Complete border meltdown

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Meanwhile, out in Arizona the inevitable has finally happened ...

http://www.infowars.com/americas-tou...esty-showdown/

Of course. That froot loop was the sheriff who dropped the ball on scores of child molestation cases, but he had plenty of resources to send people to Hawaii to investigate whether or not Obama was born there.

[M]ore than 400 sex-crimes reported to Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio's office during a three-year period ending in 2007 — including dozens of alleged child molestations — that were inadequately investigated and in some instances were not worked at all, according to current and former police officers familiar with the cases.

The cases were first raised by The East Valley Tribune in 2008 but resurfaced in the news media earlier this year and in a recent article by The Associated Press, which prompted Sheriff Arpaio to defend himself at a news conference. “If there were any victims, I apologize to those victims,” he said on Monday, vowing to hold deputies accountable.

But his grudging mea culpa only incited more outrage.

“A sincere apology and acceptance of responsibility from Joe Arpaio to these victims would have been the professional and compassionate thing to do,” Bill Louis, a former assistant chief of the El Mirage police, wrote Thursday in The Arizona Republic. “But instead we once again witnessed Arpaio’s smug and defiant attitude — this time directed towards the very victims he neglected.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/10/u...d-over-handling-of-sex-crimes-cases.html?_r=0

If he's not mentally ill, he's the most egregiously amoral sheriff in the country.

fzappa13

Barbarian observes:
Which means someone found it profitable to pay them for whatever they do. This is why you don't see much support for hating immigrants in Texas. Bad for bidness.

I've lived most of my life in Texas. And I spend a lot of time with illegal immigrants and their families, and know what their lives are like. (and that varies a lot) You?

P.S. I'm a 6th generation Texan.

One of us is.

You play really cute little word games to infer experience you don't have to bolster your arguments for a political stance you have embraced, for whatever reason, that now finds you in more friendly climes ... namely Washington.

Me? I'm married to a Meskin whose father is here (Texas) on a green card and we live 70 miles from the Border. I've been jailed twice and she once for my efforts to disentagle my county from the corrupt border political machine that has had this place in its grips for the last thirty years thanks to Uncle Surgar's handout programs that have been used to empower said machine.

You?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You play really cute little word games to infer experience you don't have to bolster your arguments for a political stance you have embraced, for whatever reason, that now finds you in more friendly climes ... namely Washington.

Dallas, actually. But that's not the only thing you've got wrong.

Me? I'm married to a Meskin whose father is here (Texas) on a green card and we live 70 miles from the Border.

My son lives in McAllen, is a lawyer, and has more experience than you will ever have with the issue. My brother-in-law also lives in The Valley, is married to a Hispanic woman, whose family is from Mexico. He also is quite aware of the issue, and knows how police have to handle it. I work with immigrants, helping them to adjust to the school system here. Many of them, I am sure, are here illegally. I know what they go through and what they want for their children.

I formerly consulted with manufacturing companies in Texas on ergonomics and hazardous materials, so I'm well aware of the number of undocumented workers, and the role they play in the Texas economy. Most of the employers I know, value them as hard-working and reliable. And yes, I had access to payroll for insurance purposes, and every firm my company insured paid them as well as any other person.

Don't flatter yourself into thinking a few personal anecdotes makes you an expert. I've had decades of experience with different aspects of the issue that you haven't.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Undocumented Immigrants in Texas:
A Financial Analysis of the Impact to the State Budget and Economy
December 2006
Carole Keeton Strayhorn, Texas Comptroller

This is the first time any state has done a comprehensive financial analysis of the impact of undocumented immigrants on a state's budget and economy, looking at gross state product, revenues generated, taxes paid and the cost of state services.

The absence of the estimated 1.4 million undocumented immigrants in Texas in fiscal 2005 would have been a loss to our gross state product of $17.7 billion. Undocumented immigrants produced $1.58 billion in state revenues, which exceeded the $1.16 billion in state services they received. However, local governments bore the burden of $1.44 billion in uncompensated health care costs and local law enforcement costs not paid for by the state.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Why is the Obama administration aiding in the total meltdown of the US border? (I have my theory but I'd like to hear yours).

And how is this all going to end? Where do we go from here?

Here's a quick freshen up if you are unsure about what is going on since most major news outlets are ignoring this story.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...ien-Activists-Descend-Upon-Murrieta-Town-Hall
Words, phrases and descriptions like "total meltdown" are not useful in collaborative problem-solving. Since it is difficult at best to image any border actually losing its shape and turning into some sort of strange lava, I would advise you to be more specific in your post and try to anchor it in specifics that are based on real data, facts and real-world concerns.

It sounds like one of those talking points that somehow everyone on the right gets at the same time. FOX "News," Rush Limbaugh, noted GOP legislators start saying the same things--like easily-remembered pity phrases at the same times.

In John Stewart's program, he would sometimes show multiple clips of different right-wing outlets and people saying the same thing at the same time--such as "border meltdown."

It really means nothing unless you can tie such a phrase to real-world events on our borders.

fzappa13

Dallas, actually. But that's not the only thing you've got wrong.

My son lives in McAllen, is a lawyer, and has more experience than you will ever have with the issue. My brother-in-law also lives in The Valley, is married to a Hispanic woman, whose family is from Mexico. He also is quite aware of the issue, and knows how police have to handle it. I work with immigrants, helping them to adjust to the school system here. Many of them, I am sure, are here illegally. I know what they go through and what they want for their children.

I formerly consulted with manufacturing companies in Texas on ergonomics and hazardous materials, so I'm well aware of the number of undocumented workers, and the role they play in the Texas economy. Most of the employers I know, value them as hard-working and reliable. And yes, I had access to payroll for insurance purposes, and every firm my company insured paid them as well as any other person.

Don't flatter yourself into thinking a few personal anecdotes makes you an expert. I've had decades of experience with different aspects of the issue that you haven't.

a few anecdotes ...:rotfl:

In the words of TOL's resident philosopher ... your an idiot.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
In the words of TOL's resident philosopher ... your an idiot.

Um, that should be "You're an idiot." Your "philosopher" might have better spent his time learning grammar.

Sure you're embarrassed that you didn't know I lived in Texas and had all that experience with the issue. But calling names pretty much tells everyone else that you've got nothing but spite to contribute here.

When you cool off, you're going to be more embarrassed.

fzappa13

Um, that should be "You're an idiot." Your "philosopher" might have better spent his time learning grammar.

Sure you're embarrassed that you didn't know I lived in Texas and had all that experience with the issue. But calling names pretty much tells everyone else that you've got nothing but spite to contribute here.

When you cool off, you're going to be more embarrassed.

You know, my contributions here speak for themselves and, like my contributions to address border corruption, what you know of either would rattle in a thimble. I would delineate them further but that would be pointless because ... your an idiot.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You know, my contributions here speak for themselves

No kidding. Like confusing Texas with Washington. Yup. "Contribution."

and, like my contributions to address border corruption, what you know of either would rattle in a thimble.

We already established what you know and don't know. You're all hat and no cattle. All you've got is spite and name-calling.

I would delineate them further but that would be pointless because ... your an idiot.

Perfect.

fzappa13

No kidding. Like confusing Texas with Washington. Yup. "Contribution."

We already established what you know and don't know. You're all hat and no cattle. All you've got is spite and name-calling.

Perfect.

I'm sorry .... did I say idiot? I meant to say ideologue. Not that there is a great deal of difference between the two if results are any indicator. Though I will say this, the ideologue chooses their myopia whereas the idiot's malady is congenital.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I'm sorry .... did I say idiot? I meant to say ideologue. Not that there is a great deal of difference between the two if results are any indicator. Though I will say this, the ideologue chooses their myopia whereas the idiot's malady is congenital.

Which of them, when out of arguments, calls names? You messed up. Several times. Learn from it, and come prepared next time.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
I guess, at the end of the day, your faced with the question, "what do you want written on your tomb stone?"

At the bottom of my stone will be my name and the appropriate dates.

At the top of the stone in large letters will hopefully be:

I'M DEAD

Seriously, this is definitely one of my "last wishes." My good wife finally came around to honoring my request this year.

fzappa13

I'M DEAD

Seriously, this is definitely one of my "last wishes." My good wife finally came around to honoring my request this year.

The question is one I ask myself often as sort of a reminder to occasionally reevaluate what I'm doing with this gift called life. It's not so much about what I would have said about me but what others would say given the opportunity. What would the person so charged put on my tombstone as a result of the life I led.

fzappa13

I'M DEAD

Were that the case you would have posted this from the grave, no?

Last edited: