Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

DavisBJ

Eugenie Scott "*there are examples of "good" debates where a well-prepared evolution supporter got the best of a creationist, but I can tell you after many years in this business that they are few and far between. "

She went on to try say the evolutionists hadn't prepared well enough. But the real reason creationists scientists win debates is that evidence best supports the Biblical model.
Is it truth that wins a debate, or the skill of the most persuasive debater?

Stuu

Eugenie Scott "*there are examples of "good" debates where a well-prepared evolution supporter got the best of a creationist, but I can tell you after many years in this business that they are few and far between. "

She went on to try say the evolutionists hadn't prepared well enough. But the real reason creationists scientists win debates is that evidence best supports the Biblical model.
Do you understand what the word 'cite' means?

It's a pretty basic concept for anyone with any knowledge of scientific or historical methods.

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You do know Michael that Uri Geller was exposed as a fraud years ago by James Randi? The spoon bending was a clever trick that had nothing to do with Satan or any other fictitious character. Geller would have regained some respect had he come clean in the beginning and admitted it was trickery for the purpose of entertainment, like all stage magicians.

Well, you are a kind soul indeed. A geyser of info!! I tried going to Google and I typed in Old Bones, etc. and got nowhere, so I finally gave up.

Now I know Uri didn't do it by magic, but he could have. It's sort of like the magicians from Moses time. Aaron threw his rod down and it turned into a snake. And the magicians threw their rods down and they turned into snakes, but Aaron's snake ate both of their snakes!! So see, some do it by magic and some do it by actuality, even though he can't 'prove' his way out of it. From what I understand, he is making a healthy living now out of finding diamonds by telling Egypt where to dig, etc. I know he is a millionaire. All that I can do is relay what the angel said to me.

I live in middle England Michael.

You just type what you are looking for into a Google search bar and press enter. But anyway I did the work for you and provided a link. Whenever you see a piece of text with a line under it and maybe a different color, that's usually a link.

Like this: Have you tried Google?. Click it.

The name James Randi above is also a link.

All the best

You never cease to impress me. I never thought to type in 'age of man.' Yes, I watched that episode of Uri on Johnny Carson when I was younger. I don't think he was able to do anything though.

Now Hedshaker, you know how wonderful it is that you and Noguru are to me as friends. But I'm finally deciding to be an OEC (Old Earth Creationist). I don't have all of the answers, except I did believe it for up to 40 years. I can't quite remember when the religious experience I had happened, but I remember I thought it odd that it was written, "And He called THEIR name 'Adam' in the day THEY were created." That was the flint stone that changed my understanding of the situation in earth's history of men/women. I don't want to mislead anybody, so I'll keep my beliefs on some things under my hat from now on, because I switched back and forth like a badminton birdie.

Thank you so very much to you and to Noguru for doing all the hard work for me, work I could not probably ever figure out how to do. Noguru is such a good person and so are you, and one is Christian and the other Atheist. I think it's wonderful. I definitely am going to study the links you gave me Hedshaker. The world is my oyster now!! So Hedshaker, this means that man is older than 6,000 years old, right? I will study the links and find out probably anyways. You have a wonderful life and Make It COUNT!!

Best Wishes and Cheerio!!

Michael

:eek: :confused:

:think:

noguru

Can we see the rest of the quote that you claim was meant by the bold faced part?

And can you include the reference to the original text in its entirety?

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
It is amazing that even after Randi exposed Geller as a fraud on the Tonight Show that people still believed he was psychic and had special powers. It is just like with Mark Seemsohigh (and others like him), where even after the misconceptions have been clearly exposed, he continues unabated in his fervor for his claims.

Dear Noguru,

Thanks so very much!! Still, I do believe Uri had powers, even though they were similar to magicians abilities too. It was Uri's 'wound.' A Frenchman came after Uri doing the same miracles, and they studied it at the Stanford Research Institute. His name was Jean-Pierre Girard. The angel told me he was the False Prophet and that Uri was the Antichrist/beast. You remember Moses' snake and the two magicians' snakes. Moses staff turned to a snake by a miracle from God, the magicians by the devil, and Moses' snakes ate up the magicians' snakes. COOL!!!!

I have had so many friends come to this Thread and I am the luckiest man in the world for your support and care, and help. I am near tears. I shed some, but they did not fall on my keyboard. But I had to dry the moisture in my eyes. Too bad I don't still wear contacts. (I had both eyes operated on and now I see 20/20. Thanks again, you guys!! Sometimes, I get so sentimental.

God Bless Your Large Hearts!!

Michael

:confused:

:think:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Michael, an obligate bipedal hominid means the animal is a hominid, though not necessarily a homo sapien sapien. Obligate bipedal means they walked primarily on two legs.

Hominidae

Homo sapien

Dear noguru,

Yes, I was quite surprised when I heard they could walk on two feet. I thought we hit our homo homo sapien. Well, I'm going to be up late listening to everyone's links for me. This shall be an interesting night. Thank you again, Noguru, for setting me on the right path. I'm tired of being a ping-pong ball. Heheheheh!!

May God Enrich Your Lives As A Favor To Me (As I Pray To Him)!!

Michael

:drum:

Hedshaker

If you mean the belief in a common ancestor...that is not science.*

The Theory of Evolution is science. Here, let me answer your next 3 assertions to save you the bother. yes it is. Yes it is. Yes it is....

Who cares? Well atheists sure seemed to care buying his books and admiring him... until he declared that scientific evidence does not support atheism.*

Never met on yet who gives a jot.**

Evolutionism and creationism are both beliefs about the past and not science.

noguru answers that quite well.

Originally Posted by noguru View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6days View Post
Creationism is not science...it is a belief about the past.

Evolutionism is not science...it is a belief about the past.

All scientific conclusions are understandings of past events. Of course the difference between evolution (the naturalistic model of origins) and creationism (the "supernaturalistic" model of origins) is that we can make predictions about future events based on evolution (the natural world). Then when those events have passed we can make conclusions about whether a prediction was verified/falsified. Which predictions about future events can you make using your supernatural YEC model of origins?

ToE does encompass real empirical science such as natural selection. Natural selection is also part of the Biblical creation model. Natural selection was written about *by a creationist before Darwin wrote about it. *Creationists and evolutionists examine the same evidence...the same science, but have different beliefs about the past.*

Biblical creation is a myth not a model. Science does not support a talking snake or cursed fruit.

We agree.

Good, so we keep creationism/ID out of science class.

You do believe in magic if you think life can come from non life.*

You do believe in magic if you think codes dont require a code maker.

Scientism is your religion if you believe in multi universes.*

What I believe is supported by science...We know that life only comes from life. And I believe that life giver is the Creator God of the Bible. The evidence supports the belief in a uncaused Creator.

It's good that you think you know what other people believe. No arrogance there then :blabla:

So about your scientific theory of an un-caused creator. What is it? Don't be afraid to go into detail. Start with the functioning of gods creation factory and where it is.

Yes it does.

No it doesn't.**

History, archaeology and science provide some of the external evidences that Gods Word is accurate.*

Sure it does. :rotfl: **

As I thought... you didnt answer the challenge that Gods Word is inerrant. Dont use a cut a paste list. But name one thing from God's Word that science, history or archaeology has conclusively proven wrong. *(Pick one item only,from any of the internet lists, you wish to defend)

If you think I'm here to dance to your tune you must be, as suspected, seriously deluded. Snakes cannot talk. They don't got the larynx, see?

We agree again!*

Good, so we keep creationism/ID out of the science class. **

I'm done with this. Feel free to massage your ego until you achieve happiness.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Mike Makes Predictions For Noguru!

Mike Makes Predictions For Noguru!

All scientific conclusions are understandings of past events. Of course the difference between evolution (the naturalistic model of origins) and creationism (the "supernaturalistic" model of origins) is that we can make predictions about future events based on evolution (the natural world). Then when those events have passed we can make conclusions about whether a prediction was verified/falsified. Which predictions about future events can you make using your supernatural YEC model of origins?

Dear noguru,

Hi! It's Michael. This post was for 6days. About the last sentence, I can make some predictions. I can predict that BEFORE the Great Earthquake in L.A./Hollywood, there will be an Earthquake Greater than any since man has been on earth first or initially. I cannot say definitely where that earthquake will be. My best belief is a resounding, definite Phoenix, AZ. At Least 7,000 men shall die. It will split the city into 3 parts. It could be NYC, but I'm betting my money on Phoenix. OK, noguru, that is TWO predictions I will make. Before Jesus Returns, many people shall see the sign of His Coming by watching the moon. No, I'm not talking about a lunar eclipse. Something else. Most, if not, all of you shall see it. That's my THIRD prediction. Hollywood/L.A. shall be utterly burnt with fire. And there shall also be a great flood there. Well, that's FIVE predictions. And I could go on. These things you will see happen before the next few years. Now, I'm still struggling with being a OEC or YEC, but those things I've just told you, I do know about, for sure. Hope you'll give me that chance. God Bless A Brother!!

Michael

alwight

Hi Michael,
Yep, I forgot to address that. I've got to lose 30 pounds. It takes time. I just hope that I don't gain it back. I would be bummed.
It's sure not easy.

She once predicted she would be gone in 2012 so I'm doing quite well I think.
I'm glad she was wrong. There's a reason that she's so old. How long did her Mom live?
I think my grandmother was in her eighties, just how it is I suppose.

I don't know what an SD card is yet. My CD player is on a CD disc.
Can you back up your SD card in case someday it gets lost or stolen? Wouldn't want to lose all of that music!
SD cards are common memory cards found in cameras and computers. It's simply a digital copy of my music so even if they get lost it doesn't really matter I can always make a new one. Modern car CD players will let you play many hours of MP3 recordings rather than having to carry your CDs around, it's a similar idea. Then again I haven't bought any CDs for a long time, I download my new music.

I can swim now. Learned in High School in 10th grade. The coach taught us how to cup our hands fairly tight. I can even float almost indefinitely. Especially in an ocean which buoys you up more.

Well, I guess London might just have swimming pools. What I meant about beaches was around the east and west, and south of England, being surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean. Do you have sandy beaches or are they all rock? The ones here in AZ have rock and that sucks, because you can barely walk on the way in. You basically have to dive in to avoid the foot pain.
Most beaches on the Isle of Wight are sandy while other parts near here can be sand or pebbles.

I will chat again with you soon, I hope. It's fun!!!

All The Best!!

Michael

:sheep: :drum:
Thanks Michael,
:cheers:

noguru

Dear noguru,

Hi! It's Michael. This post was for 6days. About the last sentence, I can make some predictions. I can predict that BEFORE the Great Earthquake in L.A./Hollywood, there will be an Earthquake Greater than any since man has been on earth first or initially. I cannot say definitely where that earthquake will be. My best belief is a resounding, definite Phoenix, AZ. At Least 7,000 men shall die. It will split the city into 3 parts. It could be NYC, but I'm betting my money on Phoenix. OK, noguru, that is TWO predictions I will make. Before Jesus Returns, many people shall see the sign of His Coming by watching the moon. No, I'm not talking about a lunar eclipse. Something else. Most, if not, all of you shall see it. That's my THIRD prediction. Hollywood/L.A. shall be utterly burnt with fire. And there shall also be a great flood there. Well, that's FIVE predictions. And I could go on. These things you will see happen before the next few years. Now, I'm still struggling with being a OEC or YEC, but those things I've just told you, I do know about, for sure. Hope you'll give me that chance. God Bless A Brother!!

Michael

I don't think I will have a choice but to give you a chance and see if your predictions line up. But those are not the kind of predictions I was referring to. And I do not think they confirm the creation model or falsify the naturalistic model.

noguru

Dear noguru,

Michael

I don't think I will have a choice but to give you a chance and see if your predictions line up. But those are not the kind of predictions I was referring to. And I do not think they confirm the creation model or falsify the naturalistic model.

Hedshaker

Originally Posted by MichaelCadry View Post
I don't know what an SD card is yet. My CD player is on a CD disc.
Can you back up your SD card in case someday it gets lost or stolen? Wouldn't want to lose all of that music!

SD cards are common memory cards found in cameras and computers. It's simply a digital copy of my music so even if they get lost it doesn't really matter I can always make a new one. Modern car CD players will let you play many hours of MP3 recordings rather than having to carry your CDs around, it's a similar idea. Then again I haven't bought any CDs for a long time, I download my new music.

Michael, Al

Isn't modern technology grand? In my bedroom/studio I have my main computer, laptop, smart TV and smart phone all networked to my broadband service. When I'm out walking the dogs or riding the bus I can listen to music from my phone, or I can stream podcasts. I don't listen with headbuds when cycling, too dangerous. I keep all my files backed up to an external usb hard drive, just in case.

Love it. If we had this technology in the 60s and 70s we could have really rock and rolled :drum:

6days

Hedshaker said:
6days said:
If you mean the belief in a common ancestor...that is not science.

The Theory of Evolution is science.

The belief in a common ancestor is scientism. It is NOT science.*

Oxfordictionary.comThe intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment

The belief in a common ancestor is not observable, nor can you do repeatable experiments.*

Hedshaker said:
6days said:
Evolutionism and creationism are both beliefs about the past and not science.

noguru answers that quite well.

Who?

See above for a definition of science.

At best what might be said is that evolutionism and creationism are a type of historical science.
Hedshaker said:
6days said:
ToE does encompass real empirical science such as natural selection. Natural selection is also part of the Biblical creation model. Natural selection was written about by a creationist before Darwin wrote about it. Creationists and evolutionists examine the same evidence...the same science, but have different beliefs about the past.

Biblical creation is a myth not a model. Science does not support a talking snake or cursed fruit.

Neither does science support life coming from non life...but that is the atheistic model. The Biblical model which thousands of scientists agree to is that in the beginning God created.

The Biblical account does tell of the serpent in the garden...and later of a donkey supernaturally given voice.*

Hedshaker said:
Good, so we keep creationism/ID out of science class.

Hedshaker said:
Thats easy to do if evolutionism is out of the science class. Natural selection, genetic drift, adaptation etc can be taught in science class without discussing religuous beliefs.

Hedshaker said:
So*about your scientific theory of an un-caused creator. What is it?

An uncaused Creator is a logical conclusion of the evidence. Everything that that has a beginning has a cause. What caused everything?

Atheists might answer energy (quantum fluctation) caused evetything.

So...where did energy come from?

Is energy your uncaused cause?

The logical conclusion of the evidence is that the uncaused cause is the omniscient Creator God of the Bible.*

alwight

Michael, Al

Isn't modern technology grand? In my bedroom/studio I have my main computer, laptop, smart TV and smart phone all networked to my broadband service. When I'm out walking the dogs or riding the bus I can listen to music from my phone, or I can stream podcasts. I don't listen with headbuds when cycling, too dangerous. I keep all my files backed up to an external usb hard drive, just in case.

Love it. If we had this technology in the 60s and 70s we could have really rock and rolled :drum:
Yes kids of today might not understand. I remember the "fun" of rewinding a compact cassette because what you wanted was always somewhere down at the other end or somewhere on the other side.
Then one day tapes could be played either way, that was quite good.
Then they could fast forward to a gap in the music which may or may not have been the start of a new track? :liberals:.
CD players usually meant you could find what you wanted to play if you had the right CD with you, which I usually didn't.
Then you could fill your own CDs with MP3s and find tracks easily.

Now I could live in my car for a month and never have to run out of music or repeat a track with what is already on SD, and they don't clutter up the car.
Or I could plug in an iPod...I never know what to play, too much choice, so I might as well just listen to the radio...:bang: Just like the old days let someone else pick the music.
:tunes:

Hedshaker

The belief in a common ancestor is scientism. It is NOT science.*

The Scientific Case for Common Descent

Common descent

More Common descent

The Proof Is in the Proteins: Test Supports Universal Common Ancestor for All Life

I know, I know it's the great atheist scientific conspiracy again.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24936-1366672649-1.gif

Oxfordictionary.comThe intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behaviour of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment

So how does any of that apply to creationism, exactly?

The belief in a common ancestor is not observable, nor can you do repeatable experiments.*

But you can for creationism eh? I see :comeout: :nono:

Lalalalalalalalala.... I can't hear you.

stock-photo-annoyed-businessman-covering-his-ears-with-his-hands-111131882.jpg

See above for a definition of science.

And how does your definition apply to creation myths?

At best what might be said is that evolutionism and creationism are a type of historical science.

Except that the Theory of Evolution is science and creationism is religion. This is getting boring.

Neither does science support life coming from non life...but that is the atheistic model. The Biblical model which thousands of scientists agree to is that in the beginning God created.

Spoken like a well trained parrot. At some point life must have come from none life whether it was poofed by one of the many magic supernatural gods or whether it emerged naturally. Since no supernatural magic has ever been observed and everything that once was thought to be supernatural turns out to be perfectly natural, I plum for the natural. You must believe what ever floats your boat.

I will not repeat myself again. Further parrot-like repartition will be answered by the following: religious platitude.

The Biblical account does tell of the serpent in the garden...and later of a donkey supernaturally given voice.*

My personal favourite apologetic, which I heard years ago on another forum, was: of course the serpent couldn't talk but Satan may have been throwing his voice from behind a bush. Brilliant! How elegant is that? The snake was Satan's ventriloquists dummy. Could have happened that way. But in a topsy turvy world where anything can happen it might not have even been Satan. What if it was a cheeky leprechaun playing games. Wouldn't that be something? A playful leprechaun causes original sin through Satan by proxy. Deep!

Hedshaker said:
Thats easy to do if evolutionism is out of the science class. Natural selection, genetic drift, adaptation etc can be taught in science class without discussing religuous beliefs.

Are you quoting me there cause I don't remember saying that and I certainly wouldn't refer to the scientific Theory of Evolution as evolutionism so you've lost me on that bit.

An uncaused Creator is a logical conclusion of the evidence. Everything that that has a beginning has a cause. What caused everything?

So where did this "uncaused Creator" come from then? It either popped into existence from nothing or always existed in nothing, which is essentially the same thing, isn't it? I mean, there's no always in nothing. In fact, there's no anything in nothing. Nothing is just, you know...... nothing. But please try to resist with the usual apologetics..... god is outside of time blah blah. I've heard em all at least 4.5 billion times :)

The thing that strikes me as most odd about the god concept is that you guys take it seriously. Many centuries ago, pre-science, poor education etc, maybe such superstitious mumbo jumbo could appear viable. But in this age? Really?? Oh well. Takes all sorts I guess :think:

I don't buy it and I'm far from alone. Maybe I'm just a few centuries before my time....<insert meaningful French phrase here>

Atheists might answer energy (quantum fluctation) caused evetything.

I don't know and neither do you. Therefore I can't tell you what I believe but I can tell you what I don't believe: I do not believe there was ever any such thing as "nothing". Nothing is a fantasy. From nothing, nothing comes. The Big Bang event may be responsible for the eye blink we call the universe but no one, including cosmologists and theologians, can possibly know the state of existence before then. There is no shame IMHO in admitting you don't know when such knowledge is not available. The only shame is pretending you do know or believing that ancient pre-science, superstitious people had the foggiest idea. They didn't' I don't. You don't, nor does anyone.

So...where did energy come from?

We can only make assumptions based on what we do know at this time. Energy cannot be created and cannot be destroyed but can change form. Why assume that has ever been any different? The transformation of energy goes on around us all the time. What did pre Big Bang energy mean....? Don't know, neither do you, nor does anyone.

Is energy your uncaused cause?

Covered above.

The logical conclusion of the evidence is that the uncaused cause is the omniscient Creator God of the Bible.*

Bald assertion and religious platitude. Believe what you want, it's your mind.

The Parrot Sketch

Now, I've already wasted far too much time on this and, believe it or not, I do have a life outside this forum. So I really am done now. No really. I'm giving you last word. Fill your boots. Get original and tell us
what a wonderful time it is to be a Christian and how science supports the Biblical account. One more time can't hurt

:drum:......... It's your stage, don't hold back :)

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Hedshaker,

Yes, technology has been super-kind to us, even being able to share our words with each other. Without it all, we would not even be having this thread and posts. Thank God that He helped cause it to be!! And I would have had a hell of a time trying to reach all of you people with my sign standing on a street corner (or in front of Walmart). I twitter too, and wow, do I get people wanting a copy of my Free book. My newest addition is available as of yesterday. It is the 6th Edition. The 5th and 6th Edition has almost the same covers. One just says 6th Edition on the cover and the spine of the book. I've also contacted Israel and U.S. President Obama with copies of my book and Proof Pages. Thank you God for the great computer, our Brother Word Processor. I had that before, just to write my book. Well, will close for now, brother!

God Give You The Heads Up On The Truth,

Michael

noguru

The Scientific Case for Common Descent

Common descent

More Common descent

The Proof Is in the Proteins: Test Supports Universal Common Ancestor for All Life

I know, I know it's the great atheist scientific conspiracy again.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-24936-1366672649-1.gif

So how does any of that apply to creationism, exactly?

But you can for creationism eh? I see :comeout: :nono:

Lalalalalalalalala.... I can't hear you.

stock-photo-annoyed-businessman-covering-his-ears-with-his-hands-111131882.jpg

And how does your definition apply to creation myths?

Except that the Theory of Evolution is science and creationism is religion. This is getting boring.

Spoken like a well trained parrot. At some point life must have come from none life whether it was poofed by one of the many magic supernatural gods or whether it emerged naturally. Since no supernatural magic has ever been observed and everything that once was thought to be supernatural turns out to be perfectly natural, I plum for the natural. You must believe what ever floats your boat.

I will not repeat myself again. Further parrot-like repartition will be answered by the following: religious platitude.

My personal favourite apologetic, which I heard years ago on another forum, was: of course the serpent couldn't talk but Satan may have been throwing his voice from behind a bush. Brilliant! How elegant is that? The snake was Satan's ventriloquists dummy. Could have happened that way. But in a topsy turvy world where anything can happen it might not have even been Satan. What if it was a cheeky leprechaun playing games. Wouldn't that be something? A playful leprechaun causes original sin through Satan by proxy. Deep!

Are you quoting me there cause I don't remember saying that and I certainly wouldn't refer to the scientific Theory of Evolution as evolutionism so you've lost me on that bit.

So where did this "uncaused Creator" come from then? It either popped into existence from nothing or always existed in nothing, which is essentially the same thing, isn't it? I mean, there's no always in nothing. In fact, there's no anything in nothing. Nothing is just, you know...... nothing. But please try to resist with the usual apologetics..... god is outside of time blah blah. I've heard em all at least 4.5 billion times :)

The thing that strikes me as most odd about the god concept is that you guys take it seriously. Many centuries ago, pre-science, poor education etc, maybe such superstitious mumbo jumbo could appear viable. But in this age? Really?? Oh well. Takes all sorts I guess :think:

I don't buy it and I'm far from alone. Maybe I'm just a few centuries before my time....<insert meaningful French phrase here>

I don't know and neither do you. Therefore I can't tell you what I believe but I can tell you what I don't believe: I do not believe there was ever any such thing as "nothing". Nothing is a fantasy. From nothing, nothing comes. The Big Bang event may be responsible for the eye blink we call the universe but no one, including cosmologists and theologians, can possibly know the state of existence before then. There is no shame IMHO in admitting you don't know when such knowledge is not available. The only shame is pretending you do know or believing that ancient pre-science, superstitious people had the foggiest idea. They didn't' I don't. You don't, nor does anyone.

We can only make assumptions based on what we do know at this time. Energy cannot be created and cannot be destroyed but can change form. Why assume that has ever been any different? The transformation of energy goes on around us all the time. What did pre Big Bang energy mean....? Don't know, neither do you, nor does anyone.

Covered above.

Bald assertion and religious platitude. Believe what you want, it's your mind.

The Parrot Sketch

Now, I've already wasted far too much time on this and, believe it or not, I do have a life outside this forum. So I really am done now. No really. I'm giving you last word. Fill your boots. Get original and tell us
what a wonderful time it is to be a Christian and how science supports the Biblical account. One more time can't hurt

:drum:......... It's your stage, don't hold back :)

Excellent post. Thank you for the time and effort to address 6gays (the most extreme simpleton I have yet witnessed on this site, and there are lots of them) absurd response. Especially the links at the very beginning. I certainly appreciate this post as I have come near to the end of my patience in responding to his repeated errors and illogical comments. I really do not know how 6gays remembers to breathe, given the sheer stupidity of the majority of his posts.

Here is an accurate and astute assessment from your first link.

Furthermore, because it is not part of evolutionary theory, abiogenesis also is not considered in this discussion of macroevolution: abiogenesis is an independent hypothesis. In evolutionary theory it is taken as axiomatic that an original self-replicating life form existed in the distant past, regardless of its origin. All scientific theories have their respective, specific explanatory domains; no scientific theory proposes to explain everything. Quantum mechanics does not explain the ultimate origin of particles and energy, even though nothing in that theory could work without particles and energy. Neither Newton's theory of universal gravitation nor the general theory of relativity attempt to explain the origin of matter or gravity, even though both theories would be meaningless without the a priori existence of gravity and matter. Similarly, universal common descent is restricted to the biological patterns found in the Earth's biota; it does not attempt to explain the ultimate origin of life.

I find this quite appropriate for creationists, because this is what separates these boys from the men of science and philosophy. They ultimately fall back upon the mysteries regarding the origins of life and/or the origins of matter/energy in their misguided zeal to support their theological faith. In doing this they make complete fools of themselves. But in their mind it is OK to be a fool for Jesus.

It kind of reminds me of this following song by The Main Ingredient:

Everybody Plays the Fool

I always thought it was Smokey Robinson.

At any rate I just want you to know that your time (and effort) was not wasted on me.

Last edited:

DavisBJ

Because I just recently started participating in this thread, I have been scanning over some of the prior posts. This one caught my attention:
Einstein was giving answer to probably an atheist who had asked him if he was an atheist. He said "never, I could never be an atheist. True that I can't believe in a personal God, but an atheist I could never be." That's from his pen in his "Of My Later Years."…
I have the book Ben mentions (with the proviso that the title is actually “Out of My Later Years”), and I wanted to see in context what was being said. Unless Ben’s copy is radically different than mine, the entire quote Ben attributes to Einstein is a sheer fabrication. I searched for the exact quote, to no avail. Then I made several searches for approximate content that might allow Ben’s quote to be just a paraphrase – searches using just the words “personal”, “atheist”, “believe”, and even “never”. Nothing even close was found. But here is a direct quote from the book, as Ben says, “from (Einstein’s) pen”:

In their struggle for the ethical good, teachers of religion must have the stature to give up the doctrine of a personal God, that is, give up that source of fear and hope which in the past placed such vast power in the hands of priests. In their labors they will have to avail themselves of those forces which are capable of cultivating the Good, the True, and the Beautiful in humanity itself.

Hedshaker

Excellent post. Thank you for the time and effort to address 6gays (the most extreme simpleton I have yet witnessed on this site, and there are lots of them) absurd response. Especially the links at the very beginning. I certainly appreciate this post as I have come near to the end of my patience in responding to his repeated errors and illogical comments. I really do not know how 6gays remembers to breathe, given the sheer stupidity of the majority of his posts.

Here is an accurate and astute assessment from your first link.

Quote:
Furthermore, because it is not part of evolutionary theory, abiogenesis also is not considered in this discussion of macroevolution: abiogenesis is an independent hypothesis. In evolutionary theory it is taken as axiomatic that an original self-replicating life form existed in the distant past, regardless of its origin. All scientific theories have their respective, specific explanatory domains; no scientific theory proposes to explain everything. Quantum mechanics does not explain the ultimate origin of particles and energy, even though nothing in that theory could work without particles and energy. Neither Newton's theory of universal gravitation nor the general theory of relativity attempt to explain the origin of matter or gravity, even though both theories would be meaningless without the a priori existence of gravity and matter. Similarly, universal common descent is restricted to the biological patterns found in the Earth's biota; it does not attempt to explain the ultimate origin of life.

I find this quite appropriate for creationists, because this is what separates these boys from the men of science and philosophy. They ultimately fall back upon the mysteries regarding the origins of life and/or the origins of matter/energy in their misguided zeal to support their theological faith. In doing this they make complete fools of themselves. But in their mind it is OK to be a fool for Jesus.

It kind of reminds me of this following song by The Main Ingredient:

Everybody Plays the Fool

I always thought it was Smokey Robinson.

At any rate I just want you to know that your time (and effort) was not wasted on me.

Well, thank you for the compliment old friend, it's good to know that at least someone appreciates the effort. I began that reply to 6days intending to keep it short and simple because of a Drum & Bass project I've been working on, but then kind of got a little carried away. This is often why I try not to get too involved with these exchanges. It's all too easy to get overly consumed in something that can detract from precious moments of creativity and inspiration.

However, even when it is obvious that ones opponent gains nothing from the effort, it is heart warming to learn that someone else does.

Thank you :thumb:

And now for something completely different :)

Ha ha!

Last edited:

Hedshaker

Dear Hedshaker,

Yes, technology has been super-kind to us, even being able to share our words with each other. Without it all, we would not even be having this thread and posts. Thank God that He helped cause it to be!! And I would have had a hell of a time trying to reach all of you people with my sign standing on a street corner (or in front of Walmart). I twitter too, and wow, do I get people wanting a copy of my Free book. My newest addition is available as of yesterday. It is the 6th Edition. The 5th and 6th Edition has almost the same covers. One just says 6th Edition on the cover and the spine of the book. I've also contacted Israel and U.S. President Obama with copies of my book and Proof Pages. Thank you God for the great computer, our Brother Word Processor. I had that before, just to write my book. Well, will close for now, brother!

God Give You The Heads Up On The Truth,

Michael

Michael, do you ever give anyone full credit for their hard work, creativity and inspiration? Yes modern technology is awesome but it it solely due to the inspiration and hard work of those trailblazers who themselves stand on the shoulders of the deep thinkers that preceded them.

Every single advancement in technology, medicine, engineering, knowledge and just about everything that we enjoy today has come about by the great works and sheer diligence that emanates from the human spirit.

Quite frankly it leaves me cold that anyone with a natural functioning brain should feel the need to belittle their effort in favour of sand castles in the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.