ECT Comments from an ex-charismatic preacher

Ponzi schemes work only when you can fool OTHER people into putting their money in.

At first I was thinking, "Ponzi scheme, what?" But it is a Ponzi scheme in a sense, some extreme, cosmic version, where the person running the scam doesn't even have to promise to provide the return, themselves. It's sort of the perfect scam, in that regard, isn't it?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Maybe less time babbling and rolling in the aisles, and more time spiritually studying scripture, would throw some light on the subject.

Wrong. The Lord healed all who came to Him:

Matthew 4:24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.

Matthew 8

14 And when Jesus was come into Peter's house, he saw his wife's mother laid, and sick of a fever.
15 And he touched her hand, and the fever left her: and she arose, and ministered unto them.
16 When the even was come, they brought unto him many that were possessed with devils: and he cast out the spirits with his word, and healed all that were sick.

Matthew 12:15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all.

Luke 6

17 And he came down with them, and stood in the plain, and the company of his disciples, and a great multitude of people out of all Judaea and Jerusalem, and from the sea coast of Tyre and Sidon, which came to hear him, and to be healed of their diseases;
18 And they that were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed.
19 And the whole multitude sought to touch him: for there went virtue out of him, and healed them all.

And how do you know an amputee was never healed? Answer: you don't. What of the man with a withered hand?

Matthew 12

10 And, behold, there was a man which had his hand withered. And they asked him, saying, Is it lawful to heal on the sabbath days? that they might accuse him.
11 And he said unto them, What man shall there be among you, that shall have one sheep, and if it fall into a pit on the sabbath day, will he not lay hold on it, and lift it out?
12 How much then is a man better than a sheep? Wherefore it is lawful to do well on the sabbath days.
13 Then saith he to the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it forth; and it was restored whole, like as the other.

This is restoring missing tissue to normal. What is your point? Sounds to me like an excuse why charismatic frauds can't really heal. Are you claiming the Lord could not have healed an amputee? Wrong again, your God not the God of the Bible, rather your God, then, impotent in the face of some maladies. And, again, you don't know any such thing, that the Lord did not heal any amputee, ever:

John 21:25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

The point is, anybody with the gift of healing is going to heal Christians, period, not an isolated Christian here or there, and why? God is not a respecter of persons, that's why:

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons.

Either all who come in faith of the Lord Jesus are healed by your purported healers, or you're serving a God who is a respecter of persons, who is partial to some, and this is not the God of the Bible. Your claims do not comport with scripture, just as your purported healers are frauds. But I'd never insist on amputees, would be content with bona fide Christians hopping out of wheelchairs, or blind getting sight that really are afflicted, instead of healthy plants in the audience and fakery, instead of lying and shameful circus shows, some carnival barker, whipping the crowd into an emotional frenzy that has zero to do with spirituality.

Common sense should tell you there's no healing going on to any scale you claim, lame, blind or deaf, and the like, restored, or you'd hear about this, a lot, from even the unbelieving world that knows people seeming so intractably afflicted, but were restored. It would be in the news, somewhere, every day. In fact, looking at your posts, how they don't jive with scripture, I wonder if you say much of anything true. And you do have charlatans that will lineup behind your remarks scripture refutes.

As to your claims of millions this and that Pentecostals are spawning in China or whatever, big numbers of anything, when narrow is the gate that few find is the scripture truth, is a good recommendation for nothing, even indicates something worldly going on. There are mega churches, filled to the rafters, and charlatans that can fill stadiums you don't even get the true gospel from. Show me something the world is chasing after in droves, and that's already got one, big strike against it, as churches of the whole gospel and faithful to the Bible are not chased after by the world, do not pack in the large crowds frauds do. So maybe you should not use popularity in the world as a talking point.

Matthew 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

John 15

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Good post.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
All over the world God is moving with mighty power, MILLIONS are being saved, in China, in Africa and other continents and it's all Pentecostal.

While the western church is giving over their cities and states to the homos and trannies and peodophiles...and they dare not chirp for fear of political correctness.

And there is worse to come.....unbelief comes with a price tag my friends

You ought to take a look at the shenanigans of the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement beginning in the early 90s? You'll find plenty of "strange" things happening on You-Tube. Even YOU might be shocked?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Pentecostal/Charismatics thrive on emotionalism and experiential occurrences rather than preaching the Gospel and reading/studying the Bible. They're all about "signs and wonders." There may be some who are interested in spreading the Gospel and reading/studying the Bible, however, not all of them are.

ZacharyB

Anyway, here's what he said when I asked about the basic reasons for his renunciation of pentecostalism/charismaticism.
Total and absolute insanity!

Anyone writing such stuff has NEVER:
-- been baptized with the Holy Spirit
(with the confirming evidence of speaking in other tongues)
-- subsequently received one or more of the 9 spiritual power gifts

It is extremely difficult to believe
in this "second blessing" unless:

-- one has received it
or
-- one has believed the testimony
of someone who has received it

Please consider carefully:
-- Satan ferociously attacks those
believers who are the most powerful
enemies to his cause.
-- The words and actions of men
have nothing to do with God's
spiritual Truths, which obviously
are everlasting.

"Anyone writing such stuff has NEVER:"

"It is extremely difficult to believe
-- one has received it" [What, baptism of the Holy Spirit is like Doublemint gum?]

believers [Blah, blah, blah, all the rest of you have devils...]

"And there is worse to come.....unbelief comes with a price tag my friends" [And the typical cult threats, blah, blah, blah, if you don't also babble or bark like a dog at church, it's a Benny Hinn curse for you! Is that, itself, Satanic, or what?]

And these are the sorts of comments that expose what you really are. It's just cult nonsense your own words condemn you as. You think you're God's special little creatures, in essence, claiming the rest of Christendom is flawed, just like Roman Catholics and any number of cults, think you have some lease on the Holy Spirit others lack. Along with it go the usual private interpretations, none of you actually having the gift of healing the Lord Jesus manifest, no apostle of scripture a babbler or money grubber, except for Judas, as to the latter. Scripture teaching and sermons are nowhere performed in an emotional frenzy, no babbling recorded. There are no Pentecostals in the Bible, acting more as if possessed, than anything else. The stupid threats against other Christians are, in truth, rather pathetic.

I'm here to tell you God has no special denomination, and special denominations don't have the God of scripture. Your claim is, as already stated, that God is a respecter of your persons, within your walls the Holy Spirit makes special appearances, and scripture puts a the lie to that, period. You're just deluded, and the sooner you learn the whole gospel, the sooner you'll begin to learn the whole truth and stop behaving as a garden variety, brainwashed cultist. It's actually appalling vanity, arrogance and stupidity, any who would tell the entire body of other believers they're flawed.

Maybe if you read this a hundred more times it would sink in. Doubtful, but hope springs eternal.

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons.

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality."

If those translations are too complex, let's try this:

Acts 10:34 Then Peter started speaking: "I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism in dealing with people."

You ought to take a look at the shenanigans of the Pentecostal/Charismatic movement beginning in the early 90s? You'll find plenty of "strange" things happening on You-Tube. Even YOU might be shocked?

In fact, there's a mountain of such documentation of sayings and acts that would be impossible for any true Christian to engage in, much less some so-called minister. It's over-the-top phony, not even subtle, what's scary that anybody could possibly fall for any of it.

musterion

Total and absolute insanity!

Anyone writing such stuff has NEVER:
-- been baptized with the Holy Spirit
(with the confirming evidence of speaking in other tongues)
-- subsequently received one or more of the 9 spiritual power gifts

It is extremely difficult to believe

-- one has received it
or
-- one has believed the testimony
of someone who has received it

Please consider carefully:
believers who are the most powerful
enemies to his cause.
-- The words and actions of men
have nothing to do with God's
spiritual Truths, which obviously
are everlasting.

Another works-saved charismaniac.

Jamie Gigliotti

This is from an email I saved over 10 years ago. It was accompanied by a list of charismatic superstars who had fallen into gross immorality, got caught engaging in criminal activity, or who just up and died of diseases they'd gotten rich telling people God had to cure if they just had enough faith; that list would be a lot bigger now if I chose to update it, maybe someday.

Anyway, here's what he said when I asked about the basic reasons for his renunciation of pentecostalism/charismaticism.

"...no one can say, "Jesus is Lord" except in the Holy Spirit."" 1 Corinthians 12:3

The first gift of the Holy Spirit.

Taking out what we don't like or don't understand or don't believe is a 90° degree slippery slope downward...

I don't speak in toungues and I know there are many fakes looking for money... distorting the truth is the devil's #1 game. But none the less that does not justify cessation, which teaches to disregard scripture, another lie being spun.

Find God's love in men and you will truly find the gift of the Spirit that matters. There is work that is done from "Jesus is Lord" to full of love and lots in between.

"If I speak in toungues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have all prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have and deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love I gain nothing." 1 Corinthians 13:1-3

ZacharyB

You people have a lot going on against you ...
Satan, his demons, false teachers, false doctrines, corrupt churches, etc.

Your only hope is IF you can hear spiritual Truth from the precious Holy Spirit.

But, for this to happen, you must be OPEN to hearing His spiritual Truth.

This means ... NO pre-conceived biases, false church doctrines, etc.

What do you think "the doctrines of men" are?

You must be OPEN to hearing new spiritual Truths from the Holy Spirit.

Otherwise, you will continue to be deceived.

You people have a lot going on against you ...
Satan, his demons, false teachers, false doctrines, corrupt churches, etc.

James 4:11 Do not speak evil of one another, brethren. He who speaks evil of a brother and judges his brother, speaks evil of the law and judges the law. But if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge. 12 There is one Lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. Who are you to judge another?

John 5:22 For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son.

Matthew 5:22 But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment. And whoever says to his brother, 'Raca!' shall be in danger of the council. But whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be in danger of hell fire.

John 8:7 So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first."

Matthew 7:3 And why do you look at the speck in your brother's eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me remove the speck from your eye'; and look, a plank is in your own eye? 5 Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
I'm here to tell you God has no special denomination, and special denominations don't have the God of scripture. Your claim is, as already stated, that God is a respecter of your persons, within your walls the Holy Spirit makes special appearances, and scripture puts a the lie to that, period. You're just deluded, and the sooner you learn the whole gospel, the sooner you'll begin to learn the whole truth and stop behaving as a garden variety, brainwashed cultist. It's actually appalling vanity, arrogance and stupidity, any who would tell the entire body of other believers they're flawed.

Maybe if you read this a hundred more times it would sink in. Doubtful, but hope springs eternal.

Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth and said: "In truth I perceive that God shows no partiality."

If those translations are too complex, let's try this:

Acts 10:34 Then Peter started speaking: "I now truly understand that God does not show favoritism in dealing with people."[/QUOTE]

TOTS REPLIED

You are a nogginhead then aren't you

For your argument is that God IS a respecter of persons, that He favoured members of Corinth church more than members of churches today.

I say that the Pentecostal blessing and power is for each and every Christian....but some don't want Him over much,

YOU don't do you.

What do you think? that the Holy Spirit is the Paraclete and is sitting on your head while you spend hours watching the telly? you are pursuing your own interests, to what purpose then would God work in any extraordinary way in your life?

Get interested in the things that God is interested in, people all around you going to their graves without anyone to show them God's love.

I'm sure if you read the arguments people brought against Luther or the Wesleys you would see your own arguments. The catholics told Luther all the things you say about us. That he was just trying to be extraordinary, that he should settle down and accept the church as it is now and ever had been. Stone cold dead while our cities and states are being taken over by perverts

They used to hide behind the bushes but now they hide behind positions of authority...and the church is powerless.

Last edited:

andyc

One must judge if the bible tells us that the sign gifts were temporal.
The bible doesn't tell us this.

One must judge why people choose not to accept sign gifts today.

Unbelief.

Backslidden children

Classic, textbook statement somebody in a cult would make, everybody else is wrong, backslidden, we're God's special creatures, God only operates within our walls. You're not making your case, quite the opposite. As expected, you find it impossible to understand that God is not a respecter of persons, that your denomination has no lease on truth or the Holy Spirit. Scripture is very clear as to this, but you don't get it, because you refuse to get it, are more enamored of your cultic religion.

And there is worse to come.....unbelief comes with a price tag my friends

And where does this come from? Who appointed you the proclaim evil to befall others? To judge others proclaiming Christ, actually, that even fundamentalists you conclude in unbelief? I've already provided scripture that forbids such judging. This is more like an angry witch, wishing to invoke a curse, and you call people you threaten so friends? You'd not be my friend. I wouldn't want to live in the same neighborhood with a headcase who concludes there is evil in store for anybody who disagrees with them. You're like those people who tell others they're going to hell, then conclude their evil remarks with, "God bless."

You'd do well to think that maybe the Holy Spirit has nothing to do with rolling around on the floor, barking like dogs, fits of laughter, phony healings, dancing or babbling, again, consider what scripture says, instead of threatening people with Benny Hinn curses.

Galatians 5

18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.
24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

You should also seriously consider this proverb and admonition:

Psalms 7:15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.

Obviously, religion based on emotionalism will not lead to a person having more emotional control, either, hence anger management issues that make a person vainglorious, hateful and threatening of others that are different, which is not more spiritual.