Creation vs. Evolution II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrathca

Perhaps one day you'll figure it out. :idunno:

Until then, can we talk about something worthwhile? Your incessant demands are boring. :yawn:
When have you ever said anything worthwhile? You're a charlatan and a troll who recycles the same old phrases and pranks, your "try reading" schtick being one of your favourites it seems.

I presume you just enjoy watching evolutionists run around in circles chasing phantom arguments.

Last edited:

MichaelCadry

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Dear Tyrathca,

Okay, enough with getting on Stripe's case. I sense that you are trying to stick up for me and I thank you for that, but this Creation thread is for those who like to be upbeat, loving, caring and joyful. Looking forward to His Return is one of the main crux's of this thread. I know we get in our spats, but let them be quickly over, as much as possible. I do understand how you feel, Ty, but I'm full of joy knowing that our Lord will return so soon, we can almost taste it. I have good reasons to believe this. But I'll keep them to myself, because all everyone does here is ask for proof, and God made it so some things you can't prove quite at the time you'd like to. If we could prove when it would be, everyone would be on their best behavior, and atheists would be Christians, until the day He was coming. I'm not dumb and neither is God. He want's those who TRULY love Him and His Ways; not a bunch of fair-weather friends. I've loved Him and Jesus since I was eleven years old. I'm so glad that my mother took us to the right church. I guess some mothers took their kids to catechism and the nuns whacked the kids' fingers with rulers. What a bad thing to do at church. Oh well, I've been lucky to see God in His Glory and I know a loving, caring, forgiving, all-knowing God and all-powerful God. Yippee!! I won't regret it all, that much I do know. I do know by the experiences I've gone through, that this is the real thing and that I'm not just basing this on weak promises. All I know is that I've got a lot of love to share and I'm not waiting!!

Praising God In The Highest!!

Michael

:angel: :angel: :angel: :cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9: :guitar: :singer: :rapture: :rapture:

Last edited:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
When have you ever said anything worthwhile?
Telling everyone that you're a moron is worthwhile. :thumb:

You're a charlatan and a troll who recycles the same old phrases and pranks, your "try reading" schtick being one of your favourites it seems.
Nope. Evidence, remember? That's what I deal in. Wake us up when you're ready to discuss the nature of reality. Whining about who said what, when and who is working on something is boring. :yawn:

I presume you just enjoy watching evolutionists run around in circles chasing phantom arguments.
Nope. I would prefer they respond rationally to the challenges they face, just as I would respond sensibly to a challenge to my beliefs.

DavisBJ

Stripe's evidence is?

Stripe's evidence is?

Evidence, remember? That's what I deal in.

… I would respond sensibly to a challenge to my beliefs.
Do you have scientific evidence that rivers can turn to blood? Or that a person was transformed into a pillar of salt?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Do you have scientific evidence that rivers can turn to blood? Or that a person was transformed into a pillar of salt?

Do you have evidence that personhood is real?

We know why you dodged our previous conversation; it always seems more persuasive when you can launch what you consider a challenge when your failings are carefully placed out of sight.

DavisBJ

Salty People and Blood Rivers

Salty People and Blood Rivers

You told me that personhood is a metaphysical term, and that it is something evolutionists think it is added to embryos. As an evolutionist, I’m not aware that anything is added to (human) embryos other than what is added by natural biochemical processes. Do you know how to add metaphysical things to embryos?

Now back to my questions:

DavisBJ

Eyewitness Biblical testimony - that's better than science
U mean that ancient religious account from a scientifically ignorant nomadic society? The book in which much of the science in a literal reading of the creation and early history is disbelieved by the science departments of every major university in the world? Nothing but an ancient tattered fable is your evidence?

Last edited:

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You told me that personhood is a metaphysical term, and that it is something evolutionists think it is added to embryos. As an evolutionist, I’m not aware that anything is added to (human) embryos other than what is added by natural biochemical processes. Do you know how to add metaphysical things to embryos?
Watch and learn, folks: This is how to dodge a question like a pro.

DavisBJ

Stripes on the bloody river

Stripes on the bloody river

Watch and learn, folks: This is how to dodge a question like a pro.

Definition from Google: Personhood – “the quality or condition of being an individual person.” I am real, I am a person, and I am just one person. Must be real. Still don’t know how that is something that evolutionists supposedly think is added to embryos.

You got your answer, now answer my questions.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Definition from Google: Personhood – “the quality or condition of being an individual person.” I am real, I am a person, and I am just one person. Must be real. Still don’t know how that is something that evolutionists supposedly think is added to embryos.

You got your answer, now answer my questions.
Bodies of water and rivers and seas can turn red or a red color, God can turn water to blood no doubt, as He made everything. Humans can be reduced to piles of waste and God can turn a person to salt. Do you think those scriptures are literal ?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

See what I mean?

Showing a word in the dictionary does not provide evidence that the concept is a physical reality. Insisting that you're real does nothing to provide evidence that personhood is real, unless, of course, you had already shown evidence that you have personhood.

Personhood is a metaphysical notion with no scope for direct evidence. My question to you is designed to show the failure of your question to me: I cannot provide evidence for a story that I believe was not brought about by physical means.

And now to your implied challenge that the Bible cannot be scientific if its ideas are not wholly testable via science; you've just indicated that you believe in a non-scientific concept, but you're willing to write off a source because it openly endorses non-physical realities. You reject ideas because you do not like them, despite believing in things of a like nature. this is the very antithesis of scientific inquiry.

You're an anti-science bigot.

And a bigot who likes repeating his nonsense ideas; we covered all this already in this thread.

Last edited:

Cross Reference

See what I mean?

Showing a word in the dictionary does not provide evidence that the concept is a physical reality. Insisting that you're real does nothing to provide evidence that personhood is real, unless, of course, you had already shown evidence that you have personhood.

Personhood is a metaphysical notion with no scope for direct evidence. My question to you is designed to show the failure of your question to me: I cannot provide evidence for a story that I believe was not brought about by physical means.

And now to your implied challenge that the Bible cannot be scientific if its ideas are not wholly testable via science; you've just indicated that you believe in a non-scientific concept, but you're willing to write off a source because it also holds to non-physical realities. You reject ideas because you do not like them, the very antithesis of scientific inquiry.

You're an anti-science bigot.

And a bigot who likes repeating his nonsense ideas; we covered all this already in this thread.

A living soul is proof of personhood. Are you a living soul? What is required for one to be a living soul? Perhaps you don't believe that part is necessary?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
A living soul is proof of personhood.
Punting is not the answer.

Showing evidence of a living soul faces exactly the same problem as evidence for personhood.

Are you a living soul?
This is not about presuppositions; this is about evidence. We can believe whatever we like; the key is — in a discussion over science — to be open to examining your beliefs against the necessities of physical reality. A belief in a non-physical reality makes scientific inquiry at best a secondary endeavor. This does not make a man's ideas invalid or lesser in any way. It simply means that other methods are required in their discussion.

However, Davis wants to demand that everything be scientific in nature, or else it is somehow untrue or not worthy of consideration.

What is required for one to be a living soul?
I don't think you've been following the conversation. This is just a rabbit trail.

DavisBJ

Bodies of water and rivers and seas can turn red or a red color,
If the account of the Nile turning to blood has any basis in an actual event, then what you suggest is fine. But the account not only speaks of the river turning to blood, but the water in containers as well. The water (blood) stank, it killed the fish, it was undrinkable. And … if you want this to be metaphorical – “red” instead of actual blood”, then how about a lot of other scientifically silly passages as well. Did the flood of Noah cover the “whole (local – only as far as Noah could see) earth? Were creation days not really 24 hours, but periods of time … etc. etc. Are open to the idea that maybe the Old Testament is carrying a message for people, even if it was authored in a scientifically infantile environ?
God can turn water to blood no doubt, as He made everything. Humans can be reduced to piles of waste and God can turn a person to salt.
God can do whatever your imagination wants Him too, since that is where He has His existence.
Do you think those scriptures are literal ?
You really need to ask?

Stripe

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If the account of the Nile turning to blood has any basis in an actual event, then what you suggest is fine. But the account not only speaks of the river turning to blood, but the water in containers as well. The water (blood) stank, it killed the fish, it was undrinkable. And … if you want this to be metaphorical – “red” instead of actual blood”, then how about a lot of other scientifically silly passages as well. Did the flood of Noah cover the “whole (local – only as far as Noah could see) earth? Were creation days not really 24 hours, but periods of time … etc. etc. Are open to the idea that maybe the Old Testament is carrying a message for people, even if it was authored in a scientifically infantile environ?God can do whatever your imagination wants Him too, since that is where He has His existence.You really need to ask?
We know why Davis is happy to talk at a plebe like PJ, but will avoid actual challenges to his nonsense like the plague.

DavisBJ

Stripe aka Waldo

Stripe aka Waldo

Showing a word in the dictionary does not provide evidence that the concept is a physical reality.
Ouch, I thought you were an Enyart supporter. A decade ago, Enyart went to a museum in Denver, and the curator made a statement to the effect that he (the curator) might not exist. Enyart milked that statement for a long time as an example of how illogical people can get. In my case , the dictionary said “the quality or condition of being an individual person.” Maybe you are inferring that I don’t fit that definition. :mock: Stripe

Regarding scientific evidence for the Nile turning to blood, or a person to salt:
I cannot provide evidence for a story that I believe was not brought about by physical means.
I finally found Waldo. Since it is you, Stripe, I know that your enjoyment comes from seeing how long you can draw out a conversation so you can, in your Christian persona, call people bigots and morons. It would be out of character for you to give the simple direct answer. But you just gave the answer anyway. “Not brought about by physical means” is a wordy way of saying non-scientific. Thank you, for admitting that you have no scientific evidence for bloody rivers or salty people.
However, Davis wants to demand that everything be scientific in nature, or else it is somehow untrue or not worthy of consideration.
Not true at all. I have never said science is the only source of knowledge. My objection is when your religious cult comes out in direct opposition to science, and then mindlessly babbles “science proves God’s Word”.

Do you know how to add metaphysical things to embryos?

Status
Not open for further replies.