Creation vs. Evolution II

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Glenn Morton included corrected figures for basalt alteration and inclusion of sodium in diatoms and calculated that during the Miocene the oceans became up to 4% LESS saline. That takes the age of the oceans back to possibly 80 million years old. And at that stage, there was far less salt being added from the land because more of the earth was covered in water, so you can then take it back even further.

Ocean salinity is an a kind of long-term equilibrium, depending on variables with values that have changed throughout the billions of years long history of the planet.

Stuart

All that was, is a theory to try and bolster the idea that there was a miocene era.

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Is there any verse in the Bible hinting that the stars (excluding the sun, of course) were created on the 4th day?

Can anyone who knows of such a verse volunteer to show me? Thank you very much.

Dear Samie,

See Gen. 1:16, "He made the stars also." Hope this helps.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Well indeed, it might be. They are the words of men. Better than the silence of the god they imagine.

Don't you think E pluribus unum is a more fitting motto than In God We Trust? The Latin one unifies, the official one divides. Is a Disunited States greater than a United States?

Stuart

Dear Stuu,

No, a Disunited States is not greater than a United States. God is not silent to those who love and Follow Him!!

Many Good Wishes!

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Classic Dunning Kruger Effect right there. But you can't see that because you don't get it. Even if you have the guts to watch the video, you still won't get. So no, it has nothing to do with being "nonplussed". That's just you thinking you're smarter than you actually are. By a large magnitude I might add. So no, it's simply a case of there being no point.

But click the link and watch the video, if you dare......

Dunning Kruger Effect

Dear Hedshaker,

I do not have a Dunning Kruger Effect. I don't think that I'm smarter than everyone else, of course not. You just don't realize where I get my information from. That's what you have a problem with. God gives me the words to write back to you and everyone else. So it is not me who thinks I'm smarter than everyone else. You just don't understand. I've gone through a lot and have learned many things and secrets that are just not revealed to you yet. There is a fourth dimension that you as yet know nothing about. Otherwise, you would be able to see God's face and other things. You're on your way to a better place if you'd just keep on trying. It is a wonderful investment to make for your eternal life. Please, hedshaker.

God's Best 4 U,

Michael

Trying To Understand You,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
............because you're too stupid to realize that you're a prime example of it.

Dear musterion,

You nailed it!! Thanks for your reply in my defense. People are always trying to trample over me and 6days just because we're trying to help them.

God Bless You And Your Loved Ones,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Classic Dunning Kruger Effect right there. But you can't see that because you don't get it. Even if you have the guts to watch the video, you still won't get. So no, it has nothing to do with being "nonplussed". That's just you thinking you're smarter than you actually are. By a large magnitude I might add. So no, it's simply a case of there being no point.

But click the link and watch the video, if you dare......

Dunning Kruger Effect

Dear Hedshaker,

I watched part of your video and didn't agree that it has anything to do with me, but maybe you. You just don't know what God's doing in the Earth right now. Something He has promised us for a LONG TIME. You will be left behind and you don't seem to care about it. If you realized your end result, you would have changed by now. But you don't seem to care, so enjoy the fire's heat.

Michael

Caino

BANNED
Banned
Dear Hedshaker,

I do not have a Dunning Kruger Effect. I don't think that I'm smarter than everyone else, of course not. You just don't realize where I get my information from. That's what you have a problem with. God gives me the words to write back to you and everyone else. So it is not me who thinks I'm smarter than everyone else. You just don't understand. I've gone through a lot and have learned many things and secrets that are just not revealed to you yet. There is a fourth dimension that you as yet know nothing about. Otherwise, you would be able to see God's face and other things. You're on your way to a better place if you'd just keep on trying. It is a wonderful investment to make for your eternal life. Please, hedshaker.

God's Best 4 U,

Michael

Trying To Understand You,

Michael

This is sort of how the Bible books were written, people like Michael taking themselves too seriously, thinking they were writing Gods words.

6days

What do you mean? A mountain or two?
Michael... Your statement that God can do anything is not quite correct.
Here are some things God can not do.....
1. He cannot die, nor can Jesus die again (Deut 32:39-40 /Rom. 6:9-10
2. God cannot lie (Heb. 6:18).
3. God can't be illogical . He can't draw a round square. (Matt. 19:26 / James 1:13}
4. God cannot stop being God (Mal. 3:6).
5. God can't learn new things. He already is all knowing (Psa. 139:1-4)
6. God cannot be fooled (Num 32:23).
7. God can't accept less than your whole heart (Deut. 6:5).

These are a few of the things God can't do. However He can do everything that is within His nature. He can't do things outside of His nature...or, He would not be God.

Greg Jennings

If the sea is getting saltier every year, this is another possible evidence confirming God's Word and its truth.
"Many processes (see below) bring salts into the sea, while they don’t leave the sea easily. So the saltiness is increasing steadily. Since we can work out how much salt there is in the sea, as well as the rates that salts go into and out of the sea, we should be able to calculate a maximum age for the sea.
In fact, this method was first proposed by Sir Isaac Newton’s colleague, Sir Edmond Halley (1656–1742), of comet fame.2*More recently, the geologist, physicist, and pioneer of radiation therapy, John Joly, (1857–1933) estimated that the oceans were 80–90 million years old at the most.3*But this was far too young for evolutionists, who believed that life evolved in the ocean billions of years ago."
http://creation.com/salty-seas-evidence-for-a-young-earth

That would work if the oceans were static. The geologic record shows that there have been many periods of ocean transgressions and regressions. That would severely impact the model Mr. Newton proposed. He was brilliant, but as we both know he was mistake prone (as were many scientists of the time, as they did not have access to info and data that we do now)

6days

That would work if the oceans were static. The geologic record shows that there have been many periods of ocean transgressions and regressions. That would severely impact the model Mr. Newton proposed. He was brilliant, but as we both know he was mistake prone (as were many scientists of the time, as they did not have access to info and data that we do now)
One thing we agree on..... The present is NOT the key to the past. (Also... It was not a model proposed by Newton)

Greg Jennings

I would suggest you start with the Gospel of John.

Ahhh yes.....employing the scientific method well, 6. Not to mention that John was created FROM Matthew and Mark, so those two would be your primary sources. It would never be John or Luke

This is why no scientist takes you seriously. You pretend to be interested in research and data, then you spit out that nothing matters except an old book. Either get serious about your science, or leave it be

musterion

Do you mean the survival of that species, or specifically the survival of that organism?

Setting aside STIs for a minute (which are a risk for most types of sexual contact), an individual inserting things into a rectum doesn't necessarily endanger that organism's chances of survival. It may be that such activity is part of an expression of love for another, say in gay humans, although I understand it's not compulsory. In that case, mutual expression of love is certainly a positive factor in survival.

There are ways in which the presence of non-breeding organisms within a population helps the survival of the species. Uncles and drones spring to mind.

Or were you just wanting to express outrage?

Take care not to overdo that. Other men might find your forwardness attractive.

Stuart

Don't overcomplicate it. It could not be more simple.

Sex organs are for sex.

Oral and anal cavities are not sex organs.

That's how it is, stupid pervert.

redfern

What do you mean? A mountain or two?

Michael, I am sure the overwhelming majority of readers knew what I was getting at with my mention of a “rock so big He can’t pick it up”. But in your case, I suspect a careful and forthright explanation may be futile, so I will forbear. I will just note that in another post even 6days cautioned you against the “God can do anything” type of claim, so I will let that suffice.

I don't need to be there at the time to know that it happened.

But your question was whether or not I missed out on it. I also think I missed out on enjoying a camel steak dinner with Moses and the Pharaoh.

I think that He will do more than thump you.

Will a fireproof suit help me, or a suit of armor?

How about 'my colleagues and I?'

That’s fine too, but I sure don’t see that as being much different than what I said.

I also did quite well in Biology/Human Physiology and Chemistry.

Then we will count on you keeping us on track in those fields too, especially the part of biology where it explains how you descended from a shrew.

Most of your words are just that -- not worth answering.

Several times I have recommended you excuse yourself from getting into my discussions. You are the one that keeps making the choice to jump into them.

redfern

We can have a discussion if you wish about how often secular science has been wrong.

Wrong? You mean kinda like in school, where you often flail a bit before you finally figure out exactly what the teacher is trying to convey? Except in science, initially there isn’t even a teacher, just a bunch of students having to root out the information themselves, and then even writing the textbook themselves. Often been wrong – yup. But in the end, the textbook gets written, cutting through all the pain and agony, so someone can actually take on the task of teacher for the next generation of scientists.

Observing secular science make mistakes doesn’t bother me much at all, cause after a while I see that real visible progress has been made. Now Genesis science, predicated on the idea that no error can be admitted, so you are obligated to defend silly iron-age science - now that is a sad commentary on human unwillingness to learn.

(And how God's Word stands forever)

That ragtag collection of nomadic religious accounts that you euphemistically call “God’s Word” stands forever only in the fanatical unthinking devotion it receives from your types. It’s pretty much on the “not worth bothering with” shelf in most scientific institutions.

You might want to consider if this approach to science isn't the reason secularists are so often wrong.

As I have pointed out before, for a couple of millennia when religion had the playing field all to itself, and science wasn’t even a contender, human progress was essentially stagnant. But in my lifetime, science has added far more new knowledge than all religions in all of recorded history. So there is already an extended clear precedent for showing that having a “divine foot in the door” is far more a detriment than an advantage.

However when evidence seems to lead to a supernatural creator, you should be willing to follow that evidence where it leads.

A couple of years before his death, I attended a lecture given by Carl Sagan. After his prepared remarks, during the Q&A, a fundamentalist Christian berated Carl for his lack of belief. Carl politely heard him out, and then responded by summarizing the creation account as recorded in Genesis, and then he summarized a couple of other creation accounts from other non-Christian religions. Finally he simply pointed out that the non-Christian accounts dovetailed much more closely with what science has found than did the Genesis one. So if I take your advice, I should go back and dig out the info from that presentation, and follow the evidence into some religion far afield from Christianity.

Modern science was largely founded by scientists taking a new approach...believing in the Biblical account of an orderly creation.

And in so doing, modern science found that much of the Genesis story was apocryphal. Don’t ya hate it when things go exactly opposite to what you expect?

God's Word was inerrant both then and now.

Except when your nomadic creation tale makes a mockery of well-established science, then it makes some real doozers, like Cadry-level “rapture will be in 2015” type errors.

Science concluded no such thing. Evolutionists believe that...

On the age of the earth, the Christian Lord Kelvin (of the Second Law of Thermodynamics fame) left a legacy of defending an age of the earth more than a thousand times as long as you believe in. I kinda thought he was not a fan of Darwin, but if you say he was in fact a closet evolutionist – glad to know it.

which is the reason they are so often wrong.

In Lord Kelvin’s case, he was wrong – but not in your favor. Radioactivity was too new a subject for him to know that it was a significant player in the earth’s internal heat budget. Had he understood that, he probably would have upped his calculated age of the earth to about – say – 4.5 billion years, just like Snelling confirmed.

Last edited: