Creation vs. Evolution II

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
6days, name one professor or "expert" you have ever conversed with in person about the age of Earth, evolution, or the meaning conveyed in Genesis, and their university or affiliation. I'm fairly sure you can't, as you've never studied any of this beyond the internet level.

So surprise me.

Dear Greg,

What does it matter if he can't? He gets advice and instruction from the One Source easily higher than any professor or scientist, and that is where the real impact comes from. Haven't you noticed that? He doesn't have to please you. He wants to please his God. Is that so wrong? An emphatic 'No' will suffice.

God Knows What You Think And Feel,

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Right there.

Since is was declared a national holiday by various presidents, a religious thanksgiving would represent the establishment of a religion, which is surely unconstitutional.

Unconstitutional thanksgiving:

Thanksgiving_grace_1942.jpg

Constitutional thanksgiving:

800px-Thanksgiving_1918.jpg

But why are the answers always
either: 'No' (silence)
or: 'I'm sure you'll work it out' (indicated by silence)?

Stuart

Dear Stuart,

You do know that it is written in our Constitution that, "We hold these truths to be self-evident. That ALL men are created EQUAL. That they are endowed by their Creator {God} with certain unalienable rights." Also, that we say, "One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." I could go on. There is separation of church and state here, but not to every degree as you'd think. Otherwise, our country would never have attained it's greatness, which it may soon lose because of people wanting to be rid of God from our money, songs, etc. And we have seemingly turned our backs on Israel, because of President Obama. But it was foretold in the Bible that "EVERY" nation shall be against Israel in those latter days.

There, that is better than "Silence."

God Bless Our Country/Nation!!

Michael

Stuu

Dear Stuart,

You do know that it is written in our Constitution that, "We hold these truths to be self-evident. That ALL men are created EQUAL. That they are endowed by their Creator {God} with certain unalienable rights." Also, that we say, "One nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." I could go on. There is separation of church and state here, but not to every degree as you'd think. Otherwise, our country would never have attained it's greatness, which it may soon lose because of people wanting to be rid of God from our money, songs, etc. And we have seemingly turned our backs on Israel, because of President Obama. But it was foretold in the Bible that "EVERY" nation shall be against Israel in those latter days.

There, that is better than "Silence."
Well indeed, it might be. They are the words of men. Better than the silence of the god they imagine.

Don't you think E pluribus unum is a more fitting motto than In God We Trust? The Latin one unifies, the official one divides. Is a Disunited States greater than a United States?

Stuart

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Right. Tell you what, I've made an early New Years resolution. I'm going to rap my knuckles with a ruler every time I think about arguing nonsense with an half-wit.

So enjoy your angels, gods and devils, and believe what ever idiotic cods wallop you want. I really don't care. It's your mind not mine, thankfully. There's a saying: you cannot reason someone out of something they didn't reason themselves into.

I'll stick with reality, thanks.

Dear Hedshaker,

So when you are nonplussed for words to answer back with, you give up and rap your knuckles with a ruler?? There's a lot more to learn about life yet, HS. You're backed into a corner and now you want to just get out? Who is the true nit-wit, HS? It is you, you know? Your "reality" is one of the biggest lies known to men and God, AND Satan. Satan is the author of confusion and he's got you by the cods wallop. You will find out the truth in your lifetime from what I understand, Hedshaker. Just remember how I came and warned you first, and you would not listen. Besides that, don't EVER give up searching for God, for He will have you if you will have Him. Don't ever let an evil devil con you out of your birthright!! As long as you remain faithful and loyal to God, He will be the same towards you.

Selah!

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Point taken but, when someone doggedly refuses to give reason even a look in then often a little shock therapy can be the kindest way. Pampering to the Dunning Kruger Effect is anything but kind, IMO.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not questioning Michaels sincerity. Stripe has, as good as, suggested that Michael's angel visits etc are drug induced delusions, but there are far more simple, commonplace and natural explanations than that. And the more fantastic and free of evidence the proposals are the more we are inclined to employ Occam's Razor, IMO. Alien abduction, Big Foot and Elvis sightings, eg?

But when someone blanket refuses to even consider it then maybe a kick in the pants might help. It is 'blankly refuses,' not 'blanket' refuses. Also, don't lay Occam's Razor on me.

But you could be right. My patience isn't what it used to be :)

Dear Hedshaker,

You used to be kind to me also before. What happened to you and your music? I guess you just don't like me anymore because I am stuck with the job of having to tell you some things you don't want to hear. I am not a case of Occam's Razor, nor the Dunning Kruger effect. You just wish it. But I can understand your reasoning, because it is so hard to believe me. So I will just settle for you not believing me, but at least, reconsider believing in God and Jesus!! Your words to me cause me to respond in the way that I do, thinking I am the one who needs help, when it is you and your disbelief in your Creator that is the problem. I was glad you chose to be an Agnostic Atheist after all, but the fact is it doesn't matter much. An atheist is what you simply call yourself, not an Agnostic. I will let you go and do your thing instead of trying to talk some sense into you. Someday, you'll know why I tried so hard to help you become a believer instead of a nonbeliever. It's because I do care about you that I even try! Okay, I'm not going to be bothered anymore unless egged on to say something. How is your music doing? Did you check out those music effects from Lady Gaga's song, "Angel Down" on her newly released 'Joanne' Deluxe CD? What a difference it makes having the right music and eeriness. Check it out. You might find it is something you'd like to use in your own music. I think that it is heavy on the violins. I really don't know how they did/made it.

Ok, will get going. Take good care of yourself and remember to have fun when you can.

Much Love And Cheerio, Matey!!

Michael

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You've led me to discover Hanlon's razor which can be expressed, according to the Holy Wikipedia, as "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

It strikes me that there are two levels of creationist, the Ignorants and the Liars. The Ignorants don't know enough to criticise the creationism of their tribes, and the Liars know the creationist arguments and know that those arguments are seriously undermined or disproved by science but persist with them, especially when preaching in front of the Ignorants.

What is the razor that insists one never attributes to ignorance that which can be shown to be blatant maliciousness?

Stuart

Dear Stuart,

I am hardly trying to be malicious, Stuu!! You all can dish it out, but can't take it or handle what comes next. That's what it seems like to me. What can I liken you to be? One of the three little piggies who made their house out of straw, I think. Well, I'll close for now.

Michael

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You've led me to discover Hanlon's razor which can be expressed, according to the Holy Wikipedia, as "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity".

It strikes me that there are two levels of creationist, the Ignorants and the Liars. The Ignorants don't know enough to criticise the creationism of their tribes, and the Liars know the creationist arguments and know that those arguments are seriously undermined or disproved by science but persist with them, especially when preaching in front of the Ignorants.

What is the razor that insists one never attributes to ignorance that which can be shown to be blatant maliciousness?

Stuart

Dear Stuart,

I am hardly trying to be malicious, Stuu!! And I'm far from stupid or a fool. I'll give you more to chew on later. You all can dish it out, but can't handle what comes next. That's what it seems like to me. What can I liken you to be? One of the three little piggies who made their house out of straw, I think. Well, I'll close for now.

Michael

Hedshaker

Stuart

You're right. Ignorance can be addressed by education, but there is no cure for stupidity. I just find Dunning Kruger a tad infuriating....... but I'll just have to get over it I guess :)

Hedshaker

Dear Hedshaker,

So when you are nonplussed for words to answer back with, you give up and rap your knuckles with a ruler?? There's a lot more to learn about life yet, HS. You're backed into a corner and now you want to just get out? Who is the true nit-wit, HS? It is you, you know? Your "reality" is one of the biggest lies known to men and God, AND Satan. Satan is the author of confusion and he's got you by the cods wallop. You will find out the truth in your lifetime from what I understand, Hedshaker. Just remember how I came and warned you first, and you would not listen. Besides that, don't EVER give up searching for God, for He will have you if you will have Him. Don't ever let an evil devil con you out of your birthright!! As long as you remain faithful and loyal to God, He will be the same towards you.

Selah!

Michael

Classic Dunning Kruger Effect right there. But you can't see that because you don't get it. Even if you have the guts to watch the video, you still won't get. So no, it has nothing to do with being "nonplussed". That's just you thinking you're smarter than you actually are. By a large magnitude I might add. So no, it's simply a case of there being no point.

But click the link and watch the video, if you dare......

Dunning Kruger Effect

marhig

Evolution did produce the humans who are capable of racism. So I guess human evolution must be fact.

Stuart

Satan has created racism, and some humans foolish enough to listen to him do his will and hurt others because their hearts are hard. Why would anyone judge another person just because of the colour of their skin? People who do this and profess to know God, don't know him at all and they've never experienced the holy spirit within. Because if they had, the colour of another person's skin would mean nothing to them and they would love all regardless of what colour they are. God created all of us, black people too. And anyone that hates a person because of their colour doesn't belong to God. God is love not hate, and these people who do wicked things to others hide behind God, but they don't know him at all!

Stuu

You're right. Ignorance can be addressed by education, but there is no cure for stupidity. I just find Dunning Kruger a tad infuriating....... but I'll just have to get over it I guess :)
There's another effect that means a religious believer is immunised against changing his mind in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Saint Paul told him there would be mockers.

Is there a name for that?!

Stuart

Stuu

Satan has created racism, and some humans foolish enough to listen to him do his will and hurt others because their hearts are hard. Why would anyone judge another person just because of the colour of their skin? People who do this and profess to know God, don't know him at all and they've never experienced the holy spirit within. Because if they had, the colour of another person's skin would mean nothing to them and they would love all regardless of what colour they are. God created all of us, black people too. And anyone that hates a person because of their colour doesn't belong to God. God is love not hate, and these people who do wicked things to others hide behind God, but they don't know him at all!
The problem with the 'satan created' argument is there are plenty who might argue that satan created equal opportunities legislation and the civil rights movement, lunatic though all that is.

I far prefer the scientific arguments against racism. When you are trying to describe humans accurately, the word race doesn't help. Really, race is a nonsense term. We are all the same species. If you want to consider genetic differences between humans, skin colour and other 'racial' features are quite trivial: actually it would be possible for me, a white European, to be genetically more similar to a black African than to my neighbour who is also white European.

I think there is a kind of inbuilt xenophobia in us that comes from our tribal existence as African hominids (we are all Africans, after all), so racist tendencies could be understandable up to a point. However, I think actually racism is mostly a learned response, and children who have not been brought up to interpret skin colour are generally shocked to learn that others would judge on that basis. Racism is shocking when you think about how illogical it is, not to mention the lack of justice in it.

Stuart

Stuu

Dear Stuart,

I am hardly trying to be malicious, Stuu!! And I'm far from stupid or a fool. I'll give you more to chew on later. You all can dish it out, but can't handle what comes next. That's what it seems like to me. What can I liken you to be? One of the three little piggies who made their house out of straw, I think. Well, I'll close for now.

Michael
I'm afraid I think Hedshaker is right: you are a classic example of the Dunning-Kruger effect. I also think you have been immunised by Saul of Tarsus. You are not being intentionally malicious. I don't think you are stupid either; obviously you are capable of writing and publishing and showing empathy and no doubt many other sophisticated human activities. It's not stupidity per se, it's ignorance.

You don't know enough about science, and you don't understand how immunised you are by your tribe against considering the opposing arguments and opposing evidence to your position. It all may as well not exist, your brain tells you, and you are happy to be part of the choir that laps up and reinforces the creationist lies copied from Answers in Genesis by 6days, Stripe etc.

You are not stupid, or a liar I think. You are one of the immunised ignorant.

Stuart

Greg Jennings

Dear Greg,

What does it matter if he can't? He gets advice and instruction from the One Source easily higher than any professor or scientist, and that is where the real impact comes from. Haven't you noticed that? He doesn't have to please you. He wants to please his God. Is that so wrong? An emphatic 'No' will suffice.

God Knows What You Think And Feel,

Michael

Michael, I can guarantee you that God isn't lying to 6days about Earth's origins in private visits. Assuming he exists, he's far too busy to take time out of his busy schedule to play tricks on one of his faithful believers