Complete border meltdown

fzappa13

Not unless they committed a serious crime. Mostly, they get deported. You know, illegally crossing is a civil offense, not a crime. And crime actually declined more in states with higher rates of immigration. So not what you've been told it is.

TH !!!! Help !!!

I thought you lived in The Valley. You don't know who's responsible? Seriously?

I told you I live just north of Acuna ... you haven't told me where you live yet.

fzappa13

Barbarian observes:
Years of neglect. It's a step forward, but you're not going to reverse a decade of mismanagement.

Yep. Bush dropped the ball, as you know. It started at the end of Clinton's administration, though. The "stand down" order you mentioned was Bush doing, though.

Quote:
You can become more effective at stopping people at the border, but it's a lot harder to get people who have been here for years, keeping a low profile.
Those pics I offered ... did that look like a "low profile" to you?

Quote:
I'm just pleased we're starting to nail more of the criminals.
Those were wanted posters ... not conviction notices.

Quote:
Truth is, in Texas, illegals add billions of dollars to the state economy, so they really aren't a problem here.
This is true ... and as long as you don't have a problem with those dollars being a result of illegal drug trade and the effect that has on people I guess it's all good ... depending upon your ideology.

Quote:
The bad guys are another issue, which is why it's good we're now focusing mostly on getting the criminals out.

ummmmmm... who's "We"?

I'll give you a little time to clean that up ... it's a mess.

fzappa13

Barbarian observes:
Years of neglect. It's a step forward, but you're not going to reverse a decade of mismanagement.

Yep. Bush dropped the ball, as you know. It started at the end of Clinton's administration, though. The "stand down" order you mentioned was Bush doing, though.

Quote:
You can become more effective at stopping people at the border, but it's a lot harder to get people who have been here for years, keeping a low profile.

Your neighborhood might be different, but most undocumented workers are pretty low profile, yes.

Barbarian observes:
I'm just pleased we're starting to nail more of the criminals.

From the conservative Washington Times:
The Obama administration has dramatically changed the composition of those it’s deporting now that President Obama’s non-deportation policy is in effect, setting an overall record for the number of people kicked out of the U.S. last year.

It’s more than the overall total of 409,849 deportations, which the administration released late Friday. In the final five weeks of the year, after the policy took effect, 78 percent of all aliens removed from the country had criminal records — up 50 percent from what it was before the policy was implemented.

Since taking the reins, Mr. Obama has dramatically rearranged the country’s deportation policy, increasingly turning attention away from rank-and-file illegal immigrants and focusing instead on gang members, aliens with criminal convictions and those who have violated immigration law repeatedly

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/23/increase-in-deportations-hits-criminals/?page=all

Barbarian observes:
Truth is, in Texas, illegals add billions of dollars to the state economy, so they really aren't a problem here.

Of course it is. A republican comptroller did the study. This is why Perry wasn't so eager to start deporting more immigrants. Bad for bidness.

The study only focused on the state economy. Nothing about drugs.

Barbarian observes:
The bad guys are another issue, which is why it's good we're now focusing mostly on getting the criminals out.

America.

You know, I've always been more than just a little creeped out by people who refer to themselves in the third person ... and have imaginary friends they refer to as "we".

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
Not unless they committed a serious crime. Mostly, they get deported. You know, illegally crossing is a civil offense, not a crime. And crime actually declined more in states with higher rates of immigration. So not what you've been told it is.

TH !!!! Help !!!

You won't like what he tells you. Actually, crossing apart from a checkpoint can be a crime, but being here illegally is not. In general, if you go through a checkpoint as a visitor and stay illegally it's no crime. If you overstay a visa it's not a crime. It is a civil offense, however.

Coyotes and their clients can go to prison for illegal entry, but because it's so hard to prove, it rarely happens. But it's just a misdemeanor, not a felony for a person to cross apart from a point of entry.

Barbarian is surprised:
I thought you lived in The Valley. You don't know who's responsible? Seriously?

I told you I live just north of Acuna

I would think you'd know, then.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You know, I've always been more than just a little creeped out by people who refer to themselves in the third person

Habit I picked up on usenet. You wouldn't understand.

... and have imaginary friends they refer to as "we".

I never thought of Americans as imaginary, and only a small percentage of them are actually my friends.

Is English not your first language?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
One of us is a raving lunatic.

You aren't really raving, just a bit confused. Go back and check the stats on those criminally charged with entry. It's possible to do that, but very hard to get a conviction since you really have to prove the person didn't enter legally and then just overstay.

It could be me

Good guess.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
A politician manipulates "statistics" for a political purpose ... perish the thought.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-T...e-Ridden-in-US

Breitbart isn't a politician; it's a blog. And while property crimes and homicide dropped like a rock along border counties, kidnapping continues to be a problem, but only for smugglers and drug dealers or those who deal with them.

It’s clear that Arizona has an organized crime problem, with 267 kidnappings in 2009 in Phoenix alone. But the kidnappings most often occur when human smugglers—who are usually part of Mexican drug cartels—demand more money for their services. As Phoenix police Sgt. Tommy Thompson said, “We’re talking about the kidnapping of smugglers and associates. I have no fear that my kids or grandkids will be victims.”
http://www.americanprogress.org/iss...-setting-the-record-straight-on-border-crime/

On the other hand, if you're involved any of that, you should be worried.

fzappa13

BTW Barbie ... for the third time, Mr. "I know what's going on down at the border" ... where do you live? I put my cards on the table.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
But, Barbie says this isn't happening because ...

Nope. You're frustrated because your beliefs aren't supported by the evidence, so you pull out an anecdote or two instead. No one said crime or illegal immigration ceased. The fact is that it's down. And you knew this.

And the reason I knew more than you do, is that I have a son in McAllen who is a government employee who happens to be a position to know more about it.

It's why I knew about the different places along the border, and you don't.

The town, BTW is Los Ebanos, if you were having trouble identifying it by the church. There's was only one there, last time I visited.

because ... well, because Obama says it isn't! Can't you read the statistics !!!!

You're entitled to your own opinions, but you're not entitled to your own reality. You're stuck with the one we have. And that reality is that crime is down in the Valley, very likely because there's a new emphasis on nailing the criminals in the U.S. illegally, and also likely due to the fact that we're catching more people as they attempt to enter.

Reality might be difficult, but it's real. Learn to live with it.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
fizzappa writes:
This is a big picture article that could use some footnoting but, it's a start for those curious about the recent uptick in global illegal immigration. Researching the terms and acronyms contained therein will bear fruit. (CAUTION, NOT FOR THE IDEOLOGICALLY IMPAIRED)

http://www.oldthinkernews.com/2014/0...l-immigration/

Hmm... well, let's take a look...from your link:

As Kurt Nimmo reports, a former Al-Qaeda commander recently said that the Islamic State works for the CIA. Nimmo reports, “Na’eem said ISIS, now IS or the Islamic State, is part of the neocon and Israeli “Clean Break” plan to balkanize the Arab and Muslim Middle East.”

Okaaayyyy... at least now we know why you behave the way you do.