chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is obama trying to punish texas

not sure how texas can retaliate
but
I believe texas can find a way

something like ted cruz

S0ZO

Obama knows he has no future after his presidency ends. He has no way of making a living.

Therefore, I believe he plans to open a chain of Mexican restaurants in southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Obama knows he has no future after his presidency ends. He has no way of making a living.

Therefore, I believe he plans to open a chain of Mexican restaurants in southern California, Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas

and he can name them taco bell

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Why is the Obama administration aiding in the total meltdown of the US border? (I have my theory but I'd like to hear yours).

And how is this all going to end? Where do we go from here?

Here's a quick freshen up if you are unsure about what is going on since most major news outlets are ignoring this story.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...ien-Activists-Descend-Upon-Murrieta-Town-Hall
Well, which party almost singularly benefits from minority votes? Forget Republican inroads in Florida, if that party is seen as the bar and the Democrats as a friend it's a great way to continue to marginalize conservative voting and that party as the party of aging, hostile white people.

And the more people you bring in who aren't language and culture ready the more they'll need government assistance, which means solidifying that impression and opening the doors for expanding any number of programs the President favors.

That's a cynical political evaluation. But because we're all heroes in our own narratives, I'll add that given his background and affiliation he could well believe that all immigration is a source of strength for this country and that in the long run it serves everyone's interests.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
That's a cynical political evaluation. But because we're all heroes in our own narratives, I'll add that given his background and affiliation he could well believe that all immigration is a source of strength for this country and that in the long run it serves everyone's interests.

that is cynical
and
you know it as well as anyone
but
I also "believe that all immigration is a source of strength for this country and that in the long run it serves everyone's interests"

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
that is cynical
and
Doesn't mean it isn't at least true enough as an incentive/consideration.

but
I also "believe that all immigration is a source of strength for this country and that in the long run it serves everyone's interests"
We differ. I think unregulated immigration is an invitation to bankruptcy and division. I'm completely supportive of legal and regulated immigration though.

glorydaz

Why is the Obama administration aiding in the total meltdown of the US border? (I have my theory but I'd like to hear yours).

And how is this all going to end? Where do we go from here?

Here's a quick freshen up if you are unsure about what is going on since most major news outlets are ignoring this story.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-...ien-Activists-Descend-Upon-Murrieta-Town-Hall

What better way for Obama to open the borders for the rising of Al Mahdi than to send a bunch of kids through first? ISIS is coming on the move.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
that is cynical
and
but

Only if it's done legally.

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Being in the UK, this is not really my problem. And being an island it is easier to control what or who comes in and goes out.
We do have the problem of the EU though, which requires us to have free borders (within certain wide limits) across all EU countries. The problem is that Brits are less inclined to go and live in somewhere like Romania than Romanians are inclined to come here. However, the long term goal of the EU is to make the poorer countries richer and so everyone benefits. It seems to be working in Poland but they have been with us for decades now. Greece on the other hand was a get-rich-quick case and that only ended in abysmal failure.

I agree with TH that controlled immigration is both acceptable and indeed necessary to keep your culture and your economy vibrant and responsive. However, there are limits and I very much sympathise with the problem Texas is having right now. There are two approaches to solve the problem.
Firstly, make illegal immigration much more difficult and risky.
Secondly, make the countries the people are emigrating from wealthier by promoting trade, improving prospects, etc., as much as your own country has the influence to achieve. That will mean fewer people wanting to leave those countries. But this is ok for the EU where you get to control some of what cooks in those countries but much harder when you don't have so much influence.
And I totally get the idea that new immigrants will be voting mostly left-wing politically since it is the left who are are so quick to hand out the benefits. And it's always those poor downtrodden minorities who so much need supporting to stave off the predations of the wicked people who through their own lifetime's hard work have become wealthy. It's short-term and idealistic thinking.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Well, which party almost singularly benefits from minority votes?

your party
and
that is why jeb and perry are the only two viable republican candidates for president

both of them will somehow get enough hispanic votes to get elected
but
they will also need
and
will get enough of the religious wacko votes

The Berean

Oh, he'll make a living giving speeches for $50,000-$100,000 per speech. That's what former presidents do. Bill Clinton has made $106 million giving speeches since leaving office! :blabla:

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.co...clintons-106-million-speech-circuit-windfall/

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
your party
It was once. So was the Republican party.

and
that is why jeb and perry are the only two viable republican candidates for president
Click your heels when you say that, but I wouldn't hold out hope. Perry? The Dickens you say. Good grief man, he's dragging more chains from the last run than Marley. Jeb's brother ruined his chances. I think you'll need more tea leaves.

Ah, somehow, the plot device of great writers everywhere. :plain:

"And they all lived happily ever after...somehow."

but
they will also need
and
You upped the beer total for lunch, didn't you. :nono:

Christ's Word

your party
and

but
they will also need
and

Jeb will not get elected, his position on common core will alienate him from the base of the Republican party. And many have already had enough of the Bush family spending habits. Jeb's brother spent money like a drunk Democrat.