Common sense prevails, Trump bans transgenders from the military

glassjester

Paedophilia will soon be classified as an illness that needs treatment rather than punishment. Once this happens paedos will demand rights and before you know it there will be laws in place to protect them. They will probably organise paedo pride marches.

But they were born that way! Besides, it happens in nature all the time.

glassjester

It comes under the same judgement as a homosexual pedophile is simply someone who has no control over his sexual lusts. Sexual perversions know no bounds and will often be carried out as opportunity is provided.

You don't have to convince me. I was just showing how two common defenses of homosexuality can or will be used to defend pedophilia.

ClimateSanity

Another researcher into the human sexuality, no doubt.
Christian based research would not be allowed in the science publications. In fact, an attempt would be used to get you fired from your job whatever it may be.

A woman was fired from her job in Portland because she put a lot of pro Trump messages on Facebook. The local Antifa found her employer and threatened bad press if they didn't fire her.

ClimateSanity

You can't attack the argument, so you attack the man?

Come on, explain why I'm wrong.
He can't. He sees himself as superior since he sees himself as part of the enlightened left. He has deluded himself into thinking all conservatives know how superior his kind are and will cower to any charge he makes.

Selaphiel

Reproduction is a basic biological need and function. It is to the species, what eating is to the individual. Of course reproduction is accomplished naturally through sex between a man and a woman. A man with an aversion to sex with a woman is akin to a man with an aversion to eating. It's a disorder.

Nope, eating is necessary for staying alive. Reproduction isnt. Following your own reasoning here, celibacy would be a disorder as well. Since celibacy unnaturally (at least according to your simplistic understanding of human sexuality) disrupts a man or a woman from acting on their natural sexual drive for reproduction for religious reasons. Sure, you can cite scripture and what not to get some support for celibacy, but you made an argument from nature.

Of course, your argument does not succeed anyway. It assumes that sexuality and reproduction is all about the individual procreating, but biology talks about the sexual fitness of a population as well as that of an individual. A groups ability to reproduce is in some cases more important than that of every single individual within the group. And human beings are social animals, in other words group animals. So it does follow that individuals that do not reproduce are disorderly, they may have (or had) a function that aids the survivability of the group and thus the reproductive fitness of the group as a whole. Then your entire reason for calling it disorderly is false. Since homosexuality exists in other social animals as well, it kind of supports the idea that it does (or has in the past) support the overall reproductive fitness of groups (I personally think that is a better explanation than postulating that the devil and his minions goes around tempting certain individuals, including penguins for some reason, to desire the same sex), and then it is actually the opposite of disorderly, its beneficial and orderly if reproduction is your criteria.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
He can't. He sees himself as superior since he sees himself as part of the enlightened left. He has deluded himself into thinking all conservatives know how superior his kind are and will cower to any charge he makes.

You are not a mind reader ,so you understand nothing.

You are not a mind reader.

What words? You have no idea what my intentions were. You lefties sure think you have mind reading capabilities.

You have to be kidding. Do you have a degree in mind reading?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Since it was done for the wrong reasons, no, I'm not excited about the decision.

So you would prefer that transsexuals are allowed in the military?

Explain why you're ok with the T being (allegedly*) banned in the US military, but the LGB is ok.

*This policy hasn't been enacted, the public learned about it from one of Donald's late night Tweets.

FYI: Here's what is motivating Donald the Degenerate to ban these lost souls from the military:

http://theologyonline.com/showthrea...-Recriminalized!-Part-4&p=5071432#post5071432

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Explain why you're ok with the T being (allegedly*) banned in the US military, but the LGB is ok.

Woops. :doh:

Keep in mind that your Libertarian ally (WizardofOz/musterion/patrick jane/ok doser) didn't cross Party lines and vote for Donald Trump because he is a strong proponent of traditional family values.

glassjester

Nope, eating is necessary for staying alive. Reproduction isnt. Following your own reasoning here, celibacy would be a disorder as well. Since celibacy unnaturally (at least according to your simplistic understanding of human sexuality) disrupts a man or a woman from acting on their natural sexual drive for reproduction for religious reasons. Sure, you can cite scripture and what not to get some support for celibacy, but you made an argument from nature.

Celibacy is a choice. It's not a psychological aversion.

To go with the analogy to eating - anorexia is not the same as fasting.

Of course, your argument does not succeed anyway. It assumes that sexuality and reproduction is all about the individual procreating, but biology talks about the sexual fitness of a population as well as that of an individual. A groups ability to reproduce is in some cases more important than that of every single individual within the group. And human beings are social animals, in other words group animals. So it does follow that individuals that do not reproduce are disorderly, they may have (or had) a function that aids the survivability of the group and thus the reproductive fitness of the group as a whole. Then your entire reason for calling it disorderly is false.

Sure, certain disorderly behaviors in individuals could help the species. But that wouldn't make the individual less disordered. For example, I bet rape has played a big part in human survival during certain points in history (and pre-history). But I'd still call rape disorderly - wouldn't you?

Since homosexuality exists in other social animals as well, it kind of supports the idea that it does (or has in the past) support the overall reproductive fitness of groups (I personally think that is a better explanation than postulating that the devil and his minions goes around tempting certain individuals, including penguins for some reason, to desire the same sex), and then it is actually the opposite of disorderly, its beneficial and orderly if reproduction is your criteria.

And how do you know the species survived because of those disordered behaviors, rather than in spite of them?

Plenty of disorderly behaviors (pica, pedophilia, kleptomania, etc) are present in our species - they've been successfully passed along throughout or evolution - but they're still disorders. Right?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Keep in mind that your Libertarian ally (WizardofOz/musterion/patrick jane/ok doser) didn't cross Party lines and vote for Donald Trump because he is a strong proponent of traditional family values.

In this past election, who was?

I devoted a lot of time and effort during the primaries promoting Ted Cruz. The above Libertarian who crossed Party lines to vote for Trump hated Cruz with a passion because of his strong traditional family values.

I can tell that you're extremely ignorant when it comes to politics and without a doubt mindlessly voted Republican without even knowing what you were getting with Donald Trump. But then perhaps you knew all along.