ECT Comments from an ex-charismatic preacher

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Oral Roberts claimed years ago that God told him if he didn't raise so many millions of dollars for that hospital of his, God was gonna take his life. The joke back then was: "Did ya hear Oral Roberts died? "No, how? "The check bounced."

A friend of his said that he went to college with Tilton and admitted that he and Tilton would get drunk and attend tent meetings and learned how to impersonate the healers. He admitted that he was better at it than Tilton.

Had to be the case! Tilton could be so bad sometimes that you could swear you're watching a comedy skit or episode in a Fellini movie.

Roberts claimed he met a 900 foot, Jesus.

I remember seeing that on TV! He said he saw this giant Jesus, in response to asking the Lord how tall to make his medical center building. His son wanted to do something else in life, but Oral told Richard, isn't it, he'd die in a plane wreck, if he didn't carry on the "ministry." What a creep.

When I was a kid a friend of mines Mom liked Katherine Kuhlman. One night she was on TV and my friend and I were laughing like crazy. Only trying to be silent about it.

I don't believe ANYTHING these guys have to say.

Something interesting in this regard, I used to watch all of them here and there, or listen on the radio, including the Armstrongs, was a young Christian, and I never believed them, either, would see the agenda, the lies and the phoniness. Though a cult, I found Herbert Armstrong, at least, sincere. Back when, Oral Roberts was actually a big, respected name, in a wide community of mainstream Christianity, but I was never taken in by any of them, knew who was of truth, and only listened to those of truth, regularly. I would only, and to this day, watch the charlatans, to see what the devil is up to. It makes me wonder where is the spiritual discernment among their followers. God knows, but I don't see how they could be saved.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
These guys don't pay a dime to the IRS and live like Kings and Queens. Joel Olsteen is another character. Although he's more of a motivational speaker than a preacher.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Something interesting in this regard, I used to watch all of them here and there, or listen on the radio, including the Armstrongs, was a young Christian, and I never believed them, either, would see the agenda, the lies and the phoniness. Though a cult, I found Herbert Armstrong, at least, sincere. Back when, Oral Roberts was actually a big, respected name, in a wide community of mainstream Christianity, but I was never taken in by any of them, knew who was of truth, and only listened to those of truth, regularly. I would only, and to this day, watch the charlatans, to see what the devil is up to. It makes me wonder where is the spiritual discernment among their followers. God knows, but I don't see how they could be saved.

I agree. I watch them on U-tube once in awhile, just for entertainment value alone.