of mine that I composed fails?

:think:

And you will never see, until you are open to admitting your errors.

Oh and I did not say your sentence fails. I actually agree with it. You just do not live up to that standard.

:)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
That is not surprising.

From what I have seen they do not have any biology claims at AIG, all they do is try to undermine the naturalistic model.
What is the naturalistic model? Does it allow for the possibility or certainty of God's existence?

Philosophers and scientists (scientists can have philosophical or theological views too) do have beliefs or biases. Even the scientific method has philosophical roots or input. But from my recollection unless science is done recognizing creation and a Creator of that creation science neither approves (affirms) or denies the existence of God.

There is a difference between what is natural and what is supernatural.

The idea of an observable universe may or may not include that which some people term supernatural.

But making measurements in the natural world makes sense to me.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
:think:

And you will never see, until you are open to admitting your errors.

Oh and I did not say your sentence fails. I actually agree with it. You just do not live up to that standard.

:)
It is the standard I just put forth... a standard I believe I can measure up against. As do you. But I don't see the reason for our disagreement with each other. I believe God is the creator and that in science we study the natural world.

noguru

It is the standard I just put forth... a standard I believe I can measure up against. As do you. But I don't see the reason for our disagreement with each other. I believe God is the creator and that in science we study the natural world.

On this basic assumption you and I agree, and we share these basic philosophical assumptions in science. You just add another assumption to the fundamental assumptions of science, in your attempt to study the natural world. That assumption being a "literal interpretation of Genesis". This is why you will remain blinded to and by your error.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
On this basic assumption you and I agree, and we share these basic philosophical assumptions in science. You just add another assumption to the fundamental assumptions of science, in your attempt to study the natural world. That assumption being a "literal interpretation of Genesis". This is why you will remain blinded to and by your error.
What do you mean by "literal interpretation of Genesis"? I'm not totally gathering what it is about what I have said that you don't agree with. Of course I believe the Bible. I would hope you do to. But apparently we have an issue in the area of Biblical interpretation? I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, inerrant in the autographs.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
No, I am not joking.

Is the truth too difficult for you to hear? So difficult that you must avoid it by thinking I am joking?
Well I certainly don't understand you. Are you saying you meant to be serious, injurious, or maybe direct? I can withstand a lot, but I don't know why you are responding the way that you are to me. I thought maybe you were trying to make light of the situation at my expense.

noguru

What do you mean by "literal interpretation of Genesis"? I'm not totally gathering what it is about what I have said that you don't agree with. Of course I believe the Bible. I would hope you do to. But apparently we have an issue in the area of Biblical interpretation? I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God, inerrant in the autographs.

Oh my. We have been through all of this many times. But it does not seem to get past your thick skull. Your commitment to being stubborn presents an impasse for us. You refuse to understand what I post to you, no matter how clearly I express it.

I am pretty certain that this problem of yours is not confined to discussions on theology and science on this site. I'll bet many in your daily life see the face of your stubborn adherence to unreasonable ideas. But since you are not one to hear, they do not waste time trying to get through to you. They realize it is much easier to just walk around you.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Oh my. We have been through all of this many times. But it does not seem to get past your thick skull. Your commitment to being stubborn presents an impasse for us. You refuse to understand what I post to you, no matter how clearly I express it.
Again you mean to insult me because I don't understand you, while I simply tell you I don't understand.

noguru

Well I certainly don't understand you. Are you saying you meant to be serious, injurious, or maybe direct? I can withstand a lot, but I don't know why you are responding the way that you are to me. I thought maybe you were trying to make light of the situation at my expense.

:bang:

For the love of God man, discussing things with you is downright painful sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.