College Football 2015

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will need to pull the schedules and results but the first one is Iowa and Stanford with one common opponent. Stanford lost to Northwestern and Iowa beat Northwestern 40-10. I will see who played whom and what their record is in the end.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The 4 teams are a decent selection, it just isn't last year.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Notre Dame isn't far from Big 12 country at all. Then just add one, like Houston

Notre Dame belongs in the Big 10

Nebraska, Texas A&M, and Arkansas belong in the Big 12

Maryland and West Virginia belong in the ACC

The ACC is basically a Big East/ACC merger conference. Of the 14 ACC teams, 6 of them used to be in the Big East (Pitt, Syracuse, Boston College, Miami, Virginia Tech, and Louisville). If you count Notre Dame, it's 7 teams from the Big East.

Penn State and Rutgers don't belong in the Big 10 either.

If I had my way, I would have a North East Conference that would consist of:

Pittsburgh
Penn State
Rutgers
Temple
Connecticut
West Virginia
Syracuse
Cincinnati
Boston College
Louisville

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
One could debate that Texas and its little sister schools that play football like flag football should go back to the Southwest Conference. Maybe that would help out the forever struggling places like Rice and SMU. Cheaters noted, but still can't get it done.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Notre Dame belongs in the Big 10

Like Penn State, they would end up even more irrelevant. Come to think of it, that is probably what you want. Playing Purdue and Michigan isn't playing Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, and now Michigan State season after season. I remember the Domers playing them a bit when they were just "Sparty".

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am going to watch Michigan and Florida play again. It doesn't seem like that long ago when Tebow and Meyer were at Florida losing to Lloyd Carr on his way out the door.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Former USC football coach Steve Sarkisian is suing USC over them firing him for cause. This is the other half of 'Murica.

He wants $30 mil because he has a disability. If you ask me, he seems fully capable of tipping that bottle.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I'm hoping for a Clemson/Bama matchup in the championship game. That would be a fun game to watch. Of course, both of us have to win our way into that first.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm hoping for a Clemson/Bama matchup in the championship game. That would be a fun game to watch. Of course, both of us have to win our way into that first.

You're lucky your Crimson Tide didn't have to play Oklahoma in Dallas. That would have been like a home game for the Sooners.

Michigan State has the best QB of the Final Four teams. However, Coker is probably the second best QB. One would think the team with the best QB has the best chance.......:think:

I don't have a dog in this fight, I will just sit back and enjoy.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You're lucky your Crimson Tide didn't have to play Oklahoma in Dallas. That would have been like a home game for the Sooners.

And that is they type of team that can beat Saban's front seven. Hence the need to jump Michigan State based upon "merit". And don't mistake me for an OU bandwagoneer. I don't think they belong. The Big 12 to me is still off the table. But that is just one person's opinion. To me the Big 12 has a 5-7 Texas team that can't get out of their own way, yet still beat Baylor and Oklahoma.

And with all that, Oklahoma is playing like a top 5 team. I know it is 4, but top 5 is an older saying about elite teams.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Likely, but I think on a given day the best teams can beat anyone anywhere and Alabama has been better at that than any other team for a while now.

Michigan State has the best QB of the Final Four teams. However, Coker is probably the second best QB. One would think the team with the best QB has the best chance.......:think:
It doesn't hurt, but if you have great defense and running you can win with a decent qb. That's also been Alabama's history for a while, though AJ was better than probably anyone, physically, since Croyle.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I will just sit back and enjoy.
Should be fun.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I want to give props to one of my regular punching bags. I did say Kelly has ND as good as they have been since Lou Holtz. They are solid.

They had a stretch where they played Clemson, Navy, USC, Temple, and Pitt. Losing only to Clemson in a driving rain on the road. Navy is 9-2 and will be 10-2 after they hand it to Army this Saturday. USC has a bunch of talent but is a 5 loss team. Temple is quite good as most know, and Pitt is solid this year. Pitt and Navy square off in their bowl game. I might watch.

It is about time to check up on a regular basis over at 24/7 sports for recruiting. My guess is ND has a solid class with the season they had.