Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

noguru

I'm actually not going to the sites, I am receiving these specific sites as normal messages from AIG. I would encourage you to read what they have there so you do not have a misconception about what they believe.

:rolleyes:

I have thoroughly scoured their site in its entirety many times. I hope you don't think this is my first time at the rodeo. It is from my past experience that I know all their information is garbage. But you would not know that, because you lack critical thinking skills, despite your protests to the contrary.

Are you really this deluded, or are you just pretending?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

I have thoroughly scoured their site in its entirety many times. I hope you don't think this is my first time at the rodeo. It is from my past experience that I know all their information is garbage. But you would not know that, because you lack critical thinking skills, despite your protests to the contrary.

Are you really this deluded, or are just pretending?
I have critical thinking skills, but you will not engage with the material.

noguru

No you don't. You do not engage. When your misconceptions about science, history, philosophy, theology... are addressed you simply divert attention from that. You are only fooling yourself here.

Every reasonable person can tell that your judgement on these issues is not to be trusted.

Why do you think that even on a YEC site that your rep point percentage to number of posts is so low. Even the YECs here that are relatively intelligent think you are an idiot.

DavisBJ

Absolutely amazing. Several times Untellectual has openly said he didn’t read the material he was passing on to us. But now when noguru, being actually familiar with the offered material, says it is fallacious, Untellectual responds that he has critical reading skills, and noguru is the one who won’t engage with the material.

In his own muddled mind, Untellectual lives in a fantasy world that is almost as weird as Cadry’s.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned

No you don't. You do not engage. When your misconceptions about science, history, philosophy, theology... are addressed you simply divert attention from that. You are only fooling yourself here.

Every reasonable person can tell that your judgement on these issues is not to be trusted.

Why do you think that even on a YEC site that your rep point percentage to number of posts is so low. Even the YECs here that are relatively intelligent think you are an idiot.
I don't remember you talking with me about one point of creation from the Bible, and I also don't remember you saying anything about the points brought up by AIG. You just dismiss them. That is not engaging.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Absolutely amazing. Several times Untellectual has openly said he didn’t read the material he was passing on to us. But now when noguru, being actually familiar with the offered material, says it is fallacious, Untellectual responds that he has critical reading skills, and noguru is the one who won’t engage with the material.

In his own muddled mind, Untellectual lives in a fantasy world that is almost as weird as Cadry’s.
Now you are talking about critical reading. I mentioned critical thinking. The ability to think critically about any given matter.

noguru

I don't remember you talking with me about one point of creation from the Bible, and I also don't remember you saying anything about the points brought up by AIG. You just dismiss them. That is not engaging.

Are you daft man? I don't need to engage you. All those arguments have been debunked many times in many places. You need to get caught up, my slippery "Christian" friend.

noguru

Dr Craig Responds to the Objection that God Provides No Predictive Contribution to Science

You do realize that Dr. Craig is a theistic evolutionist right, and that he believes basically the same thing as I do, right?

His big argument is the "cosmological argument" for God. Though I think he misuses that, he is much sharper than you.

DavisBJ

Now you are talking about critical reading. I mentioned critical thinking. The ability to think critically about any given matter.
Good catch, change the word “reading” to “thinking” in my post. And, sorry to say, I have yet to see you actually show you can engage an argument effectively. You see, a fellow a ways down the road has a similar problem. He, like you, proclaims his great rationality, between swigs of hooch from his jug.

If you think you are mentally up to it, pick a YEC claim that conflicts with mainstream science – one that you are willing to defend.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Are you daft man? I don't need to engage you. All those arguments have been debunked many times in many places. You need to get caught up, my slippery "Christian" friend.
You are telling me I need to engage you about evolution, but you have presented nothing to engage. When I present about creation you think I have a problem.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Good catch, change the word “reading” to “thinking” in my post. And, sorry to say, I have yet to see you actually show you can engage an argument effectively. You see, a fellow a ways down the road has a similar problem. He, like you, proclaims his great rationality, between swigs of hooch from his jug.

If you think you are mentally up to it, pick a YEC claim that conflicts with mainstream science – one that you are willing to defend.
You have an idea about what is mainstream science.

How about Intelligent Design? It is not even YEC!

noguru

You are telling me I need to engage you about evolution, but you have presented nothing to engage. When I present about creation you think I have a problem.

I am not telling you that you need to engage me. You need to address current scientific conclusions if you wish to overturn them. As it stands your understanding of science, which is inferior to that of most high school graduates, is too poor for you to have any impact on real science. You see my slippery Christian friend, debating these things on this site is easy, even though you cannot even reach that standard. Real science is vastly more thorough, rigorous and therefore complex.

noguru

You have an idea about what is mainstream science.

How about Intelligent Design? It is not even YEC!

Dr. Craig simply stated that with ID one cannot predict anything, if there is no mechanistic process which can be assessed. His argument is the "cosmological argument" or "fine tuning" of the universe, which directly undermines your YEC model. Do you even understand the things you post here?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I am not telling you that you need to engage me. You need to address current scientific conclusions if you wish to overturn them. As it stands your understanding of science, which is inferior to that of most high school graduates, is too poor for you to have any impact on real science. You see my slippery Christian friend, debating these things on this site is easy, even though you cannot even reach that standard. Real science is vastly more thorough, rigorous and therefore complex.
I'm not seeking to overturn anything.

I dismiss macro evolution. That is all.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Dr. Craig simply stated that with ID one cannot predict anything, if there is no mechanistic process which can be assessed. His argument is the "cosmological argument" or "fine tuning" of the universe, which directly undermines your YEC model. Do you even understand the things you post here?
noguru,

I am young mankind and used to be YEC though I lean toward YEC in my interpretation of the Bible.

I don't know what you are saying about Dr. Craig and ID. The video I posted... I don't remember anything in it about Intelligent Design. Maybe I missed something, but I just watched it today.

DavisBJ

Do you know what ID teaches? Do you know what ID is?

I remember from over ten+ years ago it has something to do with irreducible complexity.
Pretty clearly if the best you have is a 10+ year old vague recollection that ID has something to do with something, then that is hardly a subject you should engage. Now YOU pick a YEC subject you feel qualified to defend

Status
Not open for further replies.