Creation vs. Evolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedshaker

Because I just recently started participating in this thread, I have been scanning over some of the prior posts. This one caught my attention:

Originally Posted by Ben Masada View Post
Einstein was giving answer to probably an atheist who had asked him if he was an atheist. He said "never, I could never be an atheist. True that I can't believe in a personal God, but an atheist I could never be." That's from his pen in his "Of My Later Years."
I have the book Ben mentions (with the proviso that the title is actually “Out of My Later Years”), and I wanted to see in context what was being said. Unless Ben’s copy is radically different than mine, the entire quote Ben attributes to Einstein is a sheer fabrication. I searched for the exact quote, to no avail. Then I made several searches for approximate content that might allow Ben’s quote to be just a paraphrase – searches using just the words “personal”, “atheist”, “believe”, and even “never”. Nothing even close was found. But here is a direct quote from the book, as Ben says, “from (Einstein’s) pen”:

In their struggle for the ethical good, teachers of religion must have the stature to give up the doctrine of a personal God, that is, give up that source of fear and hope which in the past placed such vast power in the hands of priests. In their labors they will have to avail themselves of those forces which are capable of cultivating the Good, the True, and the Beautiful in humanity itself.

Indeed, quote mining appears to be the creationists favourite sport :)

DavisBJ

Indeed, quote mining appears to be the creationists favourite sport :)
Quote mining is a bit different, and less serious, than sheer fabrication of a quote. One is a disingenuous use of what someone said, but fabrication is blatant lying. The interesting part is that fabrication leaves the creationist more vulnerable to being exposed, as in this case.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Mark,

I prayed to God once again, asking for a sign of rain or not. This I am allowed to do by what it says in "Rev. 11:8, "these have power that it rain not or rain." That's just the gist of what it says. It's been my help all my life from Him, except for the 7 inches of snow on the Daily New's Building in NYC.

The Lord told me He made MORE than one Adam. It is still exactly as I originally wrote in my book. So I got talked into becoming a YEC by 6days for nothing. And I apologized to everyone because I thought I was wrong and that it might be a lying spirit, but the Lord reassured me that it was not. So I embarrassed myself for nothing, and now people wonder if the rest of what I have to say is true or not. I'm going to make this post to you public on my Creation vs. Evolution thread, 'cause it says things perfectly. Now what do you believe in? An old earth but a young Adam and Eve. You notice that God created one man and named him Adam. And He created a woman for him by using one of Adam's ribs, but the rest of her He made from the ground. God is an extremely wonderful Chemist. There are minerals and all kinds of compounds in the ground. And the oxygen came when He breathed it into His nostrils (Our Adam). Have you seen the intricacies and life inside a rock. There is beauty and crystals. They are wonderful. Have you ever been in a cavern?? Do you know that plants and trees bear us oxygen?

The way it was told to me was that God created Adam before a number of times, and destroyed them each time, because they kept choosing wickedness and war, etc. each time He had to wipe the earth clean of them. He had to wipe the dinosaurs off of the earth because He wanted man to have utter dominion over the animals, and He couldn't have man on earth with the dinosaurs. Though it might have happened for a short time. The dinosaurs had dominion over the hominids or whoever for a while there. How'd you like to have domination over a Tyrannosaurus Rex or Brontosaurus? No, only the tortoises, elephants, alligators, etc. we have left, among others.

Any way, I am an OEC now, back to my usual beliefs, and my book stands and stays true. Especially Chapter 7, etc. So now, how do you feel. I don't understand that you are OELEB or whatever you said. Where it is written, "And He called THEIR name Adam in the 'day' when THEY were created. Man has spanned a much longer time on earth than just 6,000 years.

Can't wait to hear your beliefs about these things. You know that I am pleased with what you say and it makes me ponder indeed.

Much Love From God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit!!

Michael[/QUOTE]

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
So how does a creationist view have life coming from life?

Stuart

Dear Stuu,

A creationist view has life, which God first gave us, He Himself having life to give to us, and He has made it so that men and women can have life form in their predestination as being mothers and bearing new life. Children. And the man and the woman, whose seed is within itself, it much like the fruit trees, and herbs, and grass, whose seed is in itself comes from life to life also.

Hope that helps some.

God Be With You, Stuart!

Michael

:)

:mario:

:nono:

DavisBJ

Deja Voux

Deja Voux

Furthermore Einstein referred to the expansion of the universe as God at His work of Creation. Also from his book, "Out of My Later years."
Once again Ben has claimed Einstein said something in his book “Out of My Later Years” that I cannot find in my copy. I searched using a number of relevant terms, so I would be interested in seeing if Ben will show where in the book it was said, or admit it does not say it at all.

Personally, I can’t envision Ben intentionally attributing quotes to Einstein that do not exist. I hope it is nothing more than Ben relying on a secondary source (an unreliable secondary source) for the supposed quotes, without actually confirming for himself whether they existed or not.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Theory of Evolution is science. Here, let me answer your next 3 assertions to save you the bother.
yes it is. Yes it is. Yes it is....

Never met on yet who gives a jot.**

noguru answers that quite well.

Biblical creation is a myth not a model. Science does not support a talking snake or cursed fruit.

Good, so we keep creationism/ID out of science class.

It's good that you think you know what other people believe. No arrogance there then :blabla:

So about your scientific theory of an un-caused creator. What is it? Don't be afraid to go into detail. Start with the functioning of gods creation factory and where it is.

No it doesn't.**

Sure it does. :rotfl: **

If you think I'm here to dance to your tune you must be, as suspected, seriously deluded. Snakes cannot talk. They don't got the larynx, see?

Good, so we keep creationism/ID out of the science class. **

I'm done with this. Feel free to massage your ego until you achieve happiness.

Hedshaker and 6days,

The snake talked telepathically. So did Adam and Eve, and the Lord God to them, and them to the Lord God. It is that way in Heaven also. You don't use your mouth because you don't have one in Heaven. You'll all see once you get there. What comes to your mind to say, you go to speak it, and the other person hears already what you are going to say. It's really quite interesting. This is something I know about, though. You'll understand soon enough.

Thanks,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear Everyone,

I'm kind of tired 2nite, or else I would have gotten to everyone's posts. Will chat again through posts tomorrow. Don't forget that Jesus said, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the ending." Have respect for Him and don't tax Him so. You treat Him very irreverently. Not cool at all. You've got to be sure to remember that He has the Ace of Spades and is going to end and win the game. No matter who likes to play creationist, theist, or evolutionist. You are all chopping your heads off before you get to the chopping block. He has the right to say whether you live or die. When you find out that literally means forever, you'd be smart to get your heads together. Don't ever consider that this is just a 'big game of Monopoly.' There are no Get Out Of Jail cards. And what if YOU are the one who is IN JAIL??? It does not matter about whether you're thinking. You are all humans facing a MONUMENTAL Decision. Don't let it pass you by because of some stubborn belief. This is all the real thing this time. This isn't just a wipe-out for a surfer. When Jesus walked on water, He had Angels helping Him to do it. Peter was doing it for a bit, but lost his faith. Make Sure You Let God Be The One Doing The Leading!!!! Love Will Get You Through It.

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

I'm very sorry if I lied to you. Let me know where I lied about you. No, your words made me think twice about what I was believing as an OEC. So I tried it your way and it felt so much simpler to believe. But I had to go back with OEC because YEC has a couple things I have trouble with believing. I'm not a liar. I just reacted with too much zealousness. But, even though it's simpler to believe, I can't go with YEC.

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

I'm not saying you misled me or anything. I just tried your YEC for myself and it felt pretty good, not so hard to follow. But that's like Yusuf Islam (Cat Stevens) joining Islam. It's easier to handle, but the path is still very wide. The path to God is straight and narrow.

No 6days, I'm not blaming you for anything. You're one of my best buddies here. I don't have many, but I am frankly, very blessed with the ones I do!!

The way that the Lord is explaining it to me is that He created Adam and Eve a number of times, sometimes years apart. Every time He formed man, He called THEIR name 'Adam' in the 'day' THEY were created. He told to me that He had destroyed man a number of times before our own Adam and Eve from a different Adam which lived years before our own Adam. They learn war, or evil, or fornication, and He has to keep destroying them. But now, this time, our 'Generation' of Adam and Eve is made to know the difference between Good and Evil, and to choose the Good over the Evil. That is our Adam's and Eve's goal this lifetime of Adam. No one said that Jesus came in other previous Adam and 'Eves' generations or lifetimes. This book of our Bible is the book of OUR GENERATIONS of Adam. I would not doubt that buried very deep, there are writings/drawings of man that lived before Our Generation of Adam. This is why Jesus said, And 'THIS' GENERATION shall not pass, until all of these things be fulfilled. This Generation being since our Adam has been. That's why Jesus said those also who pierced Him shall see Him Return. This Generation of Adam. Now do you understand??

God Be With You As You Ponder,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think there are a few cards missing, but jokers are wild. :)

Dear Hedshaker and Noguru,

Yes, I'm playing with a full deck, if you only knew, and I have all of the cards and the jokers included. I'm just trying to let you know how big this decision is that you are making and the path you are choosing. It's for real, it's for keeps. Thank you for caring though. Any thing else, just ask again. Make it clearer. You've got to realize that my last post or two were because I was extremely tired. But I really don't see much wrong with them. Write me back and let me know exactly what you're unsure of.

Thanks And May God Bless Both Of You,

Michael

:nono:

:)

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

Thank you. No, you made me think twice about what I was believing (Being a YEC compared to an OEC). So I tried it your way (believed as a YEC) and it felt so much simpler. But despite it being simpler/easier to believe, I still could not believe that way (as a YEC). Because YEC does not address the situation that this earth is not young, it is old. That man is not that young, but he is older. (Just a Joke). Does this clear things up a bit? If I were YEC, how could I explain that man was only 6,000 years old, when he's supposed to be 200,000 years old? And the earth is old also (3 billion years old?). How then is this earth or mankind part of a Young Earth Creation?? Don't forget that God said He created things in six days and rested on the seventh. Ok, any questions, fire away. I've got to get something to eat. Be back soon.

Much Love Always, Of Course!!

Michael

6days

The way that the Lord is explaining it to me is that He created Adam and Eve a number of times, sometimes years apart.
Michael... There have been thousands if not millions of people who claim they receive special revelations from God. But, when their message contradicts God's Word, they are a false prophet.
Your 'interpretation' of scripture is contradictory to the gospel.
If the genealogies that connect Adam ("first Adam") to Christ("last Adam") are not accurate, then the doctrine of sin is false, the Bible is not true,...and we have no need of a savior.
Atheists often seem to understand the gospel message better than many Christians. For example...
G. Richard Bozarth said:
Destroy Adam and Eve and the original sin, and in the rubble you will find the sorry remains of the son of God. If Jesus was not the redeemer who died for our sins, and this is what evolution means, then Christianity is nothing.
(from The American Atheist, September 1978)

Also Michael... Consider that with your 'interpretation', you are undermining the words of Jesus. Jesus made various statements such as "But from the beginning of creation, ‘God made them male and female."
Please read Mark 10 so you get the full context. Jesus is talking about what Moses wrote. There was no previous creations...there were no previous Adam and Eve's.

Last edited:

Stuu

A creationist view has life, which God first gave us, He Himself having life to give to us, and He has made it so that men and women can have life form in their predestination as being mothers and bearing new life. Children.
In what sense does your god have life?

Stuart

Stuu

Eugenie Scott "*there are examples of "good" debates where a well-prepared evolution supporter got the best of a creationist, but I can tell you after many years in this business that they are few and far between. "

She went on to try say the evolutionists hadn't prepared well enough. But the real reason creationists scientists win debates is that evidence best supports the Biblical model.

Do you understand what the word 'cite' means?

It's a pretty basic concept for anyone with any knowledge of scientific or historical methods.

Stuart
Just checking in. You have posted in this thread since I requested that you cite a reference for the claim you made. Are you intending to do the honest thing?

Or are you just going to cut and run and confirm the parasitic relationship of creationism with real science?

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Dear 6days,

Oh no you don't again. There is no way to achieve a resolution of this type without just waiting until the Lord returns and asking Him about it. I'm not going to be tying an anchor around my neck and go swimming. I would just as well save myself a lot of rhetoric and any possible risk of speaking falsely in my God's name when I'll find out soon enough from the Master Himself. Why should I do it any other way??

In the Love Of God And His Son, Jesus Christ, and The Holy Ghost,

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.