College Football 2015

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
do they really think ND would beat OK ST or TCU or Baylor? I'd choose any of those 3 teams over ND. Maybe I'm just falling for exciting offense.

They would bring down Baylor and TCU, no problem. I think Oklahoma beats them, but I don't know it for certain. That inexplicable loss to Texas certainly lit a fire under their collective butts. Take a look at their results before and after that game.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
How many of Iowa's games have you seen?

I watched Iowa play Pitt. Iowa barely won at Iowa.

Last week I watched ND dominate Pitt at Pitt.

Pitt's not bad, they're 6-3, and their three losses are against teams that are a combined 24-2.

However, ND was at a different level than Pitt. Iowa was not at the level ND was at.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I watched Iowa play Pitt. Iowa barely won at Iowa.

Last week I watched ND dominate Pitt at Pitt.

Ohio State lost to USC and Purdue, Oregon beat USC (crushed really) and Purdue. So that is how the 2010 Rose Bowl game went? You know better.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Ohio State lost to USC and Purdue, Oregon beat USC (crushed really) and Purdue. So that is how the 2010 Rose Bowl game went? You know better.

Ya, I know, but if Iowa played Notre Dame, there ain't no way I'm taking Iowa.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am not sure. This is Kelly's best team, and it is full of injuries. This team doesn't lose to Alabama by 6 touchdowns, that much I believe.

ESPN (not sure of motivation) just posted on sportscenter this. Wins against top 25, Iowa 2, Baylor 0. Wins against teams with winning record Iowa 5, Baylor 0. Opponents records Iowa 43-39, Baylor 24-47.

The Big Ten Network did something similar in week 8 with Iowa and Clemson. Iowa beat 3 teams with 6 wins already, Clemson had 1. It got worse quickly with opponents until the FSU win.

drbrumley

#1 Clemson @ Syracuse
Line: Clemson -26
DRB Score: Clemson 31 Syracuse 20
Last meeting: 2014 Clemson 16, Syracuse 6

#2 Alabama @ #17 Mississippi St.
Line: Alabama -6
DRB Score: Miss. St. 23 Alabama 22
Last Meeting: 2014 Alabama 25 Miss St. 20

#3 Ohio St. @ Illinois
Line: Ohio St. -16 O/U 55.5
DRB Score: Ohio St. 26 Illinois 18
Last meeting: 2014 Ohio St. 55 Illinois 14

Wake Forest @ #4 Notre Dame
Line: Notre Dame -27 O/U 52
DRB Score: Notre Dame 30, Wake Forest 13
Last Meeting: 2012 Notre Dame 38 Wake Forest 0

Subject to change

Last edited:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
#1 Clemson @ Syracuse
Line: Clemson -26
DRB Score: Clemson 31 Syracuse 20
Last meeting: 2014 Clemson 16, Syracuse 6

#2 Alabama @ #17 Mississippi St.
Line: Alabama -6
DRB Score: Miss. St. 23 Alabama 22
Last Meeting: 2014 Alabama 25 Miss St. 20

#3 Ohio St. @ Illinois
Line: Ohio St. -16 O/U 55.5
DRB Score: Ohio St. 26 Illinois 18
Last meeting: 2014 Ohio St. 55 Illinois 14

Wake Forest @ #4 Notre Dame
Line: Notre Dame -27 O/U 52
DRB Score: Notre Dame 30, Wake Forest 13
Last Meeting: 2012 Notre Dame 38 Wake Forest 0

Subject to change

I will be watching Pitt and Duke, strange as it may seem. Clemson needs Duke to win to look good in the ACC title game. This assumes Duke can beat North Carolina in something besides basketball.

Take the over on Ohio State-Illinois. The record setting OSU drunk driving QB is back under center. Look for them to score 50, and Illinois while not good is much better than last year.

A spread team is what gives Alabama's defense trouble. Not LSU and Leonard Fournette. This game might be close just because of Dak Prescott, so maybe.

The SEC favorites Georgia and Auburn square off. Try not to laugh.

I think Memphis loses again this week to Houston. I believe the CFP poll is backwards with the AAC. Houston is lowest and Temple and Memphis are above them. I think Houston is the best of the 3.

Oklahoma and Baylor is probably the big game this weekend. I have picked Oklahoma all along. We shall see if that is right or wrong.

drbrumley

SOS to date rankings for undefeated teams per FEI: 71. Clemson 94. Ok State 107. Iowa 114. Houston 118. Ohio St

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
SOS to date rankings for undefeated teams per FEI: 71. Clemson 94. Ok State 107. Iowa 114. Houston 118. Ohio St

Knowing Iowa has played the most opponents with really good records, that made up rating doesn't mean much. Not that you made up that rating. Anybody want to guess why Ole Miss is ranked with losses to Memphis, Arkansas (6-4), and that brutal beating by a Florida team that is no match for over rated and one dimensional LSU? The SEC started (wrongly) with 8 ranked teams. They should be down to 3, but with Ole Miss sliding back in with 3 losses it is back to 4.

I wonder if North Carolina will knock off Clemson in the ACC title game. The Gators also have a better chance than some might think if they take down Florida State and then Alabama.

So much of Stanford, a team that was manhandled by Northwestern.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Take the over on Ohio State-Illinois. The record setting OSU drunk driving QB is back under center.

So much for that. Should have known better with a conference road game.

I think Memphis loses again this week to Houston.

Undefeated Houston has no chance at the playoff.

Oklahoma and Baylor is probably the big game this weekend. I have picked Oklahoma all along. We shall see if that is right or wrong.

I think Oklahoma has a chance if they continue to win. Ok State is the issue with a rivalry game. I don't see TCU having a chance.

drbrumley

Wake Forest @ #1 Clemson
Clemson -29
Clemson covers

#9 Michigan St. @ #2 Ohio St.
Line: Ohio St -13
DRB: Ohio St. wins but doesn't cover

Charleston Southern @ #3 Alabama
Why Bother!

#10 Baylor @ #4 Oklahoma St.
Line: Okla St -1
DRB: This is a game I would stay away from. This is a pick em game and I pick Okla St cause they are home.

Boston College @ 5 Notre Dame
Line: Notre Dame -17
DRB: Notre Dame covers

Purdue @ #6 Iowa
Line: Iowa -21
DRB: Iowa covers

#11 TCU @ #7 Oklahoma
Line: No line as of yet
DRB: Oklahoma by 9

Florida Atlantic @ #8 Florida
Line: Florida -31
Florida covers

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Can't argue with your posts Nick. They are spot on.

I was going to ask where are your SEC picks for the week? And TH knows it is true. I don't care if they play bad teams. Do it in September.

Aside from the SEC game in Atlanta, their regular season is over. After this week they get Auburn and if you ask me, Malzhan is out the door. The only reason he won is Cam Newton. Nick Marshall also covered some serious deficiencies.

I have to post another tweet, without posting a tweet. It is the SEC schedule in late November when teams are to go head to head and find out who can really play. And I still have Alabama number 2 after Ohio State.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
SEC schedule for this Saturday. Try not to laugh. Florida State is going against powerhouse Chattanooga. Just to keep it fair and balanced.

Florida-Florida Atlantic.

South Carolina-The Citadel

Ole Miss-LSU

Auburn-Idaho

Alabama-Charleston Southern

Mississippi State-Arkansas

Georgia-Georgia Southern

Tennessee-Missouri

Texas A&M-Vanderbuilt

Kentucky-Charlotte

The third Saturday and only limited conference games.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think Oklahoma has a chance if they continue to win.

If Ohio St wins this week, and wins the Big Ten, they are a lock for the playoff.

If Clemson does the same, they are a lock.

Same thing for Alabama.

If Oklahoma State wins the rest of their games, there is no way they are left out of the playoff.

However, what happens if Notre Dame wins the rest of its games and Oklahoma wins the rest of its games.

Who is the fourth team? Notre Dame or the Big 12 Champion Oklahoma?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
If Ohio St wins this week, and wins the Big Ten, they are a lock for the playoff.

If Clemson does the same, they are a lock.

Same thing for Alabama.

If Oklahoma State wins the rest of their games, there is no way they are left out of the playoff.

However, what happens if Notre Dame wins the rest of its games and Oklahoma wins the rest of its games.

Who is the fourth team? Notre Dame or the Big 12 Champion Oklahoma?

I think the power 5 teams should band together and refuse to play Notre Dame.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I think the power 5 teams should band together and refuse to play Notre Dame.

I agree.

The ACC should not let them be a part of the ACC in every sport except men's football.

The Big East did the same thing.

Either join a conference 100%, or go be an independent in every sport, and don't expect your men's football team to play against the power 5 teams.

There is nothing more arrogant than Norte Dame men's football.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I think Oklahoma is better by a slim margin. ND has over achieved and that shouldn't count against them but it does. This is the best Kelly's team has played and it is with a bunch of injuries.

But there is no telling what people that don't know on the committee think. They are influenced by the former coaches who are ADs and they should be. But it is obvious the ESPN/SEC trick does work also. My beef now is that Alabama and Ohio State are the two best teams. Just like last year. They should not be playing in a semi-final.

I am just waiting for the teams to finish and the scenarios to play themselves out.

Ok State owns Baylor's soul at home in recent history. Yet this year OK State falls behind. If anybody falls behind against Baylor including Bama and OSU, they are in trouble. Let these scenarios play out.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Michigan State and Ohio State have 19 NFL scouts in route. According to Eleven Warriors (OSU site). They are looking at 20 players. You would think this was Florida State-Miami back in the day. But, talent goes in cycles.