Complete border meltdown

fzappa13

True. It wasn't until the late 1800s that anyone even bothered to track movement back and forth. And until later, no one was kept from coming in, and living here. Took a while to become a citizen, but there were no illegal immigrants, because there was no such thing back in the day.

In a manner of speaking, yes. There were no illegal immigrants in that they would routinely come across the border seasonally and return home unmolested. It is only in the last decade or so that the border patrol has begun to crack down on the ranchers that employed them. This is no doubt a result of the more recent influx of those with less honorable intentions than pursuing work.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
True. It wasn't until the late 1800s that anyone even bothered to track movement back and forth. And until later, no one was kept from coming in, and living here. Took a while to become a citizen, but there were no illegal immigrants, because there was no such thing back in the day.

In a manner of speaking, yes. There were no illegal immigrants in that they would routinely come across the border seasonally and return home unmolested.

Many stayed. No one minded, since the immigrants generally came here for jobs or education. It wasn't until the Know-Nothing party started agitating against immigrants that anyone even kept track of it.

It was assumed by the Founders to be a good thing; freedom and opportunity would, in their thinking, convert immigrants into good Americans. So far, it's worked better than hoped for.

Good that the INS is now focusing on the criminals coming in, instead of those just looking for a better life.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Can't say I blame them. If I was Mexican, I'd be a bit concerned; the best and the brightest of the working class is trying to enter the U.S. and become American.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I sometimes think that Mexico would have been a lot better off if Polk had managed to convince Congress to annex it after the Mexican war.

fzappa13

I sometimes think that Mexico would have been a lot better off if Polk had managed to convince Congress to annex it after the Mexican war.

Well, it would have saved a lot of trouble on both side of the border. But back then there wasn't the money to be made in the drug, weapon and human trafficking that there is now. So rather than take over Mexico we'll just eliminate the border ... problem solved. Besides, it convenient to have a southern neighbor with different laws at times.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Complete border meltdown

Americans are being a little ingenuous when they complain about the influx of "illegals" - given that there would be no incentive to come if they weren't being provided with work in America's underground economy.

With over 11 million "illegals" already in the country, alot of Americans are getting rich from exploiting the labor of an Hispanic "underclass!"

Is there is a "meltddown" at the border, its because its in the best interests of affluent Americans to keep it that way.

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Complete border meltdown

Americans are being a little ingenuous when they complain about the influx of "illegals" - given that there would be no incentive to come if they weren't being provided with work in America's underground economy.

With over 11 million "illegals" already in the country, alot of Americans are getting rich from exploiting the labor of an Hispanic "underclass!"

Is there is a "meltddown" at the border, its because its in the best interests of affluent Americans to keep it that way.

Most of the "illegals" here where I live make a pretty good living.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Most of the "illegals" here where I live make a pretty good living.

Which means someone found it profitable to pay them for whatever they do. This is why you don't see much support for hating immigrants in Texas. Bad for bidness.

musterion

Obama reportedly has canceled every border security provision put in place by W.

Again, the question: If Obama really were a semi-closeted Muslim whose strings are pulled by the global Left to weaken the U.S. as much as possible, would he have done anything differently over the past 6 years?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Obama reportedly has canceled every border security provision put in place by W.

Hard to explain then, that he's been catching and deporting so many more illegal immigrants than Bush did.

Again, the question: If Obama really were a semi-closeted Muslim whose strings are pulled by the global Left to weaken the U.S. as much as possible, would he have done anything differently over the past 6 years?

Possibly, he wouldn't have killed so many Muslim terrorists and ordered the hit on bin Laden.

But hey, you could always restructure your belief system to believe that he was just going after terrorists to lull us into a sense of security.

Something like that. Reason and reality have never been concerns for those with Obama derangement syndrome.

Christ's Word

Hard to explain then, that he's been catching and deporting so many more illegal immigrants than Bush did.

Possibly, he wouldn't have killed so many Muslim terrorists and ordered the hit on bin Laden.

But hey, you could always restructure your belief system to believe that he was just going after terrorists to lull us into a sense of security.

Something like that. Reason and reality have never been concerns for those with Obama derangement syndrome.

Obama is in big trouble, he and his best bud Eric Holder are crooks involved in multiple illegal actions, time is not on their side.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(unsupported claim that Obama removed all the controls on illegal immigration)

Barbarian chuckles:

(Musty asks what a pro-terrorist president would do)

Barbarian suggests:

CW demonstrates Barbarian's point:
Obama is in big trouble, he and his best bud Eric Holder are crooks involved in multiple illegal actions, time is not on their side.

Perfect.

fzappa13

Which means someone found it profitable to pay them for whatever they do. This is why you don't see much support for hating immigrants in Texas. Bad for bidness.

You really need to stop speaking for Texans or Illegal Immigrants as you are neither. It is presumptuous.

musterion

Yeah? Seen the multiple trainloads of diseased, illiterate illegals waved through the southern border and bussed to locales throughout the nation? No?

Seen this? No?

Why are leftist Catholics so abominably stupid?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:

You really need to stop speaking for Texans or Illegal Immigrants as you are neither.

I've lived most of my life in Texas. And I spend a lot of time with illegal immigrants and their families, and know what their lives are like. (and that varies a lot) You?

It is presumptuous.

One of us is.